When Will Equinox Leave Fort Lauderdale to Start Sailing Out of Miami

Ereggae

Would have liked the Equinox or one of the other Solstice Class ships to sail out of Port Canaveral. They have much better facilities than either the Port of Miami or Port Everglades.

Without a doubt! Our very first cruise was out of Port Canaveral. Fantastic.

Imagine our surprise as we pulled into the Fort Lauderdale container yard, I mean cruise port, for our cruise after that one.

Unfortunately, all of the ships that we've wanted to sail on, with the correct itineraries have been out of Ft. Lauderdale. Our next is out of Miami, but still not expecting anything like the quality of Port Canaveral.

Dan

Without a doubt! Our very first cruise was out of Port Canaveral. Fantastic.

Imagine our surprise as we pulled into the Fort Lauderdale container yard, I mean cruise port, for our cruise after that one.

Unfortunately, all of the ships that we've wanted to sail on, with the correct itineraries have been out of Ft. Lauderdale. Our next is out of Miami, but still not expecting anything like the quality of Port Canaveral.

Dan

Fish Lips comes to mind :D.

Last time it took me 2 hours to retrieve bags in Miami. I hate the carousel system but longshoremen did not want to do heavy lifting. I have an 11:30 flight so I hope luggage valet will be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess we were lucky in Nov. Disembarked at 8:20. Got our luggage within 5 minutes of reaching the carousel, grabbed a porter, 1 person ahead of us at customs and were in our Uber ride in less than 25 minutes. We were at FLL at 9:20 for our 11:30 flight.

Would have liked the Equinox or one of the other Solstice Class ships to sail out of Port Canaveral. They have much better facilities than either the Port of Miami or Port Everglades.

I would like to see this as well as the port is very nice and a shorter drive for us in NE Florida. They had the Zenith out of JAX for a few years but that didn't last long - 2003 to 2005, I think. Now, it's just Carnival - so we keep driving to Tampa, Port Canaveral, FLL or MIA.

Edited by ricka47

I guess we were lucky in Nov. Disembarked at 8:20. Got our luggage within 5 minutes of reaching the carousel, grabbed a porter, 1 person ahead of us at customs and were in our Uber ride in less than 25 minutes. We were at FLL at 9:20 for our 11:30 flight.

Your response definitely helps so will request early disembarkation. When did you book your Uber?

Last time it took me 2 hours to retrieve bags in Miami. I hate the carousel system but longshoremen did not want to do heavy lifting. I have an 11:30 flight so I hope luggage valet will be an option.

Can you do early departure and bring all your bags with you rather than setting them out the night before? That's what we've done with RCI when we've needed to leave early.

Dan

Can you do early departure and bring all your bags with you rather than setting them out the night before? That's what we've done with RCI when we've needed to leave early.

Dan

That's an option but was planning to do some shopping and the items are not allowed in carry-on.

That's an option but was planning to do some shopping and the items are not allowed in carry-on.

Maybe I misunderstood your original post?

With early disembarkation you bring all of your luggage off the ship with you, both checked and carry on sizes. You don't set it out the night before you disembark, and you don't need to find it in the cruise terminal.

Dan

Your response definitely helps so will request early disembarkation. When did you book your Uber?

We actually requested & recieved the first luggage tag # after the Celebrity transfers but there was a delay in clearing the ship. Our tag was originally estimated to be called at 7:15 but we weren't allowed off until 8:20

Once we got out if the terminal we called and the Uber car was there in 5 minutes.

For many fly in cruisers or local cruisers, Miami is OK, but I would only use the Miami port if a travel agency's bus was taken me there, if not I WILL NEVER USE MIAMI's port.

We try to avoid MIA if we can. But, when we sailed on the Eclipse in 2015, we stayed at a hotel near the airport and it was an easy drive to the port, parking was convenient and embarkation and disembarkation went well. So, we really had no issues and will be doing the same thing in July for the Equinox.

• 2 weeks later...
We try to avoid MIA if we can. But, when we sailed on the Eclipse in 2015, we stayed at a hotel near the airport and it was an easy drive to the port, parking was convenient and embarkation and disembarkation went well. So, we really had no issues and will be doing the same thing in July for the Equinox.

Which hotel are you using?