Diamond Cocktail hour question

We will be on the Allure of the Sea in a few weeks and my understanding is that due to overcrowding at the lounge, the drinks that you would normally enjoy during the 'happy hour' are now put on your sea pass for use at any of the ships bars. I have a couple questions. First, is this true?

How many drinks per night?

Is there a specific time that they are available?

And does it include all bars?

What about in the dining room or at a show since those times may overlap?

I am still seeing a diamond lounge on the deck plan. Is that just used for breakfast?

Thanks for you help

We will be on the Allure of the Sea in a few weeks and my understanding is that due to overcrowding at the lounge, the drinks that you would normally enjoy during the 'happy hour' are now put on your sea pass for use at any of the ships bars. I have a couple questions. First, is this true?

I am still seeing a diamond lounge on the deck plan. Is that just used for breakfast?

Thanks for you help

You will get 3 drink vouchers per evening, to be used in addition to the unlimited drinks you can still get in the DL. The drinks can be used at virtually all bars (might be one or two where they are not allowed), during the time period when drinks are served in the DL. Drink vouchers cannot be used in restaurants, but they can be used in the main theater.

The DL is still used just as it always has been.

Edited by clarea

thanks everyone, do you remember what the hours are that you can use the vouchers?..the hours that the lounge is open?

Yes, same hours that the lounge serves drinks.

This will all be detailed in a letter you should have in your stateroom.

Do you remember what the times are? I am trying to make show and dinner reservations, and would like to be available to use at least a few of the vouchers. Thanks

Times can vary, I've seen 5pm to 8:30pm, 4:30pm to 8pm, and 5pm to 8pm.

Do you remember what the times are? I am trying to make show and dinner reservations, and would like to be available to use at least a few of the vouchers. Thanks
IME the Happy Hours (both in the DL and on D e-vouchers have been the 3.5 hours before the commencement of Late Traditional Dining, so HH starting at 5pm until 8:30 Late Dining or 4:30 until 8pm Late Dining. I'm just reporting what I've seen; I know better than to bet against what Bob says:p

IME the Happy Hours (both in the DL and on D e-vouchers have been the 3.5 hours before the commencement of Late Traditional Dining, so HH starting at 5pm until 8:30 Late Dining or 4:30 until 8pm Late Dining. I'm just reporting what I've seen; I know better than to bet against what Bob says:p

I don't know if it's just a Brilliance thing, but on our cruise a few weeks ago, they told us the happy hour was being reduced to 3 hours. On that cruise it was 5pm to 8pm.

Makes two of us.....

Just ASK BOB.

Thanks for you help

When is your dining time? I found on Oasis when the lounge opened at 5pm it was packed, but a bunch of people left at 5:30 for the early seating. We just started arriving then and found to be enough room for us.

When is your dining time? I found on Oasis when the lounge opened at 5pm it was packed, but a bunch of people left at 5:30 for the early seating. We just started arriving then and found to be enough room for us.

We have anytime dinning. booked the shows and then dinner around them.

the drinks from the diamond lounge do you have to consume it inside the lounge or can you take it out ?

Thanks

They don't seem to care much anymore if you bring drinks out of the lounge.

They don't seem to care much anymore if you bring drinks out of the lounge.

On Dec. Oasis they allowed us to take glass of wine with us to dinner. We also got wine at Vintages and took it to dinner.

Grace

I hope that cruisers know the bartenders who serve in the Diamond lounge or when you use your preloaded card do not make tips on these drinks. So cash tips when you are served are appreciated. OntarioCruiser

We have always found that the bartenders in the lounges soon learn when you are likely to go to dinner and ask you if you would like another drink before you leave (to carry out).

We always tip them well on the last evening. Once in the windjammer for a quick breakfast before disembarking our bartender was working and came bounding up to say good bye and hope to see you again :) Another time our bartender (jamaican) gave my DH a very cool soundbite to play on his radio program :)