Yippee!!!!luggage valet is back!!!!

Luvcrusn

Do you know which airlines? Air Canada?

The following was just posted on another thread:

Currently on the eclipse and just received the form. Available when we arrive in Miami for Miami and Fort Lauderdale airports for American, Delta (domestic only), jet blue. United, US, and Southwest for our return on the 22nd!!!!!

Friends aboard the Eclipse just confirmed Luggage Valet is back. $25 now per, but so worth it IMHO. All the calling, writing, posting worked!

Good news! They'll be a lot of happy cruisers. What was the cost previously?

Can someone explain the details of Luggage Valet?

For instance we are cruising in April from Florida (we drive to port) to San Diego. We will fly back to Florida. So for $25.00 a piece of luggage - I set my luggage out on the last night of the cruise and they take care of getting it to Delta at the airport? Does this enable us to walk through Customs without it? I'm not sure I get the concept?

You are the forth person to post this! Lol. :).....but thank you!

You pay the luggage Valet fee plus any airline baggage fees. You put your luggage outside your room on the last night of the cruise with specially provided luggage tags. You receive your airline boarding pass on board ship.You leave the ship with your carry on luggage and go through immigration and customs (much quicker) and go to the airport. You go directly to the airport security checkpoint since you have already been checked in. You see your luggage again at your home airport [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Edited by Luvcrusn

:confused: Does your luggage arrive at your home airport at the same time that you arrive at your home airport? If I get off of the ship at 8am on Saturday, and get on a plane at 3pm on Saturday, and arrive at my home airport at 7 pm on Saturday, will my bags be there at 7 pm as well....

Thank you for your patience

You pay the luggage Valet fee plus any airline baggage fees. You put your luggage outside your room on the last night of the cruise with specially provided luggage tags. You receive your ailine boarding pass on board ship.You leave the ship with your carry on luggage and go through immigration and customs (much quicker) and go to the airport. You go directly to the airport security checkpoint since you have already been checked in. You see your luggage again at your home airport [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Wow that sounds great but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

We are flying from San Diego to Ft Myers in First Class on Delta. We used FF points for those tickets and it allows us 2 Free Bags each. How do they know (Luggage Valet or Delta) - to not charge us outside of the $25.00? Don't want to insult anyone but sometimes Delta isn't on top of things.

Also we have a tight connection in Atlanta (thanks to Delta changing the schedule) - normally our bags being in First Class would be tagged "Priority". We gives us a little peace of mind - will Luggage Valet make sure that happens?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by Jane2357

:confused: Does your luggage arrive at your home airport at the same time that you arrive at your home airport? If I get off of the ship at 8am on Saturday, and get on a plane at 3pm on Saturday, and arrive at my home airport at 7 pm on Saturday, will my bags be there at 7 pm as well....

Thank you for your patience

Your luggage is checked through to your flight and assuming that the airline hasn't lost your luggage, (and we all know what happens when we assume;)) you will arrive and your luggage should be on the luggage carousel from your flight.

Wow that sounds great but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

We are flying from San Diego to Ft Myers in First Class on Delta. We used FF points for those tickets and it allows us 2 Free Bags each. How do they know (Luggage Valet or Delta) - to not charge us outside of the $25.00? Don't want to insult anyone but sometimes Delta isn't on top of things.

Also we have a tight connection in Atlanta (thanks to Delta changing the schedule) - normally our bags being in First Class would be tagged "Priority". We gives us a little peace of mind - will Luggage Valet make sure that happens?

Thank you in advance for your help.

All good questions, to which I don't have the answers. Sorry

You let them know if you are flying first class and have no charge for bags. We fly Delta and we used it many times in the past. I believe Delta retagged them at the airport because they arrived at our destination wit priority tags on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You let them know if you are flying first class and have no charge for bags. We fly Delta and we used it many times in the past. I believe Delta retagged them at the airport because they arrived at our destination wit priority tags on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info! This sounds amazing and for the price - I'm in!!!!!

So, being super excited about the day's Luggage Valet news aboard Eclipse I got curious. DH and I are were seriously considering driving to Florida for our next cruise aboard Reflection in November. Our disembarkation experience from Eclipse last month was very chaotic. I just got off the phone with captains club rep. I told them about the cruise critic good news...at lease 3 different threads saying it returned and that I had confirmed the news directly with friends aboard Eclipse now. They checked with the concierge and guest relations and confirmed it, and in fact are going to use it. I asked the captain's club rep if it would be returning fleetwide. Anyway, it was news to captains club! According to their info, it has gone and they knew of no plans to bring it back. She was unaware that it had returned to Eclipse. She's researching and will call me back Monday. To be continued......

When we booked our Eclipse cruise last year we were so disappointed that Luggage Valet was gone. We leave 3 weeks from today and this is such good news. Makes it so much easier for a couple of old foggies! (well, not that old).

Thank you Celebrity😄🎉