Did I miss something - Chops now $49 pp

Anyone have any idea what is on the kids menu? My daughter is 12 but likes to eat what we're eating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our Easter '16 cruise on Oasis, our granddaughters (8 & 5) ordered from the Adult menu at both Giovanni's & Chops, without problems.

I read on a previous post that they Were denied a salad at chops....so you are not allowed to order what you would like...appetizer salad entree dessert? Thank you

News to me. Only limited to 1 entrée and as many appetizers. Add'l entrée used to be an extra $10, don't know what it is now with the higher pricing. On our Feb. 3 Navigator, I ordered the jumbo shrimp, onion soup, small filet, coffee & dessert. Only problem, I wanted to use the specialty coffee coupon, but machine was out of order, so I went to the CL for my cappuccino fix.

Was it a special salad?

We eat in upscale steakhouses with some regularity. Maybe eight to twelve times a year. Was expecting that kind of experience at Chops on a recent cruise. Instead got very bad service and limited selection of meh USDA choice cuts of beef. Very much fell below expectation. Seems very odd to me that this is a situation where the cruise line could shine but clearly they've chosen to not shine. Odd.

We eat in upscale steakhouses with some regularity. Maybe eight to twelve times a year. Was expecting that kind of experience at Chops on a recent cruise. Instead got very bad service and limited selection of meh USDA choice cuts of beef. Very much fell below expectation. Seems very odd to me that this is a situation where the cruise line could shine but clearly they've chosen to not shine. Odd.

Can't complain about my meal in Chops. Service was exceptional and my fillet was like butter. Topped it off with this huge slice of chocolate cake with a side of vanilla ice cream. My only complaint, and it occurs on land restaurants, the definition of medium--got mine too rare and had to send it back.

I bought the BOGO for our trip on the Grandeur and also plan on visiting Chopps and Giovanni's. I paid $30/person, which is $15/meal/person. That's quite resonable. We spent more than that last night at Chili's.

I have just bought the BOGO for the first two nights and it was just over 28€ per person. That's 14€ per night. This is for Jewel in June and we will be going to Chops and Giovanni's.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I bought the BOGO for our trip on the Grandeur and also plan on visiting Chopps and Giovanni's. I paid $30/person, which is $15/meal/person. That's quite resonable. We spent more than that last night at Chili's.

If you enjoy Parmigiano Reggiano cheese ask for it at Giovanni's. It's not on the menu. I ordered the antipasto for 2 and this cheese was not on the plate. Asked our waiter if they had some, and he came back with some 4 pieces for me. A few minutes later he asked if I wanted more and I complied. Turned him down the 3rd time.

Also, found out about the sash around the Sous Chef necks: White is the boss, red is next, followed by blue.

Thank you for the cheese tip.

White, red, blue. Backwards alphabetical ordet. Got it!

If you enjoy Parmigiano Reggiano cheese ask for it at Giovanni's. It's not on the menu. I ordered the antipasto for 2 and this cheese was not on the plate. Asked our waiter if they had some, and he came back with some 4 pieces for me. A few minutes later he asked if I wanted more and I complied. Turned him down the 3rd time.

Also, found out about the sash around the Sous Chef necks: White is the boss, red is next, followed by blue.

We ate at Chops last week on Independence it was BOGO at $35 pp, purchased a few months ago.

It was very busy. Tables for 2 were seated very close to other tables for 2. I sent back the truffle fries because they had no truffle flavor and they were replaced with another bowl of flavorless truffle fries. The rest of the food was good. Service was polite but cold.

Chops on Enchantment of the Seas last summer had wonderful service and was much more memorable.

Can also remember lower Speciality restaurant pricing. We have enjoyed the meals in the past and will have to wait to decide once onboard. I too agree that I can wait and enjoy a land based restaurant vs thinking I have to somewhat compete via pricing model for a reservation.

I do have to admit, we tried Chef's Table when it was, I think, $80 many years ago. That included wine pairing and the wine flowed all during the multi course meal.

It is interesting to read about Dynamic pricing though. Their algorithm, I would think, is used to generate maximum profits.

Slight clarification - Scarves are Yellow, then Red, then Blue

Love the Parmesan reggiano cheese. Glad you were able to get it at Giovanni's.

Slight clarification - Scarves are Yellow, then Red, then Blue

Love the Parmesan reggiano cheese. Glad you were able to get it at Giovanni's.

The color schemes of the scarves were told to us by the waiter. Maybe the yellow one is the big cheese as we did not see anyone with this color in the kitchen, on the Navigator.

Guest maddycat

In Oct. '16, I was able to purchase a BOGO for the 1st two nights on our May '17 Anthem cruise for $30 per person. That comes out to $15 per person per night. We plan on going to Chops and Jamie's.

We did this on our last Anthem cruise and enjoyed it. The food and service were better than the MDR. It was a much more peaceful, pleasant dining experience. A very nice way to start the cruise.