Luggage tags list me as a gold member when I am platinum

kac0426

I just printed my luggage tags for my upcoming cruise, and they list me as being a gold member when I am actually platinum. Obviously, I don't really care what my luggage tags say, but I do want my platinum status to be correct for other purposes (freebies on board, etc.). When I log in to the Crown and Anchor Society section of the RCCL website, it lists me as platinum. When I cruised last May, everything listed me as platinum. I just can't figure out why the luggage tags would list me as gold now. Could it be because I am sharing a cabin with someone who is gold? And could that cause me to not receive the platinum benefits? Last question: If I attend the event for platinum members (assuming they still have it), would my cabin mate be able to come with me, even though he is gold? If not, I'd have to attend alone, which wouldn't be much fun!

Look at your SetSail pass and Cruise Docs. If your level is correct on those docs, then don't worry about the luggage tags. If your level is incorrect on those docs, call C&A and get it fixed.

Recently we cruised on the Ovation for 15nights. Luggage tags said Platinum (we are Emerald). All other documents stated Emerald. When I arrived in the stateroom, my C&A discount sheet also had us listed as Platinum. I saw the C&A Loyalty Officer on board and she changed everything without a problem.

Make sure your C&A number is correct. We have a friend that was staying in our suite one time and when I went to print out all the docs, it stated he was a gold member. In reality he was Emerald at that time. I had him call RC and sure enough there was another C&A member with the same name. They had accidentally put down the wrong C&A Number!

Teri

Look at your SetSail pass and Cruise Docs. If your level is correct on those docs, then don't worry about the luggage tags. If your level is incorrect on those docs, call C&A and get it fixed.

I don't see anywhere on the SetSail pass that would list the level, but when I look at the full cruise summary document, it lists me as platinum and my friend as gold, which is correct. And everyone online shows me as platinum. Odd that the luggage tags list gold, but maybe everything else is okay.

I don't see anywhere on the SetSail pass that would list the level, but when I look at the full cruise summary document, it lists me as platinum and my friend as gold, which is correct. And everyone online shows me as platinum. Odd that the luggage tags list gold, but maybe everything else is okay.

I don't know what a SetSail pass looks like for Anthem or Harmony, so if you are on one of those, I can't help.

However, if you are one of the other ships, you should see your C&A level, abbreviated, to the right of your name(s) on the SetSail pass within the rectangular block, above the words "CRUISE TICKET CONTRACT".

HOW DARE THEY DISRESPECT YOU!!!! Make sure you let the Captain know immediately.....

The luggage may be put next to those lower tier "Gold" bags :eek::eek:

OP this means nothing...as long as the right cabin # is on them....We always get our tags at the pier and I could care less if they don't say D+ ;)

No worries...leave those nasty GOLD tags at home and get REAL luggage tags from the porters! No one cares what your status is! Truly! All you want is your bags delivered to the right cabin..right???

I couldn't care less what the luggage tags say. My concern was that RCCL's system had me listed incorrectly. But since all is correct on my cruise summary and when I check online, hopefully the luggage tag thing is just a minor glitch.

There is no difference between Gold & Platinum..

According to the C&A website, there is. And on my last cruise, when I was Platinum for the first time, I was invited to an event that Gold members are not invited to. I know they are minor things and probably mean nothing to most people, but I just want my C&A status reflected correctly on my documents, etc.

I don't know what a SetSail pass looks like for Anthem or Harmony, so if you are on one of those, I can't help.

However, if you are one of the other ships, you should see your C&A level, abbreviated, to the right of your name(s) on the SetSail pass within the rectangular block, above the words "CRUISE TICKET CONTRACT".

Ah, I see it now...I think. A very small P in a square box? (Mine is printed in black and white so I'm not sure what color the box is...) Thank you for pointing that out to me. I had never noticed it before.

Ah, I see it now...I think. A very small P in a square box? (Mine is printed in black and white so I'm not sure what color the box is...) Thank you for pointing that out to me. I had never noticed it before.

You got it. I think you are fine.

Also, with regard to Platinum benefits, one is that you are entitled to robes, but I believe you must request them from the stateroom attendant now.

Celebrity cruises in Feb. had me as a first time cruiser due to a typo by the CVP when actually I am Elite+. Significant difference in perks. Captain's Club Host got new cards for me 1st cruise and Guest Services Asst. Director got me new cards 2nd cruise. All was well.

When you have a person in your cabin with a lower status, the luggage tags will have the lower status on them. It happened to us last month when my Gold member son sailed with us ( D+) members. Doesn't mean anything as long as everything else is correct. I called about it and they don't seem to know why that happens.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you have a person in your cabin with a lower status, the luggage tags will have the lower status on them. It happened to us last month when my Gold member son sailed with us ( D+) members. Doesn't mean anything as long as everything else is correct. I called about it and they don't seem to know why that happens.

Gwen [emoji3]

Exactly the same things happened to me too. My mom's status is lower and we sailed in the same cabin. Luggage tags had her status.

As long as your SetSail is correct, no need to worry. Have a great cruise

Cindy

Gwen [emoji3]

As a programmer, I can tell you I would bet most anything it's the way the program is coded. They probably just go to get the status for everyone based on the cabin you've booked. And whichever person's status it retrieves first is what 'sticks' for printing. Most likely an easy fix, but I doubt they'll ever bother looking for it in their code.

Erika

Recently we cruised on the Ovation for 15nights. Luggage tags said Platinum (we are Emerald). All other documents stated Emerald. When I arrived in the stateroom, my C&A discount sheet also had us listed as Platinum. I saw the C&A Loyalty Officer on board and she changed everything without a problem.

Same thing for us on Oasis last Spring, my card said Diamond, but my wife's said Emerald, even though our cruise history is identical. After a couple of visits to Guest Services and the Diamond Concierge everything got straigthened out and the proper discounts were applied.

My guess is they print the luggage tags for the room and picked one of the cabin members account to base it off of. You know the sarcastic replies were going to come, but it really does mean nothing, they load luggage by where it is going, not by status. Just check that discount sheet once in your cabin to make sure you are listed properly there.

Make sure your C&A number is correct. We have a friend that was staying in our suite one time and when I went to print out all the docs, it stated he was a gold member. In reality he was Emerald at that time. I had him call RC and sure enough there was another C&A member with the same name. They had accidentally put down the wrong C&A Number!

Teri

My DH has this problem too!:mad: Every now and then RCCL emails him with a welcome to the next tier letter of someone else with the same name! Also, when I book cruises on-line, I can never add his real C&A number; it always says that it is incorrect! I need to call a rep to get it added correctly; however, since he always cruises with me, I don't waste time calling about it anymore. As long as both of our sea passes reflect our status, it's not worth the hassle!;)