Has anyone ever had a TA tell them this?

So I emailed my TA when the last sale was on, asking if they could do a price check for me, trying to save a little dinero. They came back with the answer that since there is only one cabin in this category on the Allure, that there was no way to know if there was a price reduction. Seemed odd to me. Does anyone have any experience with this? TYIA for any information.

I've gotten a price reduction when there were no available cabins in my category, we were in a standard interior (which were sold out at this point) and the large interior was even cheaper. When I called Royal I was told that even without any available cabins in a category, they keep updated price lists in case a cabin is cancelled. I stayed in my existing cabin and got a price drop I couldn't see online. Might be the kind of thing that Royal has to be called for, and your TA didn't want to spend the time on the phone if they can usually check online.

If there is 1 cabin available in your current category you can do a "price check" yourself on the Royal Caribbean site...if the price online shows less than what you paid call your TA & request a price drop...

So I emailed my TA when the last sale was on, asking if they could do a price check for me, trying to save a little dinero. They came back with the answer that since there is only one cabin in this category on the Allure, that there was no way to know if there was a price reduction. Seemed odd to me. Does anyone have any experience with this? TYIA for any information.

What category? Do they mean 1 cabin LEFT or just 1 cabin total in that category? If there is 1 cabin left in your category and you can price it online and the price is less than you are paying you should be able to have your price adjusted

Edited by molly361

What category? Do they mean 1 cabin LEFT or just 1 cabin total in that category? If there is 1 cabin left in your category and you can price it online and the price is less than you are paying you should be able to have your price adjusted

What if your cabin is the only cabin in that category? Can you still call and see if the current sale helps?

What if your cabin is the only cabin in that category? Can you still call and see if the current sale helps?

Yes...you don't even need to call...just do a mock booking online...if the price is lower than you paid then you can call for an adjustment...as long as you aren't past final payment...

You can't do a mock booking for a cabin category that is not available.

You are right...I misread their post ...thought they were asking if there were ONE cabin left....not just theirs..

Edited by kc320

You didn't state what cabin category you booked ? Therefore it you have booked the Grand Loft Suite Balcony, the Owners Suite Loft Balcony or the Royal Loft Suite Balcony than what your TA replied would be correct as there are only one cabin in each a those categories.

If any other category suggest you check on RCCL's website for price reductions provided that category isn't completely sold out. There are times that a TA will reply that there's no reduction as any reduction in price generally reduces their commission from RCCL particularly. This is more likely to happen if you don't have a long standing relationship with that TA.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Yes...you don't even need to call...just do a mock booking online...if the price is lower than you paid then you can call for an adjustment...as long as you aren't past final payment...

I believe their TA would do have to do this for them.....don't believe the cruiseline will discuss anything with them.

I believe their TA would do have to do this for them.....don't believe the cruiseline will discuss anything with them.

Sorry...guess I should have clarified....they need to call who ever they booked with...I was mainly pointing out they don't need to "call" to see if the price of the cruise has gone down...they can do that online...

You didn't state what cabin category you booked ? Therefore it you have booked the Grand Loft Suite Balcony, the Owners Suite Loft Balcony or the Royal Loft Suite Balcony than what your TA replied would be correct as there are only one cabin in each a those categories.

If any other category suggest you check on RCCL's website for price reductions provided that category isn't completely sold out. There are times that a TA will reply that there's no reduction as any reduction in price generally reduces their commission from RCCL particularly. This is more likely to happen if you don't have a long standing relationship with that TA.

And if the TA says that, the OP should cancel the booking and book elsewhere. And report the TA to RCI as well as the local BBB, assuming that there actually was a price drop.

OP, there's no way to check for a price drop for a unique cabin - if you already have it booked, then it will only offer a waitlist at the "standard" (no promotions like 1-2 free attached) rate, or it will show as unavailable.

So do I understand correctly that Royal Caribbean will allow you to change or upgrade with them when you still have a TA? Right now, I've got a situation where I booked both a room for my family and my parents. My parents though are on 7th floor and we are on 11. I now see after the PIF a bunch of large interior rooms (same type of room but category is different apparently due to the floor). I called Royal and asked what it would cost to move them to the room across the hall from us. Royal said they couldn't talk to me about it and I needed to call my TA. My TA tells me that it would be $500+ (basically the same price as cancelling and rebooking at the current rate minus any cancellation fee). I had really hoped that Royal might be willing to talk with me on it and take a reasonable amount for the location change. Anyone ever have luck doing something like this?

So do I understand correctly that Royal Caribbean will allow you to change or upgrade with them when you still have a TA? Right now, I've got a situation where I booked both a room for my family and my parents. My parents though are on 7th floor and we are on 11. I now see after the PIF a bunch of large interior rooms (same type of room but category is different apparently due to the floor). I called Royal and asked what it would cost to move them to the room across the hall from us. Royal said they couldn't talk to me about it and I needed to call my TA. My TA tells me that it would be $500+ (basically the same price as cancelling and rebooking at the current rate minus any cancellation fee). I had really hoped that Royal might be willing to talk with me on it and take a reasonable amount for the location change. Anyone ever have luck doing something like this?

RC will allow you to change or upgrade even when you are using a TA.

However, if you are changing categories, your cruise will be re-priced to current pricing. The only way to change without re-pricing is to move within the same exact category.

RC will allow you to change or upgrade even when you are using a TA.

However, if you are changing categories, your cruise will be re-priced to current pricing. The only way to change without re-pricing is to move within the same exact category.

Right, you can change or upgrade but you have to go through the TA, unless things have changed. That's the main reason why I stopped booking through TA's, Royal won't talk to you about your reservation, everything has to go through the TA.

Right, you can change or upgrade but you have to go through the TA, unless things have changed. That's the main reason why I stopped booking through TA's, Royal won't talk to you about your reservation, everything has to go through the TA.

Thanks for the follow up. Unfortunately, even though the room size is identical, it does appear that they consider the Large Interior Room a Category N on the 7th floor and a Category L on the 11th floor. At this point, that unfortunately means it would reprice their cruise for $500+ more ($1,800 --> $2,300). I was hoping after the PIF date passed and now with a lot more rooms available on the 11th floor that the prices might become more reasonable. Doesn't seem like that is going to be the case unfortunately :(