Costco in/near Sydney

Hi all

I need a little local help. It is possible I might need to drop into a Costco when we are in Sydney in March and April (just got new hearing aids and might need batteries or adjustments). I looked on a map and it looks like

17-21 Parramatta Rd, Lidcombe NSW 2141, Australia

is closest to the CBD, where we will be staying (Wyndham, 34-35 Wentworth Ave, Crn Wentworth Ave & Goulburn St,). We will be near the central rail station I think and I was wondering if we could get to Costco using the train? And if so, what the right stops going and coming would be?

Thanks for any help

ML

Hi all

I need a little local help. It is possible I might need to drop into a Costco when we are in Sydney in March and April (just got new hearing aids and might need batteries or adjustments). I looked on a map and it looks like

17-21 Parramatta Rd, Lidcombe NSW 2141, Australia

is closest to the CBD, where we will be staying (Wyndham, 34-35 Wentworth Ave, Crn Wentworth Ave & Goulburn St,). We will be near the central rail station I think and I was wondering if we could get to Costco using the train? And if so, what the right stops going and coming would be?

Thanks for any help

ML

Either lidcome or auburn stations, but still a reasonable walk, a few bucks in a taxi from either station.

Lidcombe station is the most direct route straight down John St to Parramatta Rd.

About 20 to 25 minute walk.

There is a taxi rank on the John St side of the station that will get you there in 5 minutes.

Would have to call a taxi to get back to station.

Edited by Babsjo

Lidcombe station is the most direct route straight down John St to Parramatta Rd.

About 20 to 25 minute walk.

There is a taxi rank on the John St side of the station that will get you there in 5 minutes.

Would have to call a taxi to get back to station.

Wife though about equidistant (she grew up in the area) but Lidcombe is first Station.

The Lidcombe address is showing on the Costco website as the Auburn store and it does have a hearing aid centre, though to be on the safe side you may want to email them to make sure they handle to brand of hearing aid you have.

Edited by Aussieflyer

You might want to check that the Lidcombe Costco does handle hearing aids - they are not listed on the website as having a hearing aid centre. Th other thing, is the Lidcombe address an actual Costco store? On the website it is listed as the Australian home office and is not shown as having an actual store.

The Auburn store is shown as having a hearing aid centre.

http://www.costco.com.au/Common/ContactUs.shtml#NSW

http://www.costco.com.au/Warehouse/HearingAid.shtml

Someone on here who shops Costco might be able to help.

Funny I was just trying to google the same thing, do they deal with hearing aids?

Auburn/Lidcombe? On the cusp of both suburbs.

It is the same store and there is only one.

Live in the area and go there often.

Lidcombe station is the most direct route and more trains stop there.

Edited by Babsjo

Auburn/Lidcombe? It is the same store and there is only one.

Live in the area and go there often.

Lidcombe station is the most direct route and more trains stop there.

Yes, I did some Google Earth and found that it was actually a store and so changed my post, but people replied before I managed it.

Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Yes, I did some Google Earth and found that it was actually a store and so changed my post, but people replied before I managed it.

Thanks for clarifying.

It is confusing.

A shopping centre across the road is called the Lidcombe Centre! and Bunnings next door is Lidcombe!

Edited by Babsjo

Funny I was just trying to google the same thing, do they deal with hearing aids?

Yes, they do. A friend of mine went there to trial the ones they had on offer. The day we went out there with her the hearing aid service was very slow, I think she waited two hours after her appointment time before they finally saw her. I thought I'd mention it so that the OP knows to allow plenty of time.

Yes, they do. A friend of mine went there to trial the ones they had on offer. The day we went out there with her the hearing aid service was very slow, I think she waited two hours after her appointment time before they finally saw her. I thought I'd mention it so that the OP knows to allow plenty of time.

Thanks, never been in one, we are rumoured to be getting one up this way soon.

Try and do a bit more research, my husband can buy the batteries for his hearing aids from most big pharmacies and Bunnings hardware

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Batteries are probably not the key to Costco.

OP also indicated checking whether the hearing aid would require adjustment. So, in need of the audiology service.

NZ seriously needs a Costco. Multiple ones.

Aldi would be better! I was speaking to my manager and she said you had no to Aldi's there. We can thank Aldi for finally breaking the monopoly of our two supermarket companies here and for prices of groceries going down these last few years

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Aldi would be better! I was speaking to my manager and she said you had no to Aldi's there. We can thank Aldi for finally breaking the monopoly of our two supermarket companies here and for prices of groceries going down these last few years

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Agreed, Costco encourages bulk buying to lower costs. Aldi encourages a quality but a limited range of product for lower prices. Each is not perfect but I know which one I prefer.