AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

2 hours ago, Denverdonkeys said:

Does anyone have a direct link that works for AARP Rewards? I signed up yesterday, but have been unable to get links to work to the rewards section.

See if this works: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/ Then just click Login at the top right. If you're logged into the regular aarp.org side of the website, click on the red toolbar at the top of the page where is says AARP Rewards and your points.

8 hours ago, amilicia said:

What is the typical turn around time for the AARP e-gift cards?  I placed my first order a few hours ago for a Carnival GC and haven't received so much as a confirmation of the order.  The order shows in my transaction history on AARP Rewards and my credit card was charged quickly....  I usually had the Allstate E-GC within a few minutes of ordering and always received an order confirmation.  Just hoping the website didn't glitch, because it sat on the processing screen for longer than I liked.

Mine have been quick. Possibly check spam folder just to be sure.

13 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I agree. Very quick for me. like minutes after ordering.  Check Spam and if you don't see them by tomorrow, I would reach out to AARP.

It finally showed up in my email at 3am this morning.  So, it took 17 hours to process this one...  I will chalk it up to the fact that I joined AARP, then the rewards program and bought a gift card all at the same time yesterday morning.  Probably just needed extra processing time for a new account.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

In case anyone is interested, here is a picture of the gift I received when I signed up.  Don't know if it's still an option or not.  PXL_20230820_233445800.thumb.jpg.978cbea12ba74b6cdb9fedbfd8e915d4.jpg

That can be very cruise handy if it doesn't have surge protection. I got the usb port which has 5 slots but no extra plug spots.

Edited by n6uqqq

26 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

FYI- I bought $2,500 in carnival cards off all state last week before I decided to join AARP. My order was canceled today. Full refund, they said it was a processing error, but I suspect they don’t have the gift cards any more. Buyer beware!

Oh 🤬 I called them today. And they said oh it’s taking 5-10 business days to ship. 🤦🏼‍♀️ AARP here I come. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

@Denverdonkeys which denomination?

I bought 5, $500 ones.  I just met checking, it had hit my credit card, and their website said processed but shipping “not available”.

My original Purchase date was 8/10 and they were cancelled today. So I guess they gave it the ole college try at 2 weeks.

5 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

I bought 5, $500 ones.  I just met checking, it had hit my credit card, and their website said processed but shipping “not available”.

My original Purchase date was 8/10 and they were cancelled today. So I guess they gave it the ole college try at 2 weeks.

Wow. I’m on AARP now! 

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Denverdonkeys said:

FYI- I bought $2,500 in carnival cards off all state last week before I decided to join AARP. My order was canceled today. Full refund, they said it was a processing error, but I suspect they don’t have the gift cards any more. Buyer beware!

The better discount on AARP and no shipping already more than paid for your AARP membership! You saved 75 dollars on 2500 dollars worth.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Now that we are all AARP members, I have this urge to start booking on HAL instead of my normal Carnival... the age thing is real!!

There's plenty of room on the Dark Side, aka HAL, for everyone  - come on over!!

Gotta say, does an ego good to be the "young 'uns" on the ship, lol.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Haha 3

Just now, Haljo1935 said:

There's plenty of room on the Dark Side, aka HAL, for everyone  - come on over!!

Seriously their Europe '25 came out.  That is my 35th wedding anniversary and I thought, hmmmm....how nice would that be??  I still get to buy the cards on AARP, so 10% off the top....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Seriously their Europe '25 came out.  That is my 35th wedding anniversary and I thought, hmmmm....how nice would that be??  I still get to buy the cards on AARP, so 10% off the top....

Absolutely and get shareholder OBC, too!! And military OBC, if eligible. 

HAL has a very nice vow renewal package that would be lovely for your 35th. We did it for our 30th.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Haljo1935 said:

HAL has a very nice vow renewal package that would be lovely for your 35th. We did it for our 30th.

I would get the $100 or $250 (might do a 14 day repo), but not military.  Not sure about the vow renewal...I would have to seriously see how the next 2 years pans out since we are now empty nesters (lol...just kidding!!).

Just an FYI..this afternoon I sent to Carnival my request for my shareholder OBC and I received a response in 10 minutes!  WOW!!  That was incredible.  If I only got my Carnival status to transfer over I would be thrilled!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

We're taking the HAL plunge for our 40th next year. I sailed them as a kid in '66 on a transatlantic - so it will be a return to HAL for me after MANY years !  Decided to go all out with a top suite. Should be FUN!

Tom

• Like 2