Walk Off

doone

HAL calls it "Self Disembarkation", and it is available for most HAL ships in that port (Prinsendam does not have it).

You must be able to handle all your luggage without assistance. You will be in the first group to leave the ship, and that happens about 7:30 (more or less, give or take, plus or minus ;)).

Perfect thanks everyone. We have a 1 pm flight back home but have a few people sailing with us who are Florida residents and will most likely take advantage of this. For me ,I will have my leisurely breakfast and disembark later.....you all rock!!

Perfect thanks everyone. We have a 1 pm flight back home but have a few people sailing with us who are Florida residents and will most likely take advantage of this. For me ,I will have my leisurely breakfast and disembark later.....you all rock!!

I'm not sure you can leave whenever you want. Someone will chime in. I thought self disembark meant you left in the earliest group off the ship

J

HAL calls it "Self Disembarkation", and it is available for most HAL ships in that port (Prinsendam does not have it).

You must be able to handle all your luggage without assistance. You will be in the first group to leave the ship, and that happens about 7:30 (more or less, give or take, plus or minus ;)).

Prinsendam does offer it. I walked off on Tuesday morning. It was called Expedited and they give you a special card.

On our recent cruise on the Koningsdam we did self disembarkation and it was right at 7:30. We overheard Jonathan the cruise director commenting on how he had to turn away a bunch of people who were in other groups but just trying to get off. He asked if no one could follow directions! They are pretty strict about leaving with your group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure you can leave whenever you want. Someone will chime in. I thought self disembark meant you left in the earliest group off the ship

J

I just got off the Eurodam. They call it EXPEDITED disembarkation. You are scheduled to be the first to leave - scheduled between 7:15am and 8am. My sister took a chance and had a flight booked for 11am... and had it not been for the tragedy at the airport and the bad weather in Atlanta - she would have made that flight no problem. But alas, that flight was cancelled.