Another " bringing liquids on board " question

jolgro

I know there were some changes about taking water onboard.

I didn,t pay much attention because we never do that.

What about not drinkable liquids , such as perfume, shampoo ,sunlotion etc.

I always put them in my suitcase when we travel by plane.

But then I put them in my carry on bag .

Is this still possible , or is everything now " on airplane mode"

Don,t want to hand over my Hugo Boss perfume , I asked Santa [emoji319][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know there were some changes about taking water onboard.

I didn,t pay much attention because we never do that.

Don,t want to hand over my Hugo Boss perfume , I asked Santa [emoji319][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is no limitation on liquids, it is on beverages. Of course there is a big difference, so I am not just splitting hairs so to speak.

If you can't consume it then you can bring it on board. You can bring all of your perfume, shampoo ,suntan lotion etc. though I would suggest bring reasonable quantities.

No restrictions on non-beverage liquids that I experienced. Hopefully folks refrain from smuggling alcohol in their perfume/shampoo bottles and it stays that way!

I've read about beverage restrictions and outrageous prices for bottled water on board but, can I bring an empty water bottle in my carry on or would I have to pack it in my luggage. I know, I know. Don't be so cheap and purchase a bottle of water on board, but we are a group and we are all interested in knowing the answer to this. Thanks

I've read about beverage restrictions and outrageous prices for bottled water on board but, can I bring an empty water bottle in my carry on or would I have to pack it in my luggage. I know, I know. Don't be so cheap and purchase a bottle of water on board, but we are a group and we are all interested in knowing the answer to this. Thanks

There's nothing cheap about not wanting to pay NCL's ridiculous bottled water prices! Yes, you can bring an empty bottle--no worries. Pack it wherever you'd like.

Are you kidding? There are always way more posts saying that people who buy bottled water are sheep than those that say people who bring a refillable water bottle are cheap. And that the drinking water on the ship is more pure than whatever "process" is done to your local municipal water at the bottling plant to justify the prices charged :rolleyes:

Edited by fishywood

There's nothing cheap about not wanting to pay NCL's ridiculous bottled water prices! Yes, you can bring an empty bottle--no worries. Pack it wherever you'd like.

If you buy a case of liter bottles, the cost is about $2.50 a bottle. At my favorite 7-11, it's $2.30 a bottle of Aquafina. Considering that it burn fuel carrying tons of bottle water, seems cost comparable. Nowhere as cheap as buying at Costco,,, but similar to what I would pay for the exact same water at a convenience store.

Edited by BirdTravels

We always carry two small water bottles, like the ones they give you on NCL shorex, that is, if the company is a good one!! Carry them on empty, fill the night before and put in the fridge. Then empty them before boarding again after the day off the ship (otherwise you will lose them) and start again. So easy.

If you buy a case of liter bottles, the cost is about $2.50 a bottle. At my favorite 7-11, it's $2.30 a bottle of Aquafina. Considering that it burn fuel carrying tons of bottle water, seems cost comparable. Nowhere as cheap as buying at Costco,,, but similar to what I would pay for the exact same water at a convenience store.

But you are buying them by the case and not as individuals so it really isn't comparable to be honest. Even 7-11, if they sold cases, wouldn't charge you the per bottle price x quantity. This is evident because 7-11 does sell 12 packs of soda and it is far cheaper than buying 12 individual cans (like half as much if not more).

The price they charge for bottled water is very high. Saying so is not some attack on the cruise line (which I know some are very quick to defend), it is just fact. Some other lines manage to still make a profit despite allowing all that "heavy" water to be brought on board or sold for much less.

The funny thing is it has become the mantra that you can't carry water on because of smuggling, but that doesn't pass the logic test because with NCL basically giving free booze to anyone that wants it, no one is even bothering to attempt to smuggle booze on anymore. In fact, NCL should encourage smuggling now as it is less booze they have to give away!

As Jints said, not an apples to apples comparison. Personally, I wouldn't take the Aquafina if they gave it to me for free, so the price is ridiculous to me. I'm not attacking NCL, it's my cruise line of choice these days. I just won't buy their water. :p

But you are buying them by the case and not as individuals so it really isn't comparable to be honest. Even 7-11, if they sold cases, wouldn't charge you the per bottle price x quantity. This is evident because 7-11 does sell 12 packs of soda and it is far cheaper than buying 12 individual cans (like half as much if not more).

The price they charge for bottled water is very high. Saying so is not some attack on the cruise line (which I know some are very quick to defend), it is just fact. Some other lines manage to still make a profit despite allowing all that "heavy" water to be brought on board or sold for much less.

