Walking to Harbor shops

h-sar

Anyone have experience with walking from the Regal terminal to the Harbor Mall shops? Specifically, the Ross store. No mobility issues. Just wondering how long it would take. Thank you.

Edited...From Port Everglades

Edited by h-sar

No experience doing that but it is a little less than one mile from terminals one and two. What I don't know is how security into and out of the port area handles pedestrian traffic. Also, unless it has moved, the Ross store is not in the Harbor Shops - it's across 17th Street from the Embassy Suites.

A good ? for the "ports of call" forum, at the port you are asking about.

Might still post it there, but wanted to see if past Regal Princess passengers had any personal experience as the location of the terminal can impact walking distance quite a bit.

It is about .8 miles from Terminal 2 to it's location in Southport Mall, and there is no problem with security. We usually walk out to 17th Street on turnaround day. Generally there is someone on the sidewalk near the booths to check pedestrian traffic entering the port. We have even done it from Terminal 21, but that would not be for everyone.

No experience doing that but it is a little less than one mile from terminals one and two. What I don't know is how security into and out of the port area handles pedestrian traffic. Also, unless it has moved, the Ross store is not in the Harbor Shops - it's across 17th Street from the Embassy Suites.

Yes, correct - across the street. I mistakenly thought it was called the same thing.

Excellent! Just the info I was looking for. Keeping my fingers crossed we're at T2 for the Regal.

My experience is that the Regal is at Terminal 2, twice I have been in Port Everglades when the Royal was also in Port the same day, and both times the Regal got Terminal 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Anyone have experience with walking from the Regal terminal to the Harbor Mall shops? Specifically, the Ross store. No mobility issues. Just wondering how long it would take. Thank you.

Edited...From Port Everglades

No experience walking from Terminal 2 to the Harbor Shops. But my spouse and I stay in FLL quite a bit for vacation at the Hyatt Pier 66. We've walked the bridge quite a few times to that general area. It takes us about a half hour one way. If you're in good health, you can do it just fine. A lot of the crew do it as well.

-Andrew :)

No experience walking from Terminal 2 to the Harbor Shops. But my spouse and I stay in FLL quite a bit for vacation at the Hyatt Pier 66. We've walked the bridge quite a few times to that general area. It takes us about a half hour one way. If you're in good health, you can do it just fine. A lot of the crew do it as well.

-Andrew :)

Just read your entertaining review, Andrew :)

Looking forward to another New Yrs on the Regal!

If you go to ross on a morning when there are lots of ships

in port, you will be stunned at the length of the checkout line.

Additionally, according to someone working on board, you have

to get there early, or everything 'good' is gone.

However her good might be different than your good.

There is also a TJ Maxx across the street, next to Publix.

We walked with all our luggage from Embassy Suites to the Regal and it was a nice walk and good to get "pre-cruise" exercise--LOL! Upon return, we then walked back to Embassy Suites too...again, with all our luggage.

So I think a walk from the ship to Ross or that area without suitcases would be a piece of cake (unless the weather is really inclement).

A leisurely stroll (about 20 min) to Total Wine and More and the Publix to restock on a B2B. No issues with security / re-boarding etc. Would not be a fun walk in the rain. There is a Walgreens much closer that carries wine etc but at a higher cost.

We took a rolling bag for water/soda/wine/cigars and some other personal items from Publix. Filled the bag and then handed it off to the porters and boarded the ship. Magically it appears at your cabin door an hour or so later.

I guess trying to walk directly up SE 20th the back side of the shopping area would not be advised? Restricted access? It looks to be industrial and not pedestrian friendly.

You can only go a little way on the side streets, and then you will be blocked by

the (fenced in) waste water treatment plant; or the fenced port perimeter.

you have to exit to SE 17th Street Causeway to go anywhere.

Also, if the ship is at berth 2, the security checkpoint has moved

further south, so you no longer have to pass through any security

to get to berth 2 / northport garage / convention center.

Edited by pablo222