Setting up a Meet & Mingle with Princess

PRCruiser

Does anyone know what the minimum number for a Meet and Greet is?

I know RCCL has a minimum but don't know about Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've hosted many Meet & Greets & have never seen a requirement for the number of people needed. When I make a request with Princess I usually say between 30-50. I just returned from a cruise on the Crown & we had 50 people attend.

Tom:)

I have a template that I have used many tines to invite officers. I also have the form that I use to record people's information plus a flyer I use to email people the details. I also have a template for the name tags. If you email me at trbarton743 at aol dot com I'll supply you with what I have. Here's what I post:

A Meet & Greet is being planned. If you're interested please provide the following information.

Complete Names....

Number of people...

email address....

Cruise Critic Name...

With this information I send people my flyer with all of the details of the Meet & Greet.

I don't post any of the details on Cruise Critic so that I know whose coming.

Prior to the cruise I send a reminder flyer. I have sometimes made copies of my flyer & left it if the mail box outside each persons stateroom.

I generally ask for the time of 10:30 am - 11:30 am & on my last cruise just completed on the Crown there was a group of us that went for lunch afterwards in the MDR.

Put Meet & Greet information in the subject line so I know what it's about.

Tom😀

Good idea.

I've hosted many Meet & Greets & have never seen a requirement for the number of people needed. When I make a request with Princess I usually say between 30-50. I just returned from a cruise on the Crown & we had 50 people attend.

I agree.

In your request for the M&G setup you may want to request a staffed bar being available. Make sure you request a NO HOST BAR so everyone pays for their own drinks. The first time I set up a M&G I didn’t state a NO HOST bar but luckily there was a note in my stateroom when I boarded the ship that said that I was hosting the meeting. I had to spend some time trying to explain to a manager that I wasn’t paying for all of the drinks for everyone in the upcoming meeting. I think they should have known that I wouldn’t be responsible without a specific request.

• 1 year later...

Attention one and all

I have just spoken with the Island Princess Rep Rosanne Pennuci and booked the Meet and Greet, M & G, or oh heck I just want to meet some folks on our cruise. OFFICIALLY: The Wheelhouse Lounge

10 -11 AM Thursday Dec 6th, 2018

Bar will be open, and I have informed her that we have approx 29 att that could rise to 45 and if we are to exceed that we must contact her for more space.

ALSO

She says that at this time there is nothing that has been brought to her attention for the Port Juan Del Sur, Honduras of being closed to Princess, or any intention at this time of cancelling tours. (However they could have decided to change or stop using a certain shore excursions company and that would not be public knowledge for legal reasons.)

Questions answered with a smile Patrick

Attention one and all

I have just spoken with the Island Princess Rep Rosanne Pennuci and booked the Meet and Greet, M & G, or oh heck I just want to meet some folks on our cruise. OFFICIALLY: The Wheelhouse Lounge

Bar will be open, and I have informed her that we have approx 29 att that could rise to 45 and if we are to exceed that we must contact her for more space.

ALSO

She says that at this time there is nothing that has been brought to her attention for the Port Juan Del Sur, Honduras of being closed to Princess, or any intention at this time of cancelling tours. (However they could have decided to change or stop using a certain shore excursions company and that would not be public knowledge for legal reasons.)

Questions answered with a smile Patrick

I am sure we would all love to be there! :o

You should post this on the roll call for your cruise. ;)

Hello:

Does anybody have a contact a Princess for setting up Meet & Mingle meetings on board? We have an upcoming Panama Canal Cruise onboard the Island Princess and I would like to setup one. However, don't know anybody to contact on Princess...

Thanks for the help!

Andres

Here’s a complete list for the contact for all of the Princess ships.

