I thought Fountains had been discontinued

Turtles06

I thought I'd read here on CC some time ago that Fountains had been discontinued (presumably for health reasons). I'm on the Jewel now, and so I was surprised to see it performed last night. (Perhaps my memory was playing tricks on me!). Although this is our 8th NCL cruise, we'd never seen Fountains before. I have to admit, it was quite funny, but I sure hope they all used a lot of Listerine. :)

I've always found it to be part hysterical and part disgusting lol I know I would never be able to participate in all of the spit lol

The last time I was it, most of the CD staff was new, and couldn't keep it together. They kept busting out laughing at each other, which took away from it a bit. The best version I saw they were 100% serious, making it seem even more over the top ridiculous.

First time I saw Fountains I had walked into the theater by accident and it was about to be performed. I laughed until I had tears streaming. I hope it continues and doesn't let PC and thoughts of sanitation interfere with it. And...when done serious..super funny. Hey.....fun stuff....good times.....no serious......

When do they do it? What would I look for on the schedule so I can be sure we get to see it?

It is usually the last act in the crew talent show.

The crew talent show will be listed in the newsletter. It is usually held an evening or so before disembarkation.

Personally I find the act disgusting. I fail to understand how spitting water is not a health hazard.

I always enjoy the crew talent shows. But now I sit in the back of the theater, at the end of a row, so I can leave when that fountains act starts. Watching one was more than enough.

Edited by NMLady