Reservations for Luminae

schmenge

I know that one can ask for reservations at a certain time in Luminae for dinner, but wanted to know the best way to do that (before the cruise, through Michael's Club, right at Luminae when boarding, etc.), and if it is possible to request the same table/waiter each night (the one thing that I always liked about the main dining room).

Thanks in advance for you advice.

Luminae does not take reservations. You can let the maître d know what time you will be dining and request the same staff, which you will get, but not always the same table. We generally went at 8:00 and if there was a wait it was for them to clear and reset a table.

We had lunch in Luminae on the first day of our cruise on Constellation, and they asked us our dinner time preference. We had the same waiter each night and most nights the same table next to a window. Enjoy Luminae. It really is a very nice experience.

There are more suites on Reflection so you do need to express reservation preferences as soon as possible if you want to eat at a prime time. I suppose that would be by going to the maitre d' but no one has really ever made it clear. The Michael's Club concierge last February could make reservations for us, but she had nothing available before 8:15pm every night, and we were talking to her about it on the first day. There was one night that we really needed to eat at 7pm to accommodate a different event, but she had no ability to help. The maitre d' asked us to come at 6:45 and we still ended up waiting for 20 minutes. I don't know if there's a way to express a preference in advance. You could call the Captain's Club and ask?

We have dined in Luminae over the last year or so on Reflection, Infinity and Silhouette. We never had to make reservations and if we had to wait for a table at peak times it was always a pretty short wait. I do remember once on Infinity that they offered to come and get us in the nearby bar when our table was available. They did just that. Probably 5-10 min wait that night.

We were on Silhouette last month, and there was absolutely no need to make reservations in Luminae. Our dining times varied a little bit, but we were always able to be seated immediately. The window tables were nice, but there really isn't a bad seat in the room. Plus, plenty of room between tables which we appreciate.

We have dined in Luminae over the last year or so on Reflection, Infinity and Silhouette. We never had to make reservations and if we had to wait for a table at peak times it was always a pretty short wait. I do remember once on Infinity that they offered to come and get us in the nearby bar when our table was available. They did just that. Probably 5-10 min wait that night.

I was relying on everyone saying that would be the case but it was not the case for me on Reflection last February.

We just returned from Reflection and dined in Luminae almost every night without any problems. We went for lunch the first day and they asked what time we wanted to come for dinner. They do not take reservations between 6:30 and 8:00 because they want to be able to do 2 seatings. But if there is availability they will seat you if you just walk up. we showed up at about 7 or 7:30 and there were always a table without a wait. We did not have the same seat/server each night but weren't concerned about that. It's a small venue so you pretty much get to interact with all the staff anyway.

Incidentally we had a similar experience at Tuscan Grill-we were told absolutely nothing available before 9. We went there at 7 and the restaurant wasn't even half full. We were seated right away.

So don't get discouraged if you aren't able to reservations when you want them. Chances are you will still be able to eat when you want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums