Global Entry at Port of Miami!

Hlitner

This past Sunday we disembarked the Celebrity Eclipse at the Port of Miami. After we retrieved our luggage, DW noticed an overhead sign (by the entrance to the long immigration line) that said "Global Entry." There was not a single person using that line so we asked a nearby security lady if we could use the line. She said, "no" and then asked us if we both had our Global Entry cards. When we said, "yes" she told us to follow her and led us around the long line right to the front where she put us at a spot that had us the next folks to pass through immigration. This saved us at least a 15 min wait. I should add that we are frequent cruisers and have routinely been at Miami.....but this was the first time we were able to take advantage of Global Entry "Front of the Line" privileges" at Miami.

Hank:)

Discussed for a while on the Florida Departures board...

Not really. the thread is titles Mobile Passport and it wanders back and forth from Mobile Passport to Global entry and unless you read the whole thread, you don't know who is replying to what. And it deals with FLL. EM

To set the record straight, there has been a lot of discussion (on several other boards) about Global Entry privileges being offered at Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale). However, this is the first time we have become aware of priority being granted at the POM (Miami). In fact, a few weeks ago we were on another cruise that ended in Ft Lauderdale and I asked the CBP Agent if they were going to expand Global Entry to other ports (including Miami). He told me there were no immediate plans to do so....which is why we were surprised by our treatment in Miami last Sunday.

As in Port Everglades, there are no special Global Entry kiosks at the POM. Rather it just gets you on a shorter line...or to the front of the line.

Hank

To set the record straight, there has been a lot of discussion (on several other boards) about Global Entry privileges being offered at Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale). However, this is the first time we have become aware of priority being granted at the POM (Miami). In fact, a few weeks ago we were on another cruise that ended in Ft Lauderdale and I asked the CBP Agent if they were going to expand Global Entry to other ports (including Miami). He told me there were no immediate plans to do so....which is why we were surprised by our treatment in Miami last Sunday.

As in Port Everglades, there are no special Global Entry kiosks at the POM. Rather it just gets you on a shorter line...or to the front of the line.

Hank

Thanks Hank! You are one of the people I actually trust for accurate info on CC ;)

I guess there is a good reason, other than using the GE card for my government-issued ID, for carrying that GE card. I like the "secret" line and front-of-the-line privileges.

HI all!

Hlitner ~ thanks for that info. I hope I find that line in October. I've used my NEXUS card twice & am so glad I have one, it really cut down the waiting in line at Toronto airport, both going & coming back.

Hope it helps in FLL & Miami ports too.

~ Jo ~ :)

Edited by retiring soon
had something to add

HI all!

Hlitner ~ thanks for that info. I hope I find that line in October. I've used my NEXUS card twice & am so glad I have one, it really cut down the waiting in line at Toronto airport, both going & coming back.

Hope it helps in FLL & Miami ports too.

~ Jo ~ :)

I do not know if the Nexus card will help at all in Florida. The Nexus card is for US <-> Canada transport. I have gotten conflicting information about whether it is also good for global entry in the rest of the US.

Some people have told me that it works for all Global Entry. Others have said it only works for Us <-> Canada travel.

I do not know if the Nexus card will help at all in Florida. The Nexus card is for US <-> Canada transport. I have gotten conflicting information about whether it is also good for global entry in the rest of the US.

Some people have told me that it works for all Global Entry. Others have said it only works for Us <-> Canada travel.

Well according to the Canadian government when I got my Nexus card, I could just leave my Global Entry card behind that I wouldn't need it any more so I'm guess it will work.

Well according to the Canadian government when I got my Nexus card, I could just leave my Global Entry card behind that I wouldn't need it any more so I'm guess it will work.

When I got my GE card they stated I only needed it when crossing the border by car but every time I'm in Port Everglades if you wish to use the GE line you need to carry the card on you. I keep it with my passport for every trip.

Cruising out of Miami next April and just got a schedule change and my flight leaves 45 mins earlier so would love confirmation from other travelers that GE is in port of Miami for Royal Caribbean pier.

• 3 months later...

Hank

Used GE line at POM yesterday and worked like a charm. They advised me it has been in place for over a year so strange that so many folks are not posting and making it clear that it is there. On a Friday we self disembarked off Navigator of the Sea in Terminal F at about 8:15 am, got to the front of the line, which where already very short, ordered a LYFT for under $20 for three and was at the Miami airport by 8:55 am.