Wanting to hear good things about Vista.

saraet4464

I have never sailed on Carnival before. My last eight cruises have been on Royal Caribbean. The last few RC cruises we met a number of people who have sailed on both Carnival and NCL and they all shared that they liked all three of the lines and made their plans based on prices and ships. So, my husband and I decided to try) different lines. Our first venture from RC will be on the Carnival Vista in March 2018. I chose this one due to the Cruise Critics "Best New Ship 2016" award and because of the on board activities (Skyride and ropes course). -I o

We are now booked on a non-refundable cruise and I am getting a little concerned due to the recent increase of poor reviews. Personally, I feel a lot of reviews tend to be nit-picky and my husband and I are pretty easy going cruisers. But there are some eerily similar complaints.

To me, just getting away and having someone cook and clean-up after me is my ultimate goal and I would cruise twice a year if my husband would take more time off from work, but he won't. :( But I am still a little concerned. Although, maybe some of these problems will be corrected by Carnival by 2018.

So, I would love to read more positive reviews. We are in an outside cabin, 2222, so if anyone has experience with this or similar cabins, it would also be nice to hear something good.

Edited by saraet4464

Lesson; some people in life are just unhappy and cannot be pleased. I work with the general public and have a few hundred clients in my business.

In life, find people who are positive, that enjoy life, have great experiences and can manage the good times and the bad.

I find it hard to believe a successful company that rolls out >$700M ships wants to create and deliver poor experiences.

In life, what you focus on magnifies.

I am booked on two upcoming Vista cruises, 7 months apart. I've cruised on Carnival 3 times and other ships a few times. I'll wind up spending over $9k on Carnival vacations in the coming two years.

Book your cruise(s) and enjoy them. Make the best of every day you have and live life to its fullest.

And ignore the naysayers. They wouldn't know or understand happiness if it hit them like a ton of bricks.

We cruised on the Sunshine last year. The entire time leading up to it I saw nothing but bad reviews about how crowded it was, how bad the service was, and things like that. All the same complaints you hear about the Vista. It ended up being our second favorite ship we've been on! The point is ignore the reviews. You'll have a great time. Of the thousands and thousands of people who sail on it weekly, only a very few care enough to go post something at all, let alone something negative. The huge number of happy people don't go posting threads about it.

We have elementary school aged children so we are looking for a different experience than if it were 2 adults. But I found that our experience on RC and Disney were more alike than different, for more money. I have no issue cruising other lines but in addition to keeping the kids entertained, the itineraries are better, more offerings from easy to get to ports, I think the food and service are just as good. And I can't wait to get on the Vista in 83 days!!! It will be great. Have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Vista will be my 18th cruise (on all different lines), 4th Carnival cruise. I will give a clear review from a cruiser who has enjoyed every one of my cruises for different reasons, when I return in early Feb. We have a Havana Cabana, and I'm sure will enjoy it immensely, but have another couple of friends who are traveling with us that are non-havana, so we probably won't use the Havana pool area all that much. Plus we have four ports (which is the highlight of cruising to me).

I too have "freaked out" a bit on bad reviews before some cruises (my last one was last April on NCL Star - terrible reviews of lines due to free drinks pacakges) and they have all been unfounded. Literally NOTHING that the reviewers had written about were on our ship, so I take all reviews with a grain of salt.

I just sailed on the Vista in November for the re-positioning cruise. I had a great time, the food was good and I had no issues at all. I personally do not understand all the negative reviews I see on here. I think some people have unrealistic expectations, or maybe I am just easy to please. I would not hesitate to book another Vista cruise.

We sailed the Vista in Europe and really enjoyed the ship. In fact so much that we booked again for this December and are taking several family members with us. I would take the reviews with a grain of salt and go enjoy your cruise.

If you go read the Member review section, there are also good, positive reviews.

I was on the Vista for 33 days this past Oct. and had a great time. The things the people complain about, may not be an issue for others. Is it a perfect ship, of course not. But having sailed on most of the mass market lines, there are always going to be things that we may not care for. Some may voice those imperfections and some just shrug them off. I have never found a big enough issue on any line or ship that would keep me from going back.

I would sail the Vista again in a heartbeat.

We have sailed on most cruise lines, but usually Carnival for our Platinum perks or Celebrity because it is a favorite. If you like RCCL, you will most likely be comfortable on the Vista, it is BIG! Loved the Cinemax, the Skyride, the Slides, all of the venues on Deck 5, the BBQ on Sea Days, the area on the outside of the Red Frog Pub, the Cruise Director, the Shows and the Havana Lounge/Bar. Did not care for the layout of the main "show room" and the comedy lounge was too small for that many people.

Enjoy the cruise, any cruise is what you make it, so just go determined to have a great time!

don't sail on the vista over a holiday . unless you like standing in lines for everything. the IMAX is great .

Not a unique problem to the Vista. All ships are packed around Holidays and you will be waiting in lines.

I will be on Vista on the 22nd and i won't care that there are no glass elevators or that the atrium is only three stories high. I am looking forward to a great time and am sure it will be. It's a new year and some people should try looking at the glass as being " half full " instead of " half empty. :)

Thank you everyone. I am feeling better. My husband also mentioned that most people who post, post to complain and there are probably many, many more who are very happy.

