Options for checking into flight while on board

71Corvette

I'll be cruising as part of a group of 8 in February and we'll all be flying Southwest to get home. Because Southwest doesn't offer seat assignments it's important that we check in as early as possible so we have a better chance of all sitting together.

I'm curious to hear what our options are for checking in while on board the s hip (our last day is at sea). We don't plan to buy an internet package but I suppose we could buy the cheapest one available so we can check into our flight and get boarding passes.

Do the Emerald C&A books offer any coupons for internet? Other thoughts?

I'll be cruising as part of a group of 8 in February and we'll all be flying Southwest to get home. Because Southwest doesn't offer seat assignments it's important that we check in as early as possible so we have a better chance of all sitting together.

I'm curious to hear what our options are for checking in while on board the s hip (our last day is at sea). We don't plan to buy an internet package but I suppose we could buy the cheapest one available so we can check into our flight and get boarding passes.

Do the Emerald C&A books offer any coupons for internet? Other thoughts?

Best option is to buy Southwest's Early Bird, which checks you in automatically.

I believe Emerald gets a 15% discount on internet plans.

Yep. It's the easiest. No worrying about getting to a computer at the right moment, automatically at the front of line, behind mobility impaired and strollers.

.......and all of the other people who have paid for Early Bird check-in. :rolleyes:

Bob, since i never get the internet I always have a problem checking into our airline at the end of a cruise. Is there a service being D that one could do their airline check in.

Gay

I would ask the Diamond Concierge about that. I know the Suite Concierge provides a flight check-in service for their guests, and maybe the Diamond Concierge does the same.

I'd still go for the Early Bird, because you don't know that the Concierge is going to be able to check you in close to the 24 hour mark.

.......and all of the other people who have paid for Early Bird check-in. :rolleyes:

Which is becoming more and more popular I presume. I've always been able to get in the A line by checking in right at the 24 hour point but the last couple of flights got the B line.

Which is becoming more and more popular I presume. I've always been able to get in the A line by checking in right at the 24 hour point but the last couple of flights got the B line.

Early bird is an option but with 8 people the cost adds up pretty quickly. I could probably buy an internet package for the entire week for less. :D

I don't mind being in group B, but would definitely want to avoid group C.

I was on the Explorer this past October and I was able to buy Internet access for one hour for something like $8.95 on the last day enabling me to check in with Air Canada and print my boarding pass. The check in and printing of the Boarding Pass took all of about 5 minutes of the 60 minutes Internet time. So you could easily do 8 people in the 60 minutes. Check with Guest Services while on board to see if this is available on your sailing.

Edited by Tinkerbellcgy

I had the same concern last month on the Adventure. I am AA gold and am able to upgrade to exit row for no charge 24 hours out. The ship offered a 24 hour plan for under $20. There was also a one hour option but for the extra $10 I went with the full 24 option. That should ease your worries.

Yep. It's the easiest. No worrying about getting to a computer at the right moment, automatically at the front of line, behind mobility impaired and strollers.

actually I am gonna say not so fast.

I have tried that before.. and ended up mid B group. yet when I check in myself I can pretty much guarantee A group. sometimes I even get A15-30( the best you can hope for without springing for business class, which I often do for certain flights)

technically, the front is A1-15, as I said, Business class or whatever its called where you pay an even larger premium /fee to be guaranteed one of the first 15 numbers. strollers do not fall under mobility impaired, either. first its MI/Handicapped/WCs, then A group THEN families with small children/strollers, then B group.

last time we did this on board a ship, we just spend the $5 for per minute access. got A 30 and 31. from what I understand though, per minute options are no longer offered. what about the 24 hour package?

Bob, since i never get the internet I always have a problem checking into our airline at the end of a cruise. Is there a service being D that one could do their airline check in.

Gay

you can ask the concierge nicely. some will let you check in on their desk computer and will even let you print out the boarding pass. in fact a couple of prior ships there was one or two computers in the lounge for exactly that purpose. IIRC it was set unto ONLY access airline sites( although TBH I am not positive, or if even all were allowed, it might be just the ones that offer the valet service thingy where it is picked up from outside your cabin the last night and you don't see it again until your destination)

Gay

As D you get 24 hours of free internet. That's what we use. If you do not want to use your phone for it, perhaps letting someone else on board use your internet freebee and help sign you in.

I saw some mention of a short period of Internet offered on the last day of our recent adventure sailing.

Early bird is $15 each way per person. It's probably true you could get a one device plan the whole week for less, but you won't end up in front of those with early bird.

Flight to San Juan at 24 hours we got early B. From San Juan I was a bit late and we got middle B. Fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

actually I am gonna say not so fast.

I have tried that before.. and ended up mid B group. yet when I check in myself I can pretty much guarantee A group. sometimes I even get A15-30( the best you can hope for without springing for business class, which I often do for certain flights)

technically, the front is A1-15, as I said, Business class or whatever its called where you pay an even larger premium /fee to be guaranteed one of the first 15 numbers. strollers do not fall under mobility impaired, either. first its MI/Handicapped/WCs, then A group THEN families with small children/strollers, then B group.

last time we did this on board a ship, we just spend the $5 for per minute access. got A 30 and 31. from what I understand though, per minute options are no longer offered. what about the 24 hour package?

I've had that happen too. But you're comparing 2 different flights to each other. It's impossible to check yourself in and end up with a better number than someone who used EBCI. Early Bird check in is done 12 hours before people are able to check themselves in.

Edited by dcgrumpy

Early bird is an option but with 8 people the cost adds up pretty quickly. I could probably buy an internet package for the entire week for less. :D

I don't mind being in group B, but would definitely want to avoid group C.

I just did this on our B2B Harmony cruise. I had the laptop set up in the room, left my wife at the Wonderland Bar, went to the room at 7:33 and checked in for our 7:35 pm Southwest flight, got row A, went back to the Wonderland Bar at 7:38 and continued drinking.:D

All this for a 38 minute flight to Tampa.;)

71CorvetteLS5Convertible.

Edited by slk230red

I know this would be too much last minute for your group of 8 but for others... On our last cruise out of FTL, the morning we arrived in port, I sat in the windjammer and chose a seat on the same side as the terminal, and was able to use the free terminal internet access to do our online check-in. Our flights out were only late afternoon and had no problems checking in. Only took a few minutes while I had breakfast.

dp

We were on Serenade in November, I purchased 24 hour internet to book into our uk flight. Used the ships computers, booked our seats and printed the boarding passes, there were four of us. cannot recall the cost but with the C&A discount not much.

..........sometimes I even get A15-30( the best you can hope for without springing for business class, which I often do for certain flights)

Like everything else, Must depend on the airport.

Edited by SadieN