AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Hey y'all, how's everyone been doing? Good I hope. I took a much needed break from the forum for a couple months. All the extreme negativity was making it unbearable. A quick glance at the first page of threads and I'm wondering if I'm gonna regret coming back before the shutdown ends. Admittedly, I haven't read any of them yet, I'm almost afraid to. What's the general vibe these days, have things kind of calmed down?

I have been peeking in this thread from time to time to keep up with the codes. But I'd sneak in the back so no one would see me. 😁 Big thanks to everyone who's been posting codes. There's been several that I never got myself, so those are always nice to see. I've come to the conclusion that Allstate figured out that we figured out their code-making tactics of the past (e.g. altered dates, etc.), which is probably why we see mostly original codes each time. That's ok, it was fun while it lasted.

Anyway, good to be back in the best thread on the Carnival forums.

Our’s is in January as well. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 I’m also not sure how long they will keep them at 12% off. I always feel like the next time they load them, they’ll put them back at 10%. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

20 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Our’s is in January as well. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 I’m also not sure how long they will keep them at 12% off. I always feel like the next time they load them, they’ll put them back at 10%. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Same worry here.  My April cruise is covered but I'll need a lot more cards if my other booked cruises actually sail.  Right now I am hesitant to buy more.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 12:26 PM, Joe817 said:

Well, hello my friend! Good to have you back! Hope all is well with you and yours! 

Doing good here, thanks. Thought about you and the Mrs. when that hurricane came through down there, but I think it turned away from you, didn't it?

On 9/6/2020 at 2:46 PM, bury me at sea said:

Welcome back OC.  I'm glad to see you here.

Boards still get some snarky posts, but resignation seems to be more prevalent than negativity.

I got the feeling that would happen sooner or later. A lot of emotions running wild, kind of like the stages of grief. I think people have reached the acceptance phase. We don't like it, but this is how it is for now, so we have no choice but to deal with it. I think it's a good opportunity to come together as a group of people who share a common interest and help pass the down time.

On 9/6/2020 at 3:04 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Welcome back OC! It’s groundhog’s day around here. I think most of us are just ready to cruise. 

It's funny you said that because I've seen this whole mess described as groundhog's day a few times. 😆 We have a groundhog that walks up our driveway almost every morning and nibbles on the vegetation that grows. I don't know if he sees his shadow or not, but it's time for this cycle to end.

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2020 at 3:06 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

22 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

All cards are back and still at 12% off. 

My suspicion is, they'll go back to 10% when the shutdown is over. I'm thinking they bumped it to 12% to help boost purchases during the shutdown. Or if we actually get part way through Oct. and there's no talk of another extension, they'll probably see a surge in card purchases and maybe drop it back to 10% then.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 3:25 PM, bury me at sea said:

Amen.  I've had 3 cancelled this year, one a rebook of the first one cancelled.  I am past ready.

I was extremely optimistic that they'd start up again before the end of the year, but as time passes, my optimism wanes a bit. I think Carnival's ready and willing, but it's all up to the politicians now. Not a great group of people to put one's faith in. Our cruise is Jan. 4th and there's an increasing chance that, if ours actually happens, we might be one of the first cruises back. Which would be weird because we were on one of the last cruises still at sea when the shutdown officially started. But honestly, even if we were one of the first, I don't have a problem being a guinea pig. I'm sure many of the safety measures that will be put in place will be the same as what we experienced back in March. And if by chance we're cancelled, we'll take the OBC and re-book as soon as we can.

10 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I was extremely optimistic that they'd start up again before the end of the year, but as time passes, my optimism wanes a bit. I think Carnival's ready and willing, but it's all up to the politicians now. Not a great group of people to put one's faith in. Our cruise is Jan. 4th and there's an increasing chance that, if ours actually happens, we might be one of the first cruises back. Which would be weird because we were on one of the last cruises still at sea when the shutdown officially started. But honestly, even if we were one of the first, I don't have a problem being a guinea pig. I'm sure many of the safety measures that will be put in place will be the same as what we experienced back in March. And if by chance we're cancelled, we'll take the OBC and re-book as soon as we can.

It would be pretty cool to be the alpha and the omega.  Or vice versa in this case.

43 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Doing good here, thanks. Thought about you and the Mrs. when that hurricane came through down there, but I think it turned away from you, didn't it?

Yes it turned away before it got to us. Didn't get even a drop of rain out of it. But the next week or so, temps here reached into the 105's or more several days in a row. Glad that's over with. Phew. My electric bill has gone through the roof. Thankfully, a cold front is moving through here right now, with hi temp today to be 81F. We don't have ground hogs down here. I think the closet thing we have are prairie dogs and they are not the same. :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

My suspicion is, they'll go back to 10% when the shutdown is over. I'm thinking they bumped it to 12% to help boost purchases during the shutdown. Or if we actually get part way through Oct. and there's no talk of another extension, they'll probably see a surge in card purchases and maybe drop it back to 10% then.

I think so too, but 🤷🏼‍♀️

54 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Funny you say that. We are booked Jan 9 and I’ve questioned if we will be the second week back cruising. As we were the week before the last sailing before the halt. 
Hope we both get to sail in January!