Sapphire, Grand: Jenny Streeck (661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Ruby & Coral: Berna Grayr (661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Royal, Sun, Dawn: Stacey Anderson (661) 284-4333

sanderson@princesscruises.com

Regal & Diamond: Lawrence Andrada (661) 284 4445

landrada@princesscruises.com

Emerald & Island: Rosanne Pennucci (661) 284 4443

rpennucci@princesscruises.com

Crown & Star: Jodi Rudolph (661) 284 4450

jrudolph@princesscruises.com

Golden, Pacific: Jan James (661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Caribbean, Sea & Majestic: Coleen Reyes (661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

If the contact person is not current they will one connect you with the correct person.

Tom

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the information, great thread!

Not to go overboard (pun intended :)), has anyone ever come up with an agenda for their M&G's?

I have been to a few and based on my experience, would ask the experienced folks out there if a template or suggested agenda exists.

If not, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Who sets it up? Who notifies other members? I joined the roll call (Star 3/14/19) after it was set up but posted excursions found to date. No one is keeping tabs on members

I set up the other roll call (Golden 11/24/19) so would that be me?

FYI...On Princess it's called a Meet & Greet so you're on the same page with Princess.

Tom😀

I was on the Caribbean Princess this year and you did a great job Tom putting it all together. The Meet & Greet was my first. Thank Again Tom :cool:

Tony

Tom .... Thanks for your time to "past this along". Feel sure it'll be helpful to many!

Here’s a complete list for the contact for all of the Princess ships.

Sapphire, Grand: Jenny Streeck (661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Ruby & Coral: Berna Grayr (661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Royal, Sun, Dawn: Stacey Anderson (661) 284-4333

sanderson@princesscruises.com

Regal & Diamond: Lawrence Andrada (661) 284 4445

landrada@princesscruises.com

Emerald & Island: Rosanne Pennucci (661) 284 4443

rpennucci@princesscruises.com

Crown & Star: Jodi Rudolph (661) 284 4450

jrudolph@princesscruises.com

Golden, Pacific: Jan James (661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Caribbean, Sea & Majestic: Coleen Reyes (661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

If the contact person is not current they will one connect you with the correct person.

Tom��

Thanks for all the information, great thread!

Not to go overboard (pun intended :)), has anyone ever come up with an agenda for their M&G's?

I have been to a few and based on my experience, would ask the experienced folks out there if a template or suggested agenda exists.

If not, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here’s some suggestions. I always invite the ship officers to attend. Princess no longer will give out the names of current officers so I have gone on the thread for the cruise previously to mine & asked if someone will post a copy of the current officers. This has worked.

With my last Meet & Greet people felt that they didn’t have enough time to mingle so my next Meet & Greet on the Majestic will start 1/2 hr earlier & I will suggest that before the officers arrive to mingle with other people. This is the first time I have tried this.

Besides having officers there & allowing them to introduce themselves & talk I have gone around the room & asked people to mention where their from & how they chose their screen name.

I also ask a photographer to come & make a group photo.

Hope this helps.

Tom😎

I was on the Caribbean Princess this year and you did a great job Tom putting it all together. The Meet & Greet was my first. Thank Again Tom :cool:

Tony

Thank you very much for taking the time to post that. It’s very nice to hear that as it’s work to collect people’s names, create & send out a flyer & make name tags.

Tom😁

Here’s some suggestions. I always invite the ship officers to attend. Princess no longer will give out the names of current officers so I have gone on the thread for the cruise previously to mine & asked if someone will post a copy of the current officers. This has worked.

With my last Meet & Greet people felt that they didn’t have enough time to mingle so my next Meet & Greet on the Majestic will start 1/2 hr earlier & I will suggest that before the officers arrive to mingle with other people. This is the first time I have tried this.

Besides having officers there & allowing them to introduce themselves & talk I have gone around the room & asked people to mention where their from & how they chose their screen name.

I also ask a photographer to come & make a group photo.

Hope this helps.

Tom😎

Thanks, Tom!

I just would like things to go smoothly. Couple of previous M&M's seemed a little disjointed, nothing at all against the organizers.

When you have people meet for the first time and then bring on the officers, sometimes it takes a few minutes to break the ice.