I always have a blast on my cruises. Sometimes I am up late at night dancing and other times I am asleep by 9:00 pm. It doesn't matter, I enjoy it. I guess it is good to read the complaints so we know to get in line for the comedy clubs early and if we want to try the Mongolian Barbecue we need to be in line by 11:30 am.

As for the food, I am so not a foodie. I like food, but I am not as picky as some. For the most part, if I don't have onions I am happy. :)

Thank you again and I so wish I was cruising this year, but we don't have enough spare time to. :(

We did the transatlantic. Liked the food, staff, shows (that we could see) rooms and the ship in general.

Didn't like the theater----too many posts blocking views, too few seats and the main floor seats are on a flat floor with "folding chair" seats. Yes---this allows carnival to move the seats after the show and set up a night club, saving an extra room----but it's a very poor way to view the shows. If you're going to a show arrive VERY early.

We are sailing on the Vista in 8 days. It sounds like you are happy go lucky people and make the best of your vacations easy come easy go. That's the best attitude to have.

This upcoming cruise will be my 10th cruise. 5th on Carnival. My second cruise was on Carnival and while I don't remember much of it, I had fun, I think. lol

Then we went on to sail with Celebrity, Royal and Disney. After years of sailing on other lines we decided to try Carnival again, after always hearing the negative. We love Carnival (so cost efficient with 4 people) and our past 4 cruises are Carnival!

We are also pretty much, 'we are on vacation in the sun and sand and away from work, what else could go wrong' type of people. Take it as you go.

Almost 2 years ago, we went on the Breeze, and we had an absolutely fantastic time. Loved it so much that we booked the Vista shortly after returning from the Breeze. The Vista at this point was still being built and had zero reviews. But we loved all the different options that the cruise ship is bringing to us, especially for the kids. We are also going on this ship with several families and their kids.

So we've had this upcoming cruise (Vista) booked for a year and a half. However, not wanting to wait so long in between, we decided on booking the Magic in April, again, we had a fantastic time.

And then we got a fantastic deal 10 days before sailing on the Ecstasy that we couldn't pass up and went on that ship this past August. We have good friends who specifically went on the Ecstasy and hated it. So we were like 'oh oh'.

We were on it and absolutely loved the Ecstasy!!! We mostly travel with our kids, now 11 and 13 and they also loved the Ecstasy.

You make your vacations to what you want. If people based everything on another persons experience, you wouldn't be experiencing anything.

I take 'most' reviews on anything with a grain of salt. Sounds like you will have a fantastic time on the Vista, with your easy go lucky attitude and that's awesome!!! Enjoy!!

For us we have 8 days until sailing and this will be my kids 5th cruise (at the tender age of 11 & 13!!), my 10th and my husbands 8th cruise! :)

I have never sailed on Carnival before. My last eight cruises have been on Royal Caribbean. The last few RC cruises we met a number of people who have sailed on both Carnival and NCL and they all shared that they liked all three of the lines and made their plans based on prices and ships. So, my husband and I decided to try) different lines. Our first venture from RC will be on the Carnival Vista in March 2018. I chose this one due to the Cruise Critics "Best New Ship 2016" award and because of the on board activities (Skyride and ropes course). -I o

We are now booked on a non-refundable cruise and I am getting a little concerned due to the recent increase of poor reviews. Personally, I feel a lot of reviews tend to be nit-picky and my husband and I are pretty easy going cruisers. But there are some eerily similar complaints.

To me, just getting away and having someone cook and clean-up after me is my ultimate goal and I would cruise twice a year if my husband would take more time off from work, but he won't. :( But I am still a little concerned. Although, maybe some of these problems will be corrected by Carnival by 2018.

So, I would love to read more positive reviews. We are in an outside cabin, 2222, so if anyone has experience with this or similar cabins, it would also be nice to hear something good.

reviews are not good at all.

reviews are not good at all.

But the ones here are good. Our July cruise on the Vista was our best cruise ever. We loved the ship...try it you may like it.... I realize you are almost always negative here about Carnival, but I especially think you should sail on the Vista.

OP, you may read positive reviews and you may read negative, the truth is in the pudding. Nothing is perfect in life or cruising. The Vista, the crew are traditional cruising with new twists. Try it and let us know your thoughts when you return.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You must have really taken advantage of Cheers!

LOL! I don't get the Cheers package. On the last 2 Med legs (10 days each) it wasn't offered. I do love the Alchemy bar, but usually only have 1-2 drinks a night there, so not worth it for me.

LOL! I don't get the Cheers package. On the last 2 Med legs (10 days each) it wasn't offered. I do love the Alchemy bar, but usually only have 1-2 drinks a night there, so not worth it for me.

He was implying the only way you could have gotten thru the two legs was if you were drunk.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You must have really taken advantage of Cheers!

We were able to take on alcohol at every port in Europe.

Happy New Year Debbie. Wish this Winter weather would go away.

I like to read reviews of cruises I have been on. I am always laughing at them if they're bad. Though I have sympathy for the occasional complaints of dysfunctional commodes, serious bureaucratic snafus and the like. But generally I shake my head in disbelief the unhappy reviewers were on the same cruise that I was!

I get up at the crack of dawn and make dozens of decisions in my work everyday. On a cruise, I wake up whenever I want and then only have to decide what kind of fun to have.

We pride ourselves on being easy to please. Our default is happy. You sound like that, too. Have a blast. We will be on Vista in March and can't wait! Look for MY review!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD