Quality of food on Royal Caribbean

I was on Liberty last week and thought the main dining room food was good (not great, but good) and I was stuffed every night. There were definitely places for improvement, like the baked goods at breakfast were all very dry and bland. Blueberry muffins usually only had one or two blueberries in them and very dry. Those things they pass off as donuts were a joke. I know it's hard to feed that many people, but really. Sorrentos pizza was absolutely awful, IMHO. If you want cruise food the way it once was, then I suggest paying a bit extra and eating at the specialty restaurants. They have several dining package that bring the cost down to reasonable. We did not pay for the optional dining options, because we have three kids and main dining room is just easier for us at this time. Someday when it's just my husband and I we will dine at the specialty restaurants.

We cruise with our sons so the specialty restaurants are out of the question. I agree about the pizza. The first bite I took made me make a weird face. Is it the cheese that causes the slimy texture? It feels and tastes like cream. Hubby and my 11 yr old son don't mind it.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Mmm can't wait only 45 more days until I can eat all that "icky" cruise food. I don't have to cook, serve or clean up...I think that makes it taste better to me. Luckily we don't have 5 star pallets so we've never been all that disappointed . It has gone down at least the service part of it since I started cruising 11 yrs ago. But I'm still so happy to be on a cruise I think my tastes buds just go happily blind ! I prefer windjammer for breakfast because I like the oatmeal station ( I'm not really a fan of breakfast foods) my daughter is on a diet so she can eat biscuts and gravy for breakfast on the cruise lol. It's the little things that make us happy 🍲. We just go in with the attitude that we'll make the best of it even if the WOW factor isn't all there . I cook 7 nights a week so MDR and Windjammer ...Bring it on!!!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Yes, all food on RCL is of less quality, variety, presentation than in the past - the last 5 years has seen the largest decline.

Same at Celebrity where the food quality decline is much more apparent. After many years of providing a premium (of the mass lines) food experience, the Celebrity food decline is shocking. Many comments on the CC Celebrity site. Celebrity's deliberate use of "mystery" meat and delivering a dish that does not closely match the description are recent sorry trends on that line.

On both lines, in the past, we refuse to patronize additional charge as we will not participate in the corporations deliberate strategy to downgrade the MDR.

An example - on Celebrity they replaced 10% real cream on the room service trays with a most disgusting edible (??) oil product. Seriously, modern luxury? That was our last cruise on Celebrity.

Food quality decline on RCL held lines is very visible and together with service reductions means our household will not book either RCL or Celebrity in the future.

I agree the food quality and choice seems less than 5 years ago.

The money seems to be spent on new ships and upgrading older ship's.

The planned promenade balconies on Independence in March 2018 are an indication of wanting more money per cabin.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Promenade balconies?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The most telling thing about the decline in the MDR food is the fact that they're offering 5 nights specialty dining for $105 or 7 nights for $168. So roughly $20-$25 more per day. (Isn't the MDR steak upcharge more than that?) Personally I'd prefer they increase my fare the $168 and bring the MDR food quality up to specialty quality.

The most telling thing about the decline in the MDR food is the fact that they're offering 5 nights specialty dining for $105 or 7 nights for $168. So roughly $20-$25 more per day. (Isn't the MDR steak upcharge more than that?) Personally I'd prefer they increase my fare the $168 and bring the MDR food quality up to specialty quality.

Agree 100%

When docked after my last cruise they had 20 ambulances waiting to take people to the hospital that were suffering from malnutrition having not ate in the past 7 days. We had to wait two hour before we could disembark because they had a line of stretchers taking the severely sick passengers off the ship! ;)

When docked after my last cruise they had 20 ambulances waiting to take people to the hospital that were suffering from malnutrition having not ate in the past 7 days.

Are you sure some of those were not for folks who ate too much?

They could have done that to Oasis and Allure when the put cabins at old DL. Where will they go on a Freedom ship?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I was told they were going to be inside on the Royal Promenade on Independence when i booked our hump balcony for May 2018.

I was told they were going to be inside on the Royal Promenade on Independence when i booked our hump balcony for May 2018.

I think there must have been some misunderstanding there.

Biker who is waiting for someone to Photshop a balcony onto a PR room to show how ridiculous that would be.

Biker who is waiting for someone to Photshop a balcony onto a PR room to show how ridiculous that would be.

Just what i was told yesterday when i booked a hump balcony for May 2018 so i look forward to seeing it myself.

They would have been so cool on the Oasis. What a view.