Outrageous Towel Policy!

Roce48

Wow, such a imposition, you borrow a towel and have to return it! What is wrong with people today? Aren't you lucky you're are in a place where the company lends you a beach towel. Years ago it was unheard of.

How would you like it if you handed out your towels to house guests, say 20, and only got 15 back? You then found another 3 discarded around your pool, but the last 2 you can't find. That's a cost to you. I would like to suggest that you won't be as generous next time.

It never ceases to amaze me what riles some people. I have to read them to convince myself the complaint is real. Talk about first world problems. At the moment I can think of many more serious issues.

No like button, so have to type totally agree. I have never found it to be an imposition, swap used for clean, how easy is that.

Uh Oh! I just received my news letter with the new towel policy! I wrote them a protest letter demanding that they rescind the new policy! Please join me and send them an e-mail also!:mad:

Newsletter_January_2017_17.jpg ROY_spacer.gifUPDATED TOWEL POLICY ROY_spacer.gif Check out as many towels as you like,

just return them by end of voyage to

avoid a $24.99 replacement fee.

(Effective 01/15/2017)

Jeez it went up another $5. Bring your own.

The problem is it is just another line you have to wait on especially on the larger ships like Oasis and Allure.

I have never had to wait and never had a limit on how many I can have on one sea pass. I agree do not see what the big deal is in fact I thought this was already being done haha.

This statement is so funny coming from you. It seems like every statement I've read of yours, you are complaining about something. I have yet to read anything courteous from you. Could you possibly be part of the reason for the change? It's all to easy to complain behind a compute. Do you even like cruising or just trolling?

Carol, Merion Mom, was on the Anthem cruise we just returned from and it was her second of two B2B 12 night ones. She is also on a 9 night Grandeur cruise starting next weekend and is Pinnacle with RCI C&A so that should sort of indicate if she likes cruising. She will have done more days on cruises this winter than you have likely done in your lifetime and as others have said Carol is typically spot on with her responses on this forum.

So what did your post add to this thread?

Absolutely nothing so quit being a jerk to others on this forum. :p

Or just return the ship's towels and pay $0.00.

Its not that simple. This policy will become another cash cow for RCI. It has happened to me in 2006 and 2009.

Check out towel, return towel...but even though the attendant scanned my card, and even though I heard it beep...it never recorded as me returning the towel. I pay off my statement before leaving ship...2 weeks later there's a $25 charge for the towel on my credit card. Since RCI is allowing their F & B managers to scam pax with post cruise charges, claiming they used the mini-bar, then RCI will allow the pool managers to charge for towels that were returned. RCI counts on people not looking closely at their monthly credit card statement and they count on people not bothering to call to have the charges taken off.

To reduce the possibility of a mistake, just make it simple: On the first day, check out your towels ... every time you need a new one TRADE IT IN, but don't return it ... on the last night of your cruise, return your towels and take your time to be sure your account is credited.

That is a good tip, much safer than continually checking out and in. We tend to do shorter sessions at the pool, with our kids and everything, which could lead to multiple checkouts and checkins per day. I like the trade in idea better.

Its not that simple. This policy will become another cash cow for RCI. It has happened to me in 2006 and 2009.

Check out towel, return towel...but even though the attendant scanned my card, and even though I heard it beep...it never recorded as me returning the towel. I pay off my statement before leaving ship...2 weeks later there's a $25 charge for the towel on my credit card. Since RCI is allowing their F & B managers to scam pax with post cruise charges, claiming they used the mini-bar, then RCI will allow the pool managers to charge for towels that were returned. RCI counts on people not looking closely at their monthly credit card statement and they count on people not bothering to call to have the charges taken off.

With that mindset, you might want to try a different cruise line.

This statement is so funny coming from you. It seems like every statement I've read of yours, you are complaining about something. I have yet to read anything courteous from you. Could you possibly be part of the reason for the change? It's all to easy to complain behind a compute. Do you even like cruising or just trolling?

You could not be more wrong. You obviously have not read much here because Carol contributes more new, accurate info to this forum than anyone else. I can personally attest that she very much enjoys cruising.:)

You could not be more wrong. You obviously have not read much here because Carol contributes more new, accurate info to this forum than anyone else. I can personally attest that she very much enjoys cruising.:)

WOW 2hearted, now your post has even got Bob riled up which is quite a feat! :eek: :D

Edited by robtulipe

I have for the last 5 years, taken two new towels every morning, and return them the next morning for two new towels (all used towels) repeat for the week or more, at the end of the cruise there have been zero charges on my Seapass card for towels. I flowride, which means I take two towels to the flowrider with me everyday. I dry them on my balcony and if they are truly dry or it is a warm weather cruise I may use them again, otherwise replaced. I have yet to be charged.

I think this is much about nothing as most everything here is.

JC

I don't care if I have to check out towels and then return them. I like that you can check out as many as you need now.

Returning them works great if you are using them on the pool deck. On an excursion, you have to either return them when you get back from the excursion, rather than going to your room, or take them later when you are cleaned up and carrying sandy, ocean water towels back to the pool deck.

On excursion days, I think RCI should have a towel return station where you board the ship. That would be good customer service.

UNCLE! After reading many comments, most of them applauding the policy, I can understand most points of view. But, I find it hard to believe, and depressing to think that a large number of cruisers steal towels.

While some may steal them, the last cruise I was on ship towels littered the beaches towards the end of the day, people just left the there, I'm not talking one or two.

It's disgraceful that people have so little respect for the property of the ship and the places they visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our recent Anthem cruise I was up early one morning walking to the solarium on the pool deck to take some shot at the front of the ship at around 7 am and saw a woman reach deep into the used towel bin when there wasn't anyone at the towel desk to grab a few towels to save lounges around the outside pool. I guess she didn't want to chance being charged if her lounge saving towels were takent. As mentioned above I had my camera with me but didn't take a shot of the pool lounge hog but I should have of her with her head right inside that used towel bin. :D

eeeeewwwwww yuk. She obviously didn't care what germs were lurking on those towels.

I don't care if I have to check out towels and then return them. I like that you can check out as many as you need now.

Returning them works great if you are using them on the pool deck. On an excursion, you have to either return them when you get back from the excursion, rather than going to your room, or take them later when you are cleaned up and carrying sandy, ocean water towels back to the pool deck.

On excursion days, I think RCI should have a towel return station where you board the ship. That would be good customer service.

On Adventure in December they totally did have that. They even beeped in your card as you dropped off the towels.