AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Thank you for the heads up!  I am lucky that I haven't had any Carnival cruises canceled, just a NCL girl BFF cruise, and we have that rescheduled for November (I am hopeful, but not convinced that it will happen).  I do have a family cruise on Carnival for January, and I am trying to buy gift cards every few weeks.  Since the oldest will be 22 on that cruise, the drink package for 3 will be quite a hit.  I am also hopeful for January, but realize if that doesn't happen, we will just rebook for another time.  I am not going to pay anything more on the cruise until I have to, just in case.  

Terry

I have a final payment due end of October. I’m hoping they start sailing Oct. 1, and then I’ll purchase the GC. Or even have some kind of sailing plan released and I’ll buy GC. The struggle is real over. I just want someone, anyone to cruise and tell me about it. I need a fix! 

• Like 1

We usually don't keep a stock of gift cards on hand anyway, even before all this. If we ever had to cancel for some reason, we don't want our money tied up in gift cards because we know we could probably use that money somewhere else. So we wait until final payment gets closer before we start buying them. It's pretty easy to do when they're in stock, but takes a little more planning when they're not. In those instances, we'll buy them earlier when available.

With that said, we do have a couple of them on hand ready to pay off our Jan. cruise. The only reason that happened was because I thought they're 12% off offer was going to be short, so we bought some for Jan. and our 2022 cruise. Gotta say, it's pretty nice when a $500 and a $100 card can pay an entire balance (minus the $150 deposit). We caught one of those good sales in April. But we do still need more for miscellaneous things. Like MeganGC, our final payment isn't until late Oct., so we'll get to see what happens come Oct. 1.

I am in no way worried that Carnival may have to declare bankruptcy. They financially prepared themselves for the rest of the year and I truly believe cruising will return before the year's up.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 2

I posted this on another thread and wanted to share here.  If you used a GC to purchase your cruise fare and the cruise is cancelled by carnival and you decide to rebook - the FCC is moved to the new booking regardless how you paid for it (GC or not).

If you used a gift card to pay for anything from the funshops (Cheers, Bubbles, Pixels... etc) you can call (1-800-522-7648) and have the items purchased moved over to your new booking, instead of waiting for a gift card refund.  Its best to do it the same day you move your FCC+OBC over to the new booking.  I just moved my Cheers - which I purchased during the 10% off cheers promo AND I used a 12% discounted Gift Card to pay for from a Sept 2020 cruise to a Feb 2021 cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jdoc2007 said:

I posted this on another thread and wanted to share here.  If you used a GC to purchase your cruise fare and the cruise is cancelled by carnival and you decide to rebook - the FCC is moved to the new booking regardless how you paid for it (GC or not).

If you used a gift card to pay for anything from the funshops (Cheers, Bubbles, Pixels... etc) you can call (1-800-522-7648) and have the items purchased moved over to your new booking, instead of waiting for a gift card refund.  Its best to do it the same day you move your FCC+OBC over to the new booking.  I just moved my Cheers - which I purchased during the 10% off cheers promo AND I used a 12% discounted Gift Card to pay for from a Sept 2020 cruise to a Feb 2021 cruise.

Good info.  Thanks!

19 hours ago, kikimom said:

Thanks!  This one put me over 300,000 points!  Now, just need a "for sure" cruise to get those gift cards for!

I just got myself sucked in today.  Fall 2022 on Horizon.  Celebrating our 32nd anniversary!  Or just two years late on our 30th!!!