Internet$$$$$$

hockeypapa

Both Norwegian and RCCI offer unlimited internet on their ships for a reasonable cost (on the order of $20 per day). Princess's half a buck a minute, slam down the logout key, wait minutes for pages to load is Behind The Times, and we've been promised better.

WHY IS THE INTERNET COST SOOOO HIGH ON PRINCESS??? WE JUST GOT OFF THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN AND THEIR INTERNET WAS MUCH LOWER THAN PRINCESS!!!! JUST ANOTHER GOUGE OF MONEY FROM CRUISE LINES!!! COST OF A SODA $3.83 A CAN REALLY???:eek:

Captive audience. Sail RCCL then.

Considering your cost of living I'd rather live on the ship & purchase anything I needed in distant ports

or consider moving.

LOL

Salary makes up for it, but going virtually anywhere in the world is a cheap holiday for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

500ml is around $9.

You should stop drinking Feldschlosschen then :D Seriously, where in CH do you live? I lived in Canton Neuchatel and yes the cost of living is a little high, but as you've mentioned salary (not to mention quality of life and low tax rate) more than makes up for it... And a glass of wine or 330 ml of beer in a bar is cheaper than a bottle of mineral water...

WHY IS THE INTERNET COST SOOOO HIGH ON PRINCESS??? WE JUST GOT OFF THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN AND THEIR INTERNET WAS MUCH LOWER THAN PRINCESS!!!! JUST ANOTHER GOUGE OF MONEY FROM CRUISE LINES!!! COST OF A SODA $3.83 A CAN REALLY???:eek:

I have spent 70 days on Princess over the last year, including the Regal last week. A can of soda is $2.30 at any bar on board on any of the Princess ships I have been on.

Edited by RDC1

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

I would love to only pay $3.83 for a can of soda. $4.50 where I live.

Of course where you live many restaurants charge 5 francs (a little over $5) for a glass of water with dinner.

Edited by RDC1

I have spent 70 days on Princess over the last year, including the Regal last week. A can of soda is $2.30 at any bar on board on any of the Princess ships I have been on.

THANK YOU!I've been trying to get a price for a can of soda so I can work out what my approximate AUD$ will be. worked it out using 1.3 as the multiplier-my On Board Credit is USD$50 for a cost of AUD$65. It's about AUD$2.99 may as well calculate on AUD$3 a can. I did notice in November, the cans are only 330ml, not the 375ml I can buy at the supermarkets, so I might be getting some the day before embarkation and bringing them in a cooler bag. I know I can get a Buy 6 cans for the price of 5 on board, but with the smaller size cans, for me it's easier to bring-my-own. I already know to get some cookies for overnight munchies attacks, so I don't need to go wandering to the International Cafe in my dressing gown-not a delectable sight I fear!

We never used any Internet access on Princess until our 6th cruise when we were finally Platinum level. Once you reach Platinum you are given free Internet minutes base on the length of the voyage.

7 days or fewer 150

8-20 days 250

21+ days 500

On our next cruise in October both my wife and I will receive 500 minutes of free Internet access. On our cruise next March we will each receive 250 minutes. We will be on vacation. That is plenty of time for us. :)

As for soda... Your price listing seems quite inflated compared to what we have seen on Princess. If you want to drink soda and don't like the cost onboard Princess allows one to take as much soda aboard from shore as desired.

Edited by Thrak

Check and see if your cell phone has an international data plan. That wasn't too expensive, and we were able to use the internet when we were in ports on our last Baltic cruise.

Barring an emergency, we will also wait until we reach Platinum to use the internet on the ship (that'll take awhile, since it's hard to travel until our rugrats reach 3 and can be dropped off at the kids club)

THANK YOU!I've been trying to get a price for a can of soda so I can work out what my approximate AUD$ will be. worked it out using 1.3 as the multiplier-my On Board Credit is USD$50 for a cost of AUD$65. It's about AUD$2.99 may as well calculate on AUD$3 a can. I did notice in November, the cans are only 330ml, not the 375ml I can buy at the supermarkets, so I might be getting some the day before embarkation and bringing them in a cooler bag. I know I can get a Buy 6 cans for the price of 5 on board, but with the smaller size cans, for me it's easier to bring-my-own. I already know to get some cookies for overnight munchies attacks, so I don't need to go wandering to the International Cafe in my dressing gown-not a delectable sight I fear!

I'm confused...are you referring to soda or beer?

BEER is buy 4 get 5 (or buy 5 get 6, never bought any, so not completely sure). AFAIK soda is not.

No need to bring your own cookies for late night munchies. Just grab some from the IC, Horizon Court or Cookies and Milk time around the pool. Take them back to your cabin and put them in a baggie. Baggies are easier to pack than a box of cookies. :D

I'm confused...are you referring to soda or beer?

BEER is buy 4 get 5 (or buy 5 get 6, never bought any, so not completely sure). AFAIK soda is not.

No need to bring your own cookies for late night munchies. Just grab some from the IC, Horizon Court or Cookies and Milk time around the pool. Take them back to your cabin and put them in a baggie. Baggies are easier to pack than a box of cookies. :D

From Princess:

Canned Soda Package

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five:

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

You should stop drinking Feldschlosschen then :D Seriously, where in CH do you live? I lived in Canton Neuchatel and yes the cost of living is a little high, but as you've mentioned salary (not to mention quality of life and low tax rate) more than makes up for it... And a glass of wine or 330 ml of beer in a bar is cheaper than a bottle of mineral water...

In Montreux, so the chic element doesn't help. Get up to the smaller towns, Blonay, St Legier etc and it's slightly cheaper.