Haven Drink Package

garlinn

I know this is going to sound weird to most people. I just booked a Haven suite on the Jade and got the drink package as a perk. Neither my wife or I drink. I am going to have to pay the gratuities on a drink package that I will not use. Has anybody else encountered this and were you able to cancel the package and avoid the gratuities?

You don't have to pay the gratuities as a Havens guest. You can use your drinks package to get a virgin strawberry daiquiri or virgin piña colada or sodas. All the normal bar drinks you can have or try without alcohol. This is an opportunity to try and taste every drink that you would never ordered or paid for in a bar. Have a great cruise!

thats ok. many people also dont even realize there are mandatory gratuities. they actually mentioned them at muster i think. they do a good job of hiding them. so that you didnt know you dont have to pay is not uncommon.

room service is also free. get the pizza

• 1 month later...
Haven suites get all of the 'Free at Sea' perks and none of the associated service charges. So you should not be charged the 18% for the drink package nor the specialty dining package :)

If you have three people in the two bedroom Haven does the third person also qualify for the drink packaage? What about specialty dinning?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

The first two guests in the Haven staterooms get the beverage and dining package and the additional 18% is waived, however does anyone know if this is also true for additional beverage/dining packages you might buy for additional guests in the stateroom? Is the 18% applied to those packages?

The first two guests in the Haven staterooms get the beverage and dining package and the additional 18% is waived, however does anyone know if this is also true for additional beverage/dining packages you might buy for additional guests in the stateroom? Is the 18% applied to those packages?
Yes it is. No special conditions for Haven/suite guests that purchase beverage and dining packages.

• 4 months later...
Hi All!

I've recently booked a Haven Penthouse, chose all four perks - yet I see a "Choice Promotion Service Charge" of $223.92 tacked on after my perk selection. You say this is supposed to be waived? Please advise...

Unfortunately this has since changed, guests in the Haven are now responsible for the 18% gratuities associated with the dining and beverage packages now included in the perks, just as with the lower categories.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi All!

I've recently booked a Haven Penthouse, chose all four perks - yet I see a "Choice Promotion Service Charge" of $223.92 tacked on after my perk selection. You say this is supposed to be waived? Please advise...

The original poster booked at a time when the promotional program waived gratuities on the beverage package for suite/haven cabins. THAT PROMOTIONAL OFFER IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. If you are booking a suite under today's "Splash sale" promotion you must pay 18% gratuities based on the value of the daily rate for the beverage package if purchased outright no matter what class of cabin you book.

It's important to understand what promotional offer you booked under and what is "free" versus requires additional fees. Contact your TA or NCL for specific details.

Hi All!

No, it won't be waived. NCL decided a month or two ago that Haven guest will have to pay the 18% gratuity for the food and drink package per person. PLUS your normal tips for the personnel who waits on you (butler,concierge, and others):rolleyes:

Hi All!

You now have to pay the 18%, All suites and haven now must pay the promotion charge. It was changed a few weeks ago.

Policy was changed quietly overnight June 6, 2017. Many were caught off guard because there was no advance notice.

Press release was much later..so those "on the fence" would now slammed with hundreds of dollars of additional fees.

Thought there would be much more of an uproar regarding this change, but it seems to be a non issue.

Super high prices for Haven and now additional fees make it very hard to swallow NCL constant policy and prices changes. The last 2-3 years have been constant increases across the board.....wondering when it will stop??

Policy was changed quietly overnight June 6, 2017. Many were caught off guard because there was no advance notice.

Press release was much later..so those "on the fence" would now slammed with hundreds of dollars of additional fees.

Thought there would be much more of an uproar regarding this change, but it seems to be a non issue.

Super high prices for Haven and now additional fees make it very hard to swallow NCL constant policy and prices changes. The last 2-3 years have been constant increases across the board.....wondering when it will stop??

When people stop booking the "Haven" suites. NCL has priced me out so I've moved on to another cruise line who has the same concept and have booked cruises in 2018 and 2019 at a much lower price then NCL:D

When people stop booking the "Haven" suites. NCL has priced me out so I've moved on to another cruise line who has the same concept and have booked cruises in 2018 and 2019 at a much lower price then NCL:D

Exactly. This is the first time in eons the that I do not have a NCL cruise booked. Examining other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly. This is the first time in eons the that I do not have a NCL cruise booked. Examining other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here as I am Platinum Plus and only sailed the Haven for the past seven years. I can got to Hawaii for two weeks for the same price of a 2 bdrm villa. Bon Voyage NCL.

MSC handles this much better, I think.

Everyone in the Yacht Club have most drinks included, it doesn't matter when the cruise was booked.

That is the line that we have booked for 2018 as well as 2019

Promotions change. No one should assume that the terms and conditions will remain the same from month to month. ALWAYS read the T/C's, especially when committing to a vacation that is costing you lots of money. Common sense.

Caveat Emptor.

Indeed. How about Caveat Venditor - I'm cancelling that s@#t!!!!