Eclipse last cruise San Diego? (2019)

whitshel

Hmmmm, does anyone know where the Eclipse will be going once her re-positioning cruise ends in San Diego in 2019? Hawaii? Alaska? Mexico? Aisia?

No way of telling until this time next year, unless =X= releases some information (not very likely) earlier. No one knew Eclipse was going to SA until right before the schedules were announced this month.

We were going to book it onboard but the 2 free perks offered for Concierge don't apply on "Repositioning" cruise. Also instead of $250 OBC it is only $100 - same as a 4 night cruise. I know the cruise fare is cheap but come on Celebrity !!!

We were going to book it onboard but the 2 free perks offered for Concierge don't apply on "Repositioning" cruise. Also instead of $250 OBC it is only $100 - same as a 4 night cruise. I know the cruise fare is cheap but come on Celebrity !!!

It seems to be booking up quickly! I would bet there will be a lot of Elite & Elite+ on this sailing. We put a hold on a suite last night & will shop tge cruise with some TAs today to see what OBC we can get.

I'm curious how one would get from Santiago airport (SCL) to the hotel to the ship. The logistics (for me) are mind-boggling. If my husband and I were to book this, we would use my UAL mileage points to get us to Chile and I'm assuming SCL would be the correct airport. Once in the city, what then?

I'm such a plebe. :rolleyes:

1. Go a few days early. Santiago is a wonderful city, take some time there.

2. Many tour transfer options to Valparaiso with winery tours etc along the way. (Our cruise ended in Chile, we were doing all of this reverse order, but details in Chile are equivalent.)

3. Valpo is a wonderful place to spend time! This is where folks from Santiago and that region go for vacations or long weekends. Spend a couple of days before boarding, walk through the old city, see the murals, go to the museums...

Everything I described can be easily andinexpensively arranged. We worked through Juan Victor Reyes of Perro Tours (and we without hesitation recommend him), but there are many other alternatives.

Oh, and if you also have AA miles, and extra time, use them for a 4-5 day side trip on LAN to Easter Island. Long flights out and back, mind-blowing experiences while there

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

We have been to Santiago, Valpariso, Lima, Costra Rica and 2 of the 3 Mexico ports previously and are booked on the repo. We think they are worth a second visit.

As for safe, not sure anyplace is safe but with normal precautions these are no less safe than Barcelona, NYC, Athens, etc. We normally do independent tours with others from our roll call.

having never visited south america or mexico are the ports for eclipse to San Diego journey decent...I mean are they worth a visit/safe ?

We did this basic itinerary this year (albeit a longer cruise) and have many of the same ports this time.

Only you can make the decision of whether or not they are decent. If you like the Caribbean (especially Eastern) it will be a totally different experience.

We have also booked this cruise since we haven't been to many of the ports before. We love Valparaiso, and look forward to spending some time there. It reminds us of San Francisco - except even more colorful. We also like that the cruise ends in San Diego where we have family, including two adorable grandsons.

Put a hold on a Suite last night; this morning our suite had gone up in price $4k. Quickly paid the deposit on our cruise to keep the price. This is one it will probably pay to book early.

First time I have ever heard of a cruise going up 4K that fast; mine on a different cruise only went up $1,000. Although, you never mentioned the specific category...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm curious how one would get from Santiago airport (SCL) to the hotel to the ship. The logistics (for me) are mind-boggling. If my husband and I were to book this, we would use my UAL mileage points to get us to Chile and I'm assuming SCL would be the correct airport. Once in the city, what then?

I'm such a plebe. :rolleyes:

Just to let you know, I hold you personally responsible. I had not been aware of the Valpo to San Diego itinerary until I noticed your question while browsing the Celebrity section of CC. But I had to look, you and your question made me look. So now, it seems that after our b2b on Eclipse, ending in Buenos Aires in December 2018, we will do a roundtrip flight back home, returning to Buenos Aires to pick up the Eclipse for a b2b going to Valpo and on to San Diego. And I don't even like San Diego all that much! Oh well, it is only money and I have no kids to leave it to...