Did anyone else get this survey today?

I received a survey today from Royal Caribbean asking if I would be willing to join a loyalty program at a cost of $150 per person, per year. This program would give me access to reduced rates on cruises and discounts on excursions. It would also give me access to the Diamond lounge. My response was, I'd find another cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I received a survey today from Royal Caribbean asking if I would be willing to join a loyalty program at a cost of $150 per person, per year. This program would give me access to reduced rates on cruises and discounts on excursions. It would also give me access to the Diamond lounge. My response was, I'd find another cruise line.

What a terrible idea. If that were imposed on every C&A member, the crowding in the lounges would disappear.

RCI is putting a price tag on everything.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Oh dear God...what next :rolleyes:

What a terrible idea. If that were imposed on every C&A member, the crowding in the lounges would disappear.

RCI is putting a price tag on everything.

This is an interesting idea and NOT a new idea.

Airlines constantly sell upgrades to first class or business class at a reduced rate.

Hotel chains will sell their status

Airport lounges sell a day pass if you are not a frequent flyer so that you can have access.

When you get a credit card "with travel perks" many give you priority boarding on certain airlines.

And yes. When you buy a suite on a cruise ship, part of what the price is , is your access to the lounge.

Some people are willing to pay for this benefit, others are not...

I think the Pay to play plan is much better then upgrading one tier of status as they are reporting was an option on the UAE cruises..

We have not, they just are hungry for $$$$.

I am Diamond, got the survey also except mine was for $250 a year with some example of savings. Since I already get Diamond lounge access they didn't offer anything else and you would need to take two cruises a year for it to work. While we have done 2 a year a couple of times I don't want to be forced into it. In sort I told them it was a bad idea. As a stockholder I don't mind them making money buy this was a dumb idea.

Did they also mention they'd be highly likely to increase the base price of the cruises by the same % as the discount offered. [emoji849]

Maybe they should just offer people an option to pay a specific $ amount to get a pass in the lounge instead. They'd probably make more money that way. I think NCL has something like that, where they offer a limited # of passes to a secluded lounge area. If RC did that it would be a more believable offer. I wouldn't take it either way though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very discouraging.

This is an interesting idea and NOT a new idea.

Airlines constantly sell upgrades to first class or business class at a reduced rate.

Hotel chains will sell their status

Airport lounges sell a day pass if you are not a frequent flyer so that you can have access.

When you get a credit card "with travel perks" many give you priority boarding on certain airlines.

And yes. When you buy a suite on a cruise ship, part of what the price is , is your access to the lounge.

Some people are willing to pay for this benefit, others are not...

I think the Pay to play plan is much better then upgrading one tier of status as they are reporting was an option on the UAE cruises..

"AN INTERESTING IDEA", give us all a break, please.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"AN INTERESTING IDEA", give us all a break, please.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, I do think it's an interesting idea. ( I did not say it was a good idea)

I have not received the letter and would like to read it. What most of the people in here seem to be focusing on is when the op said "access to the lounge" OH MY GOD NOT MY LOUNGE LOL

what you are not focusing on is the "costco" part of this. You are essentially paying an upfront fee to get discounts on cruises and excursions. Like buying the big coupon book they sell in the states.

I would like to see more information, I assume this fee is an annual fee? if you buy "one" upgrade does it apply to a family of four, or is it one upgrade thing per person..

so yes... While I am not sure it is a good idea, and it does not make sense for me personally, Like the other poster said where you can buy early boarding for carnival. I do think it's an interesting idea.

I dont think it takes any status or perks away from any one else, necessarily. It's just another revenue stream for the cruise line. (yes people , it's a business.)

Yes, I do think it's an interesting idea. ( I did not say it was a good idea)

I have not received the letter and would like to read it. What most of the people in here seem to be focusing on is when the op said "access to the lounge" OH MY GOD NOT MY LOUNGE LOL

what you are not focusing on is the "costco" part of this. You are essentially paying an upfront fee to get discounts on cruises and excursions. Like buying the big coupon book they sell in the states.

I would like to see more information, I assume this fee is an annual fee? if you buy "one" upgrade does it apply to a family of four, or is it one upgrade thing per person..

so yes... While I am not sure it is a good idea, and it does not make sense for me personally, Like the other poster said where you can buy early boarding for carnival. I do think it's an interesting idea.

I dont think it takes any status or perks away from any one else, necessarily. It's just another revenue stream for the cruise line. (yes people , it's a business.)

I've always thought that the true reason for the member fee at Costco, Sam's, etc. was to force you to shop at one or the other since it makes little sense to pay for more than one card.