Celebrity Edge bookings open March 13th

CRUISEBOY305

I'm sure the French doors fold open in a way that the bed or nightstand will not block their movement. Celebrity spent too much time and money designing these cabins to overlook something so significant.

This being said, I would absolutely prefer a cabin with the sofa by the French doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would think that it has been planned for also; but I would feel better if it showed it that way.

I was going to wait to book the Edge when we are on the Solstice in June, but couldn't wait. Looking forward to January 2019 on the Edge!

In looking at the infinite cabin floor plan, http://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/edge-staterooms/, I am concerned about the cabins with the bed by the folding doors to the balcony. It doesn't appear that there is enough room next to the bed for it to be fully opened. I can't imagine that it would be designed that way, so perhaps the bed location is more away from the balcony.

I have the same concern and we booked one of those today. :)

We prefer to have the bed by the balcony on the Solstice class ships. But with this Edge design, if the bed is near the bathroom, it looks like there is more room between the bed and the wall. We thought we would like to have the bed by the balcony for once. That being said, we could not find one to book in the location we prefer. So I hope the stateroom turns out OK.

Two or three other things that I took note of with the rendering. Staterooms don't appear to have very much drawer space unless there are no refrigerators. They've eliminated the over the bed bins that I loved! And the closets look tiny.

And what about the mirror-like panels over the beds and across from the beds. Hmmm

Can't tell anything about the bathrooms. Again, they seem smaller than the Solstice bathrooms.

Has anyone confirmed if the cabins with the sofa beds are "Bed by Bath" or "Bed by Balcony"? I know they will alternate like the S class.

Sofa beds have the bed by the bathroom. If you look closely at the deck plans, you will see indentions where the bed goes.

I have the same concern and we booked one of those today. :)

We prefer to have the bed by the balcony on the Solstice class ships. But with this Edge design, if the bed is near the bathroom, it looks like there is more room between the bed and the wall. We thought we would like to have the bed by the balcony for once. That being said, we could not find one to book in the location we prefer. So I hope the stateroom turns out OK.

Two or three other things that I took note of with the rendering. Staterooms don't appear to have very much drawer space unless there are no refrigerators. They've eliminated the over the bed bins that I loved! And the closets look tiny.

And what about the mirror-like panels over the beds and across from the beds. Hmmm

Can't tell anything about the bathrooms. Again, they seem smaller than the Solstice bathrooms.

Host Jazzbeau cleared up my concern on another thread. The right hand doors fold out. The panels over the bed appear to be AC ducts. Quite a different placement for them. The bathrooms are supposed to be 20% bigger, but they don't look that way. They said there would be more closet space, but there sure doesn't appear to be near enough drawers or other storage room. I guess we will find out in just 668 days. :D

I have some of the same concerns as others relative to the drawer space with the elimination of the over the bed bins, and how the new doors open fully to not obstruct the bed or night stand, if bed is by the balcony.

I'm single and usually travel with another friend and we always separate the beds. On the S class, we book cabins with the bed by the balcony, so it maximizes room to get into the closet, otherwise it is a real tight squeeze into the closet. From these diagrams, it looks like it will be very hard to separate the beds in either bed by bath or bed by balcony location. Hmmm...hope the final design reveals more than these diagrams do.

Also, what about the drapes? It almost looks like they haven't planned for them. Where do they go when the glass panel doors are completely open?

Has anyone else noticed that the actual balcony is larger in the bed by bath cabins, and the actual cabin is larger in the bed by balcony cabins from the diagrams?

i-bKvhhxG.jpg

No, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out! :(

I hope it's just a rendering problem (as is the no-place-to-open-the-balcony-door problem and the no curtains problem.)

Also, the width of the cabins appears to be different.

The bed-by-the-balcony cabin takes a foot cut-out from the one next to it.

I think whoever made the drawings needs to revise!!!

They are interlocking cabins. The Solstice Class has them as well. The cabins are the same size. In each case the wall behind the bed indents into the cabin next door. This interlocking design enables the architects to add a few more cabins on deck compared to a standard rectangle.

I'll be booking a cabin with the bed by the bathroom for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Host Jazzbeau cleared up my concern on another thread. The right hand doors fold out. The panels over the bed appear to be AC ducts. Quite a different placement for them. The bathrooms are supposed to be 20% bigger, but they don't look that way. They said there would be more closet space, but there sure doesn't appear to be near enough drawers or other storage room. I guess we will find out in just 668 days. :D

Thank you for explaining the balcony door. ;) I do see the air ducts over the head board, but was referring to the long mirrored looking panel directly over the bed. Let's just hope it is not a shiny as it looks, although some may like that. :D

Has anyone else noticed that the actual balcony is larger in the bed by bath cabins, and the actual cabin is larger in the bed by balcony cabins from the diagrams?

i-bKvhhxG.jpg

You and Karen have quite the eye. Interesting! I read something yesterday that mentioned the new iPad like things that control the room. It mentioned controlling the shades. So I am wondering if there will be a large shade that drops down over the doors when one wants a darker room and privacy.

Thank you for the PDF.

The "Flying Carpet" contraption in this picture is a hideous feature which destroys the lines of the ship .

Perhaps it will be like NCL's Epic which many say is the ugliest ship afloat . Yet it is not so bad when you're sailing on it .

The "Flying Carpet" contraption in this picture is a hideous feature which destroys the lines of the ship .

Perhaps it will be like NCL's Epic which many say is the ugliest ship afloat . Yet it is not so bad when you're sailing on it .

I was a "finger pointer" when I first saw the Epic, but have since sailed her three times and have had good times (elevator shortcomings aside). Certainly this mid-ship add on is not easy on the eyes. If costs/guest cabins were not such a concern I could see having it within the hull, where it can be deployed out (then up/down) as needed, would have been a sleeker option - sort of James Bondish. :D

Tom

Thank you for explaining the balcony door. ;) I do see the air ducts over the head board, but was referring to the long mirrored looking panel directly over the bed. Let's just hope it is not a shiny as it looks, although some may like that. :D

You and Karen have quite the eye. Interesting! I read something yesterday that mentioned the new iPad like things that control the room. It mentioned controlling the shades. So I am wondering if there will be a large shade that drops down over the doors when one wants a darker room and privacy.

Thank you for the PDF.

I have seen a video from the announcement event where they go over technology and state that shades will come down from the ceiling and are electronic.