The funny thing is it has become the mantra that you can't carry water on because of smuggling, but that doesn't pass the logic test because with NCL basically giving free booze to anyone that wants it, no one is even bothering to attempt to smuggle booze on anymore. In fact, NCL should encourage smuggling now as it is less booze they have to give away!

There has NEVER been an an assertion that the rules has to do with smuggling, so your post is irrelevant.

There has NEVER been an an assertion that the rules has to do with smuggling, so your post is irrelevant.

Haha, you're pleasant, sorry I thought it possible to have a grown up conversation.

And regardless of the smuggling comment, clearly you realize I was correct about the comparison. Most likely why you became nasty.

You can bring an empty bottle in your carry on. I always do and it is not an issue.

When we were on a celebrity cruise a few years ago and we had their beverage pkg, they provided bottles of water when we went ashore. Seems like Ncl should adopt this practice. As mentioned in a previous post, it's $2.50- not a $10 or $15 alcoholic beverage.

When we were on a celebrity cruise a few years ago and we had their beverage pkg, they provided bottles of water when we went ashore. Seems like Ncl should adopt this practice. As mentioned in a previous post, it's $2.50- not a $10 or $15 alcoholic beverage.

Have you considered that there is a difference in price between Celebrity and NCL? NCL should not adopt a practice of handing out water where 50%+ gets thrown out or abandoned around the terminal.

We were on the Escape recently and had to pay $99.54 per person (just under $200) for the UBP for our drinks for a week.

Was there a desk somewhere on the ship Jintz, that we missed to sign up for free booze?

Edited by AdGuyMG

I beg to differ. Our celebrity cruise was not more $$ than Ncl, as a matter of fact, it was one of the least expensive trips we have ever taken (based on a daily cost). And before you go on about when we booked it vs Ncl, both were booked well in advance! And, I don't remember seeing any water bottles strewn about in the port. I just think it would be a nice gesture for Ncl to adopt. If you have the beverage pkg, a free bottle of water when you go ashore would be welcomed. As a responsible person, I would ensure the empty bottle made it to the garbage.

I beg to differ. Our celebrity cruise was not more $$ than Ncl, as a matter of fact, it was one of the least expensive trips we have ever taken (based on a daily cost). And before you go on about when we booked it vs Ncl, both were booked well in advance! And, I don't remember seeing any water bottles strewn about in the port. I just think it would be a nice gesture for Ncl to adopt. If you have the beverage pkg, a free bottle of water when you go ashore would be welcomed. As a responsible person, I would ensure the empty bottle made it to the garbage.

If you think NCL does not give folks a free bottle of water when they get off the ship because NCL is so concerned about the environmental impact, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in buying.

We were on the Escape recently and had to pay $99.54 per person (just under $200) for the UBP for our drinks for a week.

Was there a desk somewhere on the ship Jintz, that we missed to sign up for free booze?

Did you really think there was a desk for that or was the question typical CC snark?

Does anyone really disagree that there is less motivation for the smugglers now as NCL has made it considerably less expensive to enjoy adult beverages? And the 100 bucks is gratuity because unfortunately many people aren't capable of proper tipping when something is "free". If a restaurant offered a free meal would you not call it free because you had to tip?

In any event, none of this smuggling/booze stuff was the real point so apologies to the OP.

Did you really think there was a desk for that or was the question typical CC snark?

Does anyone really disagree that there is less motivation for the smugglers now as NCL has made it considerably less expensive to enjoy adult beverages? And the 100 bucks is gratuity because unfortunately many people aren't capable of proper tipping when something is "free". If a restaurant offered a free meal would you not call it free because you had to tip?

In any event, none of this smuggling/booze stuff was the real point so apologies to the OP.

And the good news is if you smuggle alcohol onto the ship there is no service charge, unless you want to tip yourself. Not advisable, as tipping yourself creates taxable income for yourself.:D

Yet one more thread hijacked by the bottle water-huggers with the same points, arguments, and anguish. The OP's question was asked and answered. We get it: you can't lug cases of water onboard and your lives are now in shambles. Complete devastation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think this is because of the mention by NCL that the new policy was to reduce the "impact on security" and allow people to board more quickly. It was something like that, but even more vague, and some people thought they were talking about security in the TSA / airport sense where smaller amounts of liquids make it harder to mix up your own bomb on board.

The clarification about "impact on security" turned out to be that NCL security would have to make sure the water being brought on board wasn't vodka or some other clear alcohol, so that could delay boarding as a person was pulled aside, etc. It was then, and is now, a stoooopid excuse for a policy meant to increase revenue by encouraging people to buy expensive water or a brand of soda they don't like. A couple of things about "marketing people" who write these things: they rarely know the product, almost never know the customer base, and are really proud of writing what every rational person in the world recognizes as BS drivel.