Really ridiculous.

Dixie1337

I don't want to add to an already bad day, but that's not quite true. We've have a $500 perk from a Canadian TA for our next booking. I generally do the research and, depending on the need for speed to book a specific cabin, will either make the booking and hand it over to my TA just tell them what I want and let them make the booking.

np, that's good info to have going forward

I've already used the phrase once today but..

Crap IT Again!!

Appalling how often people post on here this happens. This is only the population of Cruise Critic as well! How often does it happen to others not on Cruise Critic!?

Their systems shouldn't even be possible of getting into this scenario

I paid my cruise (oasis of the seas, departing March 26) in full in Dec and it was showing a 0 balance owing. I logged in today and it shows an outstanding balance of over $1000. I called thinking it was just a glitch on my end and their records would accurately reflect things, but that wasn't the case. I've been on hold for 33 (and counting) minutes while they try to figure out how they lost my money.

Not how I saw myself spending the last 30 minutes and not a good experience for my first time booking a cruise. To say I'm angry is an understatement.

You're being an baby. Adults handle things logically. When you made your reservation you had to of received an invoice. When you made final payment. You also received another invoice.

Follow me so far? Wouldn't you have a paper trail showing a PIF. Why is this the end of the world. Easy to remediate. If you act accordingly. But it had to be posted like it was a direct FU only to your bank account. Let me know when it's resolved. Or are you now seeking compensatory damages?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're being an baby. Adults handle things logically.

Well. I'm sure this will help the situation. [emoji849]

OP had an issue and is reasonably (I feel) frustrated. They are working it out and felt the need to share their experiences on a website dedicated to sharing experiences with cruise lines, good and bad.

I'm sure calling them a baby just made their day that much better. Why add anger into the world? I hope you have a great day, I really do.

You're being an baby. Adults handle things logically.

Oh, I wouldn't say he's being an baby; perhaps he's am worrying a bit more than is necessary...but when you're talking about an substantial sum of money (as is was in this instacense), then it's better to be safe than sorry.

I already completed online checkin before this glitch showed up. I didn't book through a TA - I don't really see a point because canadian TA's don't offer perks. It would have saved me almost 40 minutes on hold but I would have felt just as stressed.

Anyway, it's definitely a glitch and they did admit that so at least I don't have to dig up the credit card receipts for proof of payment. I just have to wait for a resolution and hope they don't do anything dumb (again) like cancel my booking.

You don't see the point because Canadian TAs don't offer perks??? So what, neither do the cruise lines. No lose there. You would be just as stressed? So what, you are just as stressed dealing directly with the cruise line. It would have saved almost forty minutes on hold. Well, there you go, you would have been better off using a TA, unless of course, you really enjoy hold music.

You're being an baby. Adults handle things logically. When you made your reservation you had to of received an invoice. When you made final payment. You also received another invoice.

Follow me so far? Wouldn't you have a paper trail showing a PIF. Why is this the end of the world. Easy to remediate. If you act accordingly. But it had to be posted like it was a direct FU only to your bank account. Let me know when it's resolved. Or are you now seeking compensatory damages?

Rarely have I seen a post with so much empathy.

I hear you, I'm having ridiculous issues too. Booked our cruise in April for March 2017 with our travel agent, paid the deposit. In mid-Sept my card was charged almost $1400. I was confused because it was a few hundred short of our final payment, and I thought our final payment was in December. Called TA, she called RC, and there was a glitch in the system. They said they would apply the amount to our final payment and give us $250 OBC. Annoying but okay, fine.

Final payment rolls around... and they charge us the entire final payment not minus the glitch. We cruise in 27 days and it's still not rectified! I'm going insane. Our CC will not allow us to flag the charge in Sept, and won't let us flag the charge in Dec because "we authorized it" well... yes.. but not THAT much of a charge! Round and round we go. Our TA's company's lawyers are looking into it now. Waiting and waiting.

I hear you, I'm having ridiculous issues too. Booked our cruise in April for March 2017 with our travel agent, paid the deposit. In mid-Sept my card was charged almost $1400. I was confused because it was a few hundred short of our final payment, and I thought our final payment was in December. Called TA, she called RC, and there was a glitch in the system. They said they would apply the amount to our final payment and give us $250 OBC. Annoying but okay, fine.

Final payment rolls around... and they charge us the entire final payment not minus the glitch. We cruise in 27 days and it's still not rectified! I'm going insane. Our CC will not allow us to flag the charge in Sept, and won't let us flag the charge in Dec because "we authorized it" well... yes.. but not THAT much of a charge! Round and round we go. Our TA's company's lawyers are looking into it now. Waiting and waiting.

That's a really messed up situation... I hope it gets rectified soon!!

The Sept one might be too late, but you should be able to flag a charge that is too much. I have done that.

That's a really messed up situation... I hope it gets rectified soon!!

Thanks, me too! So so frustrated. Right now RC's offer is we'll hold onto all of your money and let you put it towards a future cruise plus the original $250 OBC offer from 5 months ago. Hahaha no. Not a chance.

Thanks, me too! So so frustrated. Right now RC's offer is we'll hold onto all of your money and let you put it towards a future cruise plus the original $250 OBC offer from 5 months ago. Hahaha no. Not a chance.

What. If they know they made a mistake why don't they just refund the $$. Who would accept that??

Really glad they don't have my cc# to auto charge!

The Sept one might be too late, but you should be able to flag a charge that is too much. I have done that.

Wells Fargo is being a pain about it. Right now we're letting the lawyers do their thing and if we're unable to come to a reasonable solution then I'll push harder with WF. I hate to do chargebacks but this is fraud and I'm sick of it.

If you booked with a TA, there won't be any payment info on RC's website. You must inquire directly with the TA.

Bob, Have you ever seen the payment section disappear when booked directly through Royal? I haven't used a TA in years and typically see the payment section, but my next two cruises don't show the information. C&A wasn't particularly helpful and I have copies of my invoices, so I'm more curious than anything.

What. If they know they made a mistake why don't they just refund the $$. Who would accept that??

Really glad they don't have my cc# to auto charge!

I didn't think they had mine on auto charge!! My TA has it and she texts me at final payment the amount she's about to charge, then she waits for a text back. RC just randomly charged my card. NO idea how and apparently they don't know either.

They seem to really really not want to refund the money. No idea why. They're a huge company, it's not even $1,400. To me, that's more than my mortgage and grocery bill but to them it's a drop in the bucket.

Frustrating.

Bob, Have you ever seen the payment section disappear when booked directly through Royal? I haven't used a TA in years and typically see the payment section, but my next two cruises don't show the information. C&A wasn't particularly helpful and I have copies of my invoices, so I'm more curious than anything.

Yes, I've seen that behavior reported here. The people had to call RC to make payments.

I just posted this. We are having similar issues and are SO frustrated! Hope our TA can remedy this...once again! Hope you get your issue gets resolved, too!

Help! Has anyone else encountered this problem? We have (had) reservations for the March 12 cruise on Oasis of the Seas. We received an email from RC Saturday night stating that our cruise, along with all our drink/internet packages and specialty dining, had been cancelled. Our travel agent spent a long time on the phone Sunday having all our reservations reinstated. (RC could not give a reason why it was cancelled.) We received the same email this evening. We called RC and were told that they cancelled our reservations because we had an outstanding balance of $80, although they could not tell us what the balance was for. Our invoice states that our cruise was paid in full on January 13. All reservations made through cruise planner were charged to my credit card, and all charges have posted on my credit card account. We were not able to get anywhere with RC, and will have to wait for our travel agent to contact them in the morning. Hopefully he will be able to rectify the problem. We are extremely frustrated!

I just posted this. We are having similar issues and are SO frustrated! Hope our TA can remedy this...once again! Hope you get your issue gets resolved, too!

Help! Has anyone else encountered this problem? We have (had) reservations for the March 12 cruise on Oasis of the Seas. We received an email from RC Saturday night stating that our cruise, along with all our drink/internet packages and specialty dining, had been cancelled. Our travel agent spent a long time on the phone Sunday having all our reservations reinstated. (RC could not give a reason why it was cancelled.) We received the same email this evening. We called RC and were told that they cancelled our reservations because we had an outstanding balance of $80, although they could not tell us what the balance was for. Our invoice states that our cruise was paid in full on January 13. All reservations made through cruise planner were charged to my credit card, and all charges have posted on my credit card account. We were not able to get anywhere with RC, and will have to wait for our travel agent to contact them in the morning. Hopefully he will be able to rectify the problem. We are extremely frustrated!

Hi suztocruz... I hope your travel agent is able to help. I can't believe they cancelled your booking twice! Right now I'm waiting until friday to see if whatever ticket they've submitted rectifies the problem. I feel really lucky I happened to notice there was a new outstanding balance.

I fixed it in the most inane way possible. If you are thinking "Dixie, did you go into your cruise planner and add a bunch of expensive **** you didn't want then cancel it all so it would give you a 0 balance outstanding on your account", you are absolutely correct. If you are thinking "that is moronic" you are also correct, but I don't trust anyone with a system that can screw up this badly to actually manage to fix things. Especially in the face of suztocruz's cruise being cancelled. Now I can just monitor this and not call anyone.

you know what the kicker is? NOW THEY OWE ME MONEY LOL:

Outstanding Balance*: $-162.42 CAD

I'm sure they'll fix this error in no time though.

I fixed it in the most inane way possible. If you are thinking "Dixie, did you go into your cruise planner and add a bunch of expensive **** you didn't want then cancel it all so it would give you a 0 balance outstanding on your account", you are absolutely correct. If you are thinking "that is moronic" you are also correct, but I don't trust anyone with a system that can screw up this badly to actually manage to fix things. Especially in the face of suztocruz's cruise being cancelled. Now I can just monitor this and not call anyone.

you know what the kicker is? NOW THEY OWE ME MONEY LOL:

Outstanding Balance*: $-162.42 CAD

I'm sure they'll fix this error in no time though.

I'm sorry to say but what you just did will have no effect on your current problem.

When you cancel something through cruise planner it temporarily shows up as a "-" outstanding balance. In a couple days it will automatically go back to a zero balance once finance issues the refund. In your case it will go back to showing a balance owing.

Sorry I didn't have better news.

I'm sorry to say but what you just did will have no effect on your current problem.

When you cancel something through cruise planner it temporarily shows up as a "-" outstanding balance. In a couple days it will automatically go back to a zero balance once finance issues the refund. In your case it will go back to showing a balance owing.

Sorry I didn't have better news.

told you they'd fix it in no time lol

Actually, most adults don't try to make a point by starting with degrading the person they are addressing.:rolleyes: Follow me so far?

Dixie1337. I just went through something kinda like what you are experiencing. Had some OBC gift certificates applied and it ended up getting all screwed up and showing I now owed $100. Well after final payment was due. I also freaked out a bit, call a few times, was told everything would be worked out. I eventually sent an email to mbayley@rccl.com explaining what was going on. Nelson Frau from Mr. Bayley's office emailed me back a few hours later, said he was on it and he was. Was fixed in a day or so. And he called me back to check up, said he was sorry and gave me another $100 OBC for my troubles. You might email them too.