Cruise Director Review

tx121

Who is your current/former favorite and not so favorite RCL cruise director?

Favorite: Richard Spacey (former RCL) / Jimmy Rhodes

Not So Favorite: Amy Fickert

I'm waiting for dozen or so contributors who feel compelled to tell you the CD makes no difference to them.

My favorite? I don't think I have one above several good ones, but I've only had one bad one, and fortunately she is no longer a CD. - Carly something, She was an older lady from the UK and we had her in 2014 on Jewel.

Does anyone have a picture of Graham? The only CD I don't remember his name was our very first cruise on Voyager out of Miami in 2006, I can picture the guy, but can't remember his name. I might have talked myself into thinking it was Graham.

I'm waiting for dozen or so contributors who feel compelled to tell you the CD makes no difference to them.

My favorite? I don't think I have one above several good ones, but I've only had one bad one, and fortunately she is no longer a CD. - Carly something, She was an older lady from the UK and we had her in 2014 on Jewel.

Carly was CD on our Serenade Cruise last fall. She was OK.

Does anyone have a picture of Graham? The only CD I don't remember his name was our very first cruise on Voyager out of Miami in 2006, I can picture the guy, but can't remember his name. I might have talked myself into thinking it was Graham.

Grahm2.jpg

Favorites: Richard Spacey, Leigh Xuereb, Dennis Charles, Abe Hughes, Dru Pavlov, Allen Brooks, Becky Thompson (and Steve Gayda on Celebrity)

Just ok: Jeff Arpin

Least Favorites: Carly Boileau, Jimmy Rhodes, (and Ken Mills on Celebrity)

We started cruising with RCI in 2012 and had Graham Seymour which was awesome. Then we tried Carnival and weren't impressed. I think Graham put the bar too high lol We definitely enjoyed his style and humor. Sad that we're not going to see him anymore.

Graham Seymour was our favorite! We went on this cruise when he was the CD with two other couples and he was so funny, we took our last names and made up British sounding names and talked with a British accent. This was in 2009 and we still use our British names when we talk to each other! I know you had to be there as it's not as funny on paper! 😜

Thanks Bob, It was not Graham I had back then on my first cruise.

Our CD on Serenade was Carly and we thought she was very good.

We have never had a bad CD, so maybe we are really easy to please.

In fairness, she might have been ill the first two days of our 7 day, she let Elvis Pinto do most of the work. Her Love and Marriage was very short, no original questions. Her Quest was equally short and the most G rated one I ever saw.

Edit: Ugh... sorry. I posted two pics of Graham and for whatever reason could not see replies below after your post so didn't think anyone answered you yet. I see Bob already posted a pic.

Favorites: <<<<Dennis Charles,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My favorite Dennis Charles moment besides this one :

gameshow.jpg

was when this guy showed up with about $10k worth of camera equipment to Quest. Dennis made him put it away or leave.

Mike S. from Canada. I won't even attempt his last name. He is no longer with RCI. He was by far the best I have encountered, very talented at what he did and nothing about him was annoying.... that is a very big plus.

Yes! My fave CD EVER is Mike Szwajkowski (Liberty-Miami & Voyager-Galveston)

Most recently in the last couple of years, I thought "Dan Dan" Whitney on the Adventure was excellent and funny. (best Quest in a while)

Favorites: Richard Spacey, Leigh Xuereb, Dennis Charles, Abe Hughes, Dru Pavlov, Allen Brooks, Becky Thompson (and Steve Gayda on Celebrity)

Just ok: Jeff Arpin

Hey Donna, I figured you might have some input on this. I doubt your records go back far enough to know who was on Voyager back in 06? Its bugging me now that it has come up again ;)

I agree - Carly was one of our least favorites! We had Ken Rush for our 1st RC cruise and he set the "bench mark" pretty high! No one has been better - but many have been close;)

I'm putting in a vote for Joff Eaton. I think he is brilliant...perhaps its just that we are both Brits and have the same sort of sense of humour, but we did a TransAtlantic with him and he handled the progressive trivia quiz brilliantly. There were over 140 teams and if you weren't there an hour before, you didn't get a seat!, so others must have found him entertaining too. He also has the best 'morning' TV show on board that I've seen...IMHO:D

Simon

I won't say the CD makes no difference; they make or break the onboard entertainment. However, my wife and I smile when we hear of people being friends with the CD's. I think we must move in different circles to them as we rarely lay eyes on them! We're extremely active onboard from around 6:30am-10:30pm or later, moving all over the ship, doing all sorts of things, and getting to know various staff members very well. But we don't see the CD much. :-)