OBC promo?

LadyBerard

Hi, I'm currently booked for the Dawn in an IE sailing in Sept. to Bermuda. I saw that NCL is currently offering OBC. Is this promo for new bookings or can I get it applied to my current reservation?

You can get it applied to your current booking, so long as fares haven't gone up and promos remain the same. I called yesterday and got it added for an upcoming cruise.

The friendly (and random) PCC I spoke with applied it to three rooms for me, and then confirmed it wasn't worthwhile to add to another booking due to a fare increase.

Your TA should be able to ask for the same.

Insides get $50 OBC, I believe.

I called to get it applied to my booking. Is there any place online that I should be able to see if it was applied? Thanks!

On the non-mobile Ncl site, it's viewable on your booking's Vacation Summary page under Onboard Packages and Gifts / Included Items. "Free $x USD On-Board Credit Certificate Non-Refundable".

Edited by TheDougOut

I was just shot down for having it added, as I am within the cancellation window, and they cannot do it. That is what I was told. I am 82 days out, and it would have been 140 dollars for us (I can book it right now with exactly what I have a few cabins down with the credit).

Not to happy....

On the non-mobile Ncl site, it's viewable on your booking's Vacation Summary page under Onboard Packages and Gifts / Included Items. "Free $x USD On-Board Credit Certificate Non-Refundable".

Ok, that is where I am looking and it is currently not showing. I will look again tomorrow and if not there I will call back.

I emailed my TA to have the OBC applied to my booking, and she emailed me back and said she called NCL and was advised it was for new bookings only.

you need a better ta then that. you can get the obc if you push hard enough. worse to worse, your ta has to cancel your booking and rebook you

You can get it applied to your current booking, so long as fares haven't gone up and promos remain the same.

I should have added "...and you're outside of final payment." My original response was specific to the OP's booking, which is well outside of final payment.

Are Spa minisuites not above large balcony?

You know, they may be....I know I pay a premium to get the large balcony, but not sure if the spa mini is more or the same. I like the extra morning balcony space more then the spa of course (everyone has their thing).

I called and tried to add the $100 OBC to our existing reservation and was shot down. My cabin category is sold out already for a Feb 2018 trip and I was told it wasn't possible to amend our reservation due to that reason. Oh well, I notified the couple we are traveling with and at least they were able to take advantage of the $100 OBC since their category was still open :)

The good news is I'm going a cruise!:D

I also requested the $140 onboard credit, and was denied since we paid the final payment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruise in March and have made the final payment. I called today and asked if there was anything they could do since the fare had dropped slightly and there was the new OBC promo.

The NCL pcc said we could upgrade or get 25 per cent of the fare difference back in OBC.

Since we have an angled balcony, I did not want an upgrade so I took the OBC which was $45. It's not much but still a nice gesture since they don't have to give anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, I'm currently booked for the Dawn in an IE sailing in Sept. to Bermuda. I saw that NCL is currently offering OBC. Is this promo for new bookings or can I get it applied to my current reservation?

My cruise is next August, I called twice and both reps told me it was for new bookings only, however some people are getting it so I guess its a crap shoot, just depends on who answers.

My May cruise is a destination wedding so we are working with a group sales consultant. We are in a spa balcony. The spa mini suite was quite a bit more when we booked it. Now the price on the mini suite has come down a bit and with the OBC it's not much of a difference. When I called to inquire about upgrading it the rep made it sound like I was canceling the whole reservation and starting over. I would lose the double points for booking over 9 months and lose a night of dining since it has gone from 4 to 3 since I booked. Does this sound correct?

I booked the dawn 14 night Caribbean out of Boston for October 2018 2 weeks ago using the $50 pp down payment promo. If I call to get the $100 obc will I loose the deposit promo and have to pay the extra $700 deposit to hold the cabin?

I booked the dawn 14 night Caribbean out of Boston for October 2018 2 weeks ago using the $50 pp down payment promo. If I call to get the $100 obc will I loose the deposit promo and have to pay the extra $700 deposit to hold the cabin?

Nope - I booked under the same deposit promo and paid no additional deposit when I called to get the OBC.

Nope - I booked under the same deposit promo and paid no additional deposit when I called to get the OBC.

Thanks Dougout I will call tomorrow. This cruise is much more expensive than other cruises I have taken but the fact that it leaves and comes back to Boston, great itinerary and that it is 14 nights made me unable to resist. The $100 obc will help.