Celebrity Edge bookings open March 13th

CRUISEBOY305

Regarding the cabins, the design you showcased is quite interesting, and of course the lowering window wall has been used on European river ships for almost a decade now. It hasn't made its way to ocean ships but maybe EDGE will change that?.

It would be interesting to see the designs shared between to genres - river and ocean cruising.

I had always assumed that the river boat 'drop-down window' design was not be strong enough to withstand ocean waves. However maybe it's been strengthened.

Just called Celebrity and they claim the Edge will be available online and by phone at noon.

We'll see. If I had the presence of mind, I would have asked her if there were any new classes of cabin.

Hi Schplinsky,

Had you asked about cabins, I believe would not have received a reply. I suspect they've all been advised to say nothing until the reveal.

That's what I'm hearing too (12 noon eastern time) for bookings to open - though I was wondering if Captains Club members will have an advance booking window.... though it does not seem like it.

Edited by Andy

Are they unveiling it on their existing website today then???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Hi Pier290,

I'm hearing there will be links to the live event via the Celebrity website, Facebook and Twitter. Hope this helps !

Hi Schplinsky,

Had you asked about cabins, I believe would not have received a reply. I suspect they've all been advised to say nothing until the reveal.

That's what I'm hearing too (12 noon) for bookings to open - though I was wondering if Captains Club members will have an advance booking window.... though it does not seem like it.

I believe that's 4pm over here, Andy :).

I happened to come across this on Celebrity's website, but the page is now bombing (I happened to have two windows open at the time).

Occupancy : 2,908

Tonnage : 129,500

Inaugural Date : Dec. 2018

Length : 1,004 ft

Beam : 128 ft

Draught : 27 ft

Cruise Speed : 21.8 knots

Celebrity Edge℠ marks a turning point in our approach to ship design. From the very first sketches to experiencing those designs in a virtual reality setting, every step was done in 3-D. From the incredible new Magic Carpet to the private plunge pools in our new 2-story Edge Villas, we could design the most refined ship at sea. The unique outward facing design breaks from traditional ship design. Aboard, you’ll feel more connected with the sea and the places you’ll visit in a variety of spaces ranging from our Edge Staterooms with Infinite Verandas℠, to our reimagined, terraced pool deck that offers even greater views of the destinations and shimmer of ocean. Now.. if I could figure out how to post a pic of the correct size :)

I happened to come across this on Celebrity's website, but the page is now bombing (I happened to have two windows open at the time).

Occupancy : 2,908

Tonnage : 129,500

Inaugural Date : Dec. 2018

Length : 1,004 ft

Beam : 128 ft

Draught : 27 ft

Cruise Speed : 21.8 knots

Celebrity Edge℠ marks a turning point in our approach to ship design. From the very first sketches to experiencing those designs in a virtual reality setting, every step was done in 3-D. From the incredible new Magic Carpet to the private plunge pools in our new 2-story Edge Villas, we could design the most refined ship at sea. The unique outward facing design breaks from traditional ship design. Aboard, you’ll feel more connected with the sea and the places you’ll visit in a variety of spaces ranging from our Edge Staterooms with Infinite Verandas℠, to our reimagined, terraced pool deck that offers even greater views of the destinations and shimmer of ocean. Now.. if I could figure out how to post a pic of the correct size :)

Good detective work!!!

Its crazy that we have had to become detectives.

I hear you, but virtually every cruise line is incredibly secretive on their newbuild plans & details until the reveal day comes. Thankfully, for Celebrity Edge fans - the wait is almost over.

Its crazy that we have had to become detectives.

Doesn't seem crazy to me. Cruising is a form of entertainment. You don't get to see tv shows or movies before their release date. The angst people are displaying here just goes to show the anticipation is working.

Think about how many bookings over the last few days wouldn't have happened if the Celebrity website had contained an obvious hint that this new ship was coming? [Not among the Cruise Critic cognoscenti, but among the much wider world of people viewing their website]