Can you change a Guarantee Cabin?

LaShelle2

I was just assigned cabin 9431 on the Magic. I see this is below the Lido deck, and I am concerned about noise. I called customer service and was told I am stuck with it. :mad:

I have booked Guarantee with RCI, and they allow you to change if something is open in the same category. Is this not the case with Carnival. :confused:

I was just assigned cabin 9431 on the Magic. I see this is below the Lido deck, and I am concerned about noise. I called customer service and was told I am stuck with it. :mad:

I have booked Guarantee with RCI, and they allow you to change if something is open in the same category. Is this not the case with Carnival. :confused:

So why did you choose a gty cabin?????????????????

The whole point of a guarantee rate is that you DON'T get to pick your cabin. So why would you think that you can call and switch it? Just curious.

With that being said, bring some ear plugs. I highly recommend them. I can't hear anything with mine in at night. It's lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was just assigned cabin 9431 on the Magic. I see this is below the Lido deck, and I am concerned about noise.

It looks to me that this balcony cabin is below the Lido Marketplace under a dining table area that is carpeted. I've stayed in similar located cabins on Freedom and Breeze and never experienced noise from above.

Then again I have never been sound asleep or even in my cabin the middle of breakfast, lunch or dinner time.

Guarantee means you pick the category and are willing to take any cabin in that category.

You agree to take what you get.

If you want something else you'll have to pay for it like the rest of us who like to pick our own cabins.

I have been able to change a GTY cabin once assigned within the same category. Just keep calling back.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

It looks to me that this balcony cabin is below the Lido Marketplace under a dining table area that is carpeted. I've stayed in similar located cabins on Freedom and Breeze and never experienced noise from above..

I agree. this cabin is in a good area.

coulda been stuck under that pizza kitchen Guarantee is not to be booked if you have worries about being put into a bad spot

It looks to me that this balcony cabin is below the Lido Marketplace under a dining table area that is carpeted. I've stayed in similar located cabins on Freedom and Breeze and never experienced noise from above.

Then again I have never been sound asleep or even in my cabin the middle of breakfast, lunch or dinner time.

Thanks for your reply. Feeling better to know it's not noisy

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes you can change rooms within categories if one is open, or you can pay to upgrade. I chose a GTY a few cruises ago, and ended up with a room in a decent location, but it wasn't one that I would have chosen. After my PVP spoke with a Supervisor, I was given the room of my choice. I another GTY situation, I paid $30.00 to change to the room I wanted. I think in this situation, I changed booking rates, or it was under a new promotion .

It was booked under a military rate. The price was really low. :o

Whenever you book a "gty" cabin, the cruise fare is lower except on Holland America Line. You are paying less because you are letting the cruise line select a cabin for you so you are stuck with what they assign you. As previously mentioned, that's the gamble you take. Let this be a learning experience. Do not always go for the cheapest, it does not always work out good. I've learned that already. Whenever I book a "gty" cabin, I want to cruise badly but I'm not willing to pay the higher fare and I'm willing to live with whatever cabin I'm assigned to.

We had cabins right below the Lido deck on Conquest twice. Wasn't a problem at all. The only thing we heard in the morning was the rolling cards to serve coffee and juice. It wasn't loud and obnoxious or anything, just could't figure out the noise. We never heard chairs moving. There's very little activity in there at night when you'll be sleeping. I would easily take your cabin in a heartbeat. The upside is that you can just go up one flight of stairs for meals and the pool.