Are cabs metered or flat rate from airport to port

KruzAholic

Could anyone tell me if cabs are metered or flat rate from FLL airport to the port? Or should we try and book a shuttle service? Are Ubers allowed into the port? Would hate to be stuck in traffic and watch the meter keep ticking.:eek:

Thanks for any input.

It cost me $13.50 plus tip from fll to dock and vice versa with Lyft ! No problem at all with service and picked us up within 5 min ea way!

Price may vary a bit on cabs since there is a drawbridge in between Port and Airport and there may be waiting time if the bridge opens. It does open quite a bit.

There are over 100 ports around the world and we have no idea if the OP is referring to Miami, Hong Kong, Istanbul, etc. Not jumping on the poster....but trying to urge everyone to please be more specific with questions. But if the OP is referring to FLL to Port Everglades the taxi fare will be approximately $15-$18. Uber and Lyft are generally a little less expensive. Uber and Lyft have worked out their issues with Broward and Dade Counties....so they are now a great option. We just used Uber for a trip from Ft Lauderdale (17th Street) to the Port of Miami and the cost was $33. A taxi would have likely been at least $50..and probably not as clean as the Uber car.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I wish I could report a favorable experience with Uber from the airport in FLL to the hotel. Tried it for the 1st time ever and the driver cancelled when he found out we were at the airport. Maybe it was me but I was reluctant to try Uber again and took a taxi, which was less than favorable also. Oh well, the things you have to deal with when traveling. :D

We used the hotel shuttle to the port and the taxi from the port to the airport was fine. Best $10 I ever spent was for the porter at the port; through the Global Entry Line and into a taxi in 5 minuets.

Price may vary a bit on cabs since there is a drawbridge in between Port and Airport and there may be waiting time if the bridge opens. It does open quite a bit.

Really? We've been on a lot of cruises out of Port Everglades, but I don't ever remember a drawbridge. I also don't see any on the map for the direct route to the airport. Perhaps your driver was avoiding construction or maybe you were just being taken for a ride. :confused::confused::confused:

Could anyone tell me if cabs are metered or flat rate from FLL airport to the port? Or should we try and book a shuttle service? Are Ubers allowed into the port? Would hate to be stuck in traffic and watch the meter keep ticking.:eek:

Thanks for any input.

It's a meter.

Thanks for any input.

Yes, cabs are metered. But we often use Uber.

There are over 100 ports around the world and we have no idea if the OP is referring to Miami, Hong Kong, Istanbul, etc.

Seems clear to me

Thanks for any input.