People Ask the strangest things

QuickieGlenn

This question is nothing. I like the ones where people ask things like "what deck do I board on?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is actually a legitimate question. Some ships have you board on deck 4 or 5 and some on deck 6 or 7. It is not always the same boarding deck on all ships.

The questions I find the funniest are the ones about minute details that A) Really shouldn't make a difference to your vacation and B) You'll find out as soon as you board. Like 'is there drawers or shelves in the cabin' 'how big is the tv in the cabin' 'where will my muster station be' 'how many pillows are there in the cabin' 'where is the ice bucket stored in an inside cabin on the gem'

Is it really necessary to know any of this stuff in advance? I'm as big of a forward planner on here as anyone, but do they also need to know all this stuff when they stay at land based hotels?

Is it really necessary to know any of this stuff in advance? I'm as big of a forward planner on here as anyone, but do they also need to know all this stuff when they stay at land based hotels?

I'd rather people asked here than went through all of those questions at reception whilst I'm queueing up behind them.

I'm remembering all those times when I've been standing at hotel reception waiting to check in whilst the person being served is going through a list of inane questions which would be answered the moment they open their hotel door and actually see for themselves.

I'd rather people asked here than went through all of those questions at reception whilst I'm queueing up behind them.

I'm remembering all those times when I've been standing at hotel reception waiting to check in whilst the person being served is going through a list of inane questions which would be answered the moment they open their hotel door and actually see for themselves.

Lol, you're probably right- that's what they do when they can't ask it on a forum in advance!

I have a stupid question? ;)

I have reserved a time for a show ( burn the floor)on the Epic in the Manhattan Room. Isn't that the dining room? If so am I eating dinner at the time?

Sorry for the stupid question!

I have a stupid question? ;)

I have reserved a time for a show ( burn the floor)on the Epic in the Manhattan Room. Isn't that the dining room? If so am I eating dinner at the time?

Sorry for the stupid question!

Burn the Floor is a show in the theatre.

They also apparently do something in the Manhattan Room as well, but as you say, the Manhattan Room is a dining room. What Burn the Floor do there is just a small show as entertainment whilst you eat.

I suspect that you have been confused by this, and either have a reservation for Burn the Floor in the theatre or have a reservation for a meal in the Manhattan Room.

Do you have a confirmation for your booking and what does it say?

Burn the Floor is a show in the theatre.

They also apparently do something in the Manhattan Room as well, but as you say, the Manhattan Room is a dining room. What Burn the Floor do there is just a small show as entertainment whilst you eat.

I suspect that you have been confused by this, and either have a reservation for Burn the Floor in the theatre or have a reservation for a meal in the Manhattan Room.

Do you have a confirmation for your booking and what does it say?

Burn the Floor

DETAILS

Burn the Floor is a sizzling and sexy show based on the world-renowned Broadway performance, this non-stop, 45-minute extravaganza is amazing. "Audience-dazzling! Swivelling hips, steamy embraces and high-octane tempos. A non-stop display of pop variations on classic styles, performed with precision and polish," writes Charles Isherwood, The New York Times. From Harlem's Hot Night at The Savoy, where the Lindy, Foxtrot and Charleston were born, to the Latin Quarter, where the Cha-Cha, Rumba and Salsa steamed up the stage, experience the passion of many popular dance styles. For a spicier, more intimate performance, check out Burn the Floor as they heat up the dance floor in The Manhattan Room. You may even be asked to step up and show off your best moves. And if you want to brush up on your Rumba, dance and exercise classes are offered throughout your cruise by the amazing dancers.

No, we use a special underwater extension cord that's plugged into our Miami outlet.

You use the home port extension cord until you are about halfway to your next port. The ship then comes along side a buoy to pick up the next cord to get the ship into that port. They then hook the home port cord to the buoy for the return trip home. I was an electrician in the Navy, this is how we always did it

I am amazed at what some people ask

I have one

a promo on my cruise is a 50 photo package

Sounds like there will be a catch , like 50 wallet size or you can upgrade for a small fee

Can someone please clarify

Thanks

When I first joined over 10 years ago people didn't have attitudes on here. I was new to cruising and so excited learning and asking anything. Peoples response was no question is to stupid to ask. I don't feel cc is the same way now that people already know everything. I learn stuff all the time!

That is actually a legitimate question. Some ships have you board on deck 4 or 5 and some on deck 6 or 7. It is not always the same boarding deck on all ships.

[emoji23] - Sure, sometimes you board on different decks, but who cares what deck you get on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The catch may be that you may have a hard time coming up with 50 photos, none duplicates of another chosen. I can't imagine. We don't care for all the goofy "take a picture with the pirate" etc, so we avoid them like the plague. And we only had a few done at dinner or in the atrium with the professional photogs. So we only had a handful of poses in our file at the end of the cruise, from which we chose a couple to purchase. We had no where near 50 photos from which to choose, even if we'd had the package.

if you chose this promo, I'd choose another to replace it. If you got all the promos and this is one of them, then I'm sure you can find a few poses you might want to take home, even if it's not 50.

We totally avoid them too, as much as we don't want the pictures plus the fact that most of the animal ones are in such ratty suits.

Just off the Getaway this morning and had the 50 free photos option. We had friends on board with us and we all used my cabin number every time we had a photo taken. We managed to get to 46 pictures and they would not allow duplicates to get get me to the 50. It was quite hard to get that many pics done! Not sure why they couldn't print more then one of a photo?

They did say I could add a USB of all photos for $20. When I picked up all the photos the bill said $850, then it was zeroed out with my promo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums