Anyone want RCL to return to the West Coast Mexico sailings?

Would you book a West Coast Mexico Cruise?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Would you book a West Coast Mexico Cruise?

• YES
    • NO

That's because Mexico uses the army to protect tourists--and locals. They value their tourists (and their dollars). Do some reading on cruiselawnews.com You'll be surprised at what you don't know about the Caribbean.

Lol because cruiselawnews does not have sort of agenda when it comes to cruising!

I agree with last post. If Disney can go to Mexico so can RCI. Also the Panama Canal should be added in. I think RCI takes their name Royal Caribbean to heart.

Frankly I would like to see cruise up and down the west coast going to San Fran, or into Oregon. Princess does these cruise and they are popular. But really the Panama Canal is fun and should be included again into RCI cruises.

I also wish RCI would have more to Iceland. Did you know that Celebrity is doing cruises out of Dublin. So should RCI.

I too would be interested in RCI also sailing out of Dublin...I've just in the last few days been looking at X but would much prefer my RCI...no idea why RCI can't cruise more to Ireland/Scotland.

2018 Roundtrip Alaska from LA

Ships: Emerald Princess

Ports: Los Angeles, California | Vancouver, British Columbia | Juneau, Alaska | Skagway, Alaska | Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Ketchikan, Alaska | Los Angeles, California

Fri, Apr 27, 2018

Interior Stateroom starting from:

$1,699.00* USD

per person

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses additional: $230.00

Dates Interior Oceanview Balcony Mini-Suite Suite Fri, Apr 27, 2018

Emerald Princess

$1,699.00*

$2,499.00*

$2,954.00*

Sold Out

Sold Out

Guests 3 & 4 - same stateroom $599.00*

$599.00*

$999.00*

Sold Out

Sold Out

Lol because cruiselawnews does not have sort of agenda when it comes to cruising!

Of course they do--but that doesn't mean the incidents they publicize don't happen. And the U.S. State Department has been quite clear about a number of spots in the Caribbean. Do I go to those spots? Sure. But I also go to Mexico, and feel it is, in general, safer.

2018 Roundtrip Alaska from LA

Ships: Emerald Princess

Ports: Los Angeles, California | Vancouver, British Columbia | Juneau, Alaska | Skagway, Alaska | Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Ketchikan, Alaska | Los Angeles, California

Fri, Apr 27, 2018

Interior Stateroom starting from:

$1,699.00* USD

per person

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses additional: $230.00

Dates Interior Oceanview Balcony Mini-Suite Suite Fri, Apr 27, 2018

Emerald Princess

$1,699.00*

$2,499.00*

$2,954.00*

Sold Out

Sold Out

Guests 3 & 4 - same stateroom $599.00*

$599.00*

$999.00*

Sold Out

Sold Out

No reason why RCI couldn't do something similar.

I don't care about west coast sailing to Mexico but if the Maritime Service Act went away there could be some interesting sailings with USA itineraries.

Personally I would much rather see RCCL return to New Orleans. Much rather!

I am booked on the Vision for a b2b2b out of New Orleans in February 2019. Older ship, but great prices.

Brenda

Interesting to see Disney choosing to run out of San Diego...always figured part of the reason for Disney to enter the cruise business was to package cruises with visits to their theme parks/hotels...So, San Pedro would make more sense—closer to Anaheim...

But, I guess they have no problem filling their parks and hotels, so San Diego makes sense. There are some benefits to San Diego—pier is closer to airport, port closer to Mexican ports.

Nice to have Disney coming back...but doubt we will go with them—kids are grown...I’m still hoping for a return to LA by Royal Caribbean/Celebrity...

LA or San Diego work fine for me! Maybe San Diego would win only because the Airport and Cruise Terminal are so close.

Some creative itineraries would seal the deal for us. On the east coast but would love to sail through the canal to San Diego then continue to Australia and then back to west coast and back to east coast. There are other lines doing similar routes but RC is our go-to choice. May be too far out of the box for the powers that be. But fun to think about anyway!

So much for me thinking I had an original idea! ;) I usually only look at the front page when I find time to log on here...

Well, it appears too late to delete this thread, so lets see what folks have to say this time around.

It would also be interesting to hear why folks vote yes or no...

For me, it is just so much easier to leave from the west coast. Less flight delays, no time change and yea... a lot cheaper air fare.

My honest answer....NO/ No interest whatsoever for RCL on the west coast.

We enjoyed doing the Canal, Mexican Riviera and then the west coast, LA and SF, on our way to Vancouver and Alaska. If you don't have that much time, other lines besides Princess are available. Probably more difficult to compete with Princess out of LA as it is the original Love Boat. May do a quick some time just for that reason.

Would love RCI to return to Mexico and more diverse Pacific Coastal cruises. The Jewel offered a wonderful Pacific Coastal a few seasons back. In addition to an overnight San Francisco stop, we sailed to Monterey and Santa Barbara. Would do that again in a heartbeat!