Mike

I'm doing my 1st meet & greet having never been to 1. The Star rep is now Dianna Hall at dhall@princesscruises.com. She's set us up 1st sea day in Skywalkers Lounge at 3-4pm as there's a ship wide event at 4.

No host bar / dry snacks / approximate tally due 14 days ahead / no 'list' needed / only listing in our roll call (52 strong)

Other than invite to ship officers, what am I missing?

• 1 month later...

As an update, the Princess Coordinator for Group Onboard Services and Group Support has changed.  It is now Bernadine "Berna" Grayr <bgrayr@princesscruises.com>.  She also serves as coordinator for Coral Princess.

Ombuds please take note.

Posted on this site Sept 27, 2018 if you look back.

We are now creating a real problem where some will go to one meeting and some will go to another because people dp not read previous info.  

Sept 27

Attention one and all

Patrick

On 10/4/2018 at 9:56 AM, Ombud said:

I'm doing my 1st meet & greet having never been to 1. The Star rep is now Dianna Hall at dhall@princesscruises.com. She's set us up 1st sea day in Skywalkers Lounge at 3-4pm as there's a ship wide event at 4.

No host bar / dry snacks / approximate tally due 14 days ahead / no 'list' needed / only listing in our roll call (52 strong)

Other than invite to ship officers, what am I missing?

Interesting as I’ve never done one that late in the day. I would suggest one from 10am - 11:30 am. Use the 1st half hour so people can mingle with other people. Ask for a microphone so it’s easier for people to hear everyone. I invite the ship officers to come at 10:30 am & provide time for them to introduce themselves & what they do plus time for questions from the people there. I invite the ships photographer to come at 11:00 to do a group photo. 

I keep a list list with peoples names, stateroom number, Incase I need to reach them, email address & their CC name for my name tags. This list is private & only for my use. 

I make a flyer to send to people with the meeting details plus one month before the cruise I send a “REMINDER” flyer. 

I’ve done many of these so please ask any additional questions or contact me at trbarton743 at aol dot com. 

Tom😎

• Thanks 1

I was on the Caribbean Princess in January. Tom 😎 did a great job organizing the M&G. I just like to say we had a good time.

It was very nice meeting all my Cruise Critic friends. Thanks Again Tom😎

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

CEC785D0-C0FA-4525-BF26-E59AF95F4B1B.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

6 hours ago, DelrayDancer said:

Ombuds please take note.

We are now creating a real problem where some will go to one meeting and some will go to another because people dp not read previous info.  

Sept 27

Attention one and all

Patrick

Thanks for posting this info. I just posted the latest Roll Call list and mentioned the M&G you have set up on Dec. 6. Hopefully it is being read. Do you want to have name tags?

Carol

14 hours ago, DelrayDancer said:

Ombuds please take note.

Sept 27

Attention one and all

Patrick

Thanks. It was a group decision to do 4pm, Princess moved it to 3pm which is smart but like your format

13 hours ago, trbarton said:

Interesting as I’ve never done one that late in the day. I would suggest one from 10am - 11:30 am. Use the 1st half hour so people can mingle with other people. Ask for a microphone so it’s easier for people to hear everyone. I invite the ship officers to come at 10:30 am & provide time for them to introduce themselves & what they do plus time for questions from the people there. I invite the ships photographer to come at 11:00 to do a group photo. 

I keep a list list with peoples names, stateroom number, Incase I need to reach them, email address & their CC name for my name tags. This list is private & only for my use. 

I make a flyer to send to people with the meeting details plus one month before the cruise I send a “REMINDER” flyer. 

I’ve done many of these so please ask any additional questions or contact me at trbarton743 at aol dot com. 

Tom😎

Okay, makes sense, oh well 😞

do you do the reminder flyer online? I've got 37 signed up and it's in 123 days. We're the 2nd half of BA to LA and have a group tour the day b4 with 23 signed up so many of us will know the others

NEED: officer, photographer, microphone,  Monte Carlo wheel