Did I miss something - Chops now $49 pp

I also remember when Chops was $20 and the steaks were large and thick, but not any more. When Chops first opened they said the $20 also covered the gratuity. It's listed at $49 for my next cruise and it's not worth that price in my opinion.

Pretty sure they still say the gratuity is included.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Chops was $42.00 pp last week on Anthem.

At what point even the BOGO becomes unattractive. On the Feb. 3 Navigator the SR had a problem filling their restaurants. As a matter of fact, when we paid our bill at Giovanni's our waiter gave us his business card with a 20% off the next visit. Very unusual and weren't the only ones receiving said discount. They were pushing SR during the entire cruise and all over the ship.

NOT WORTH the price. While Chops is some what better than the MDR, it is not that great, when comparing it to a Pricy land base restaurant. However if you are celebrating some thing special it might be a good choice for a evening. If we decide to use a BOGO, I do it on the first night, to avoid the usual confusion in the MDR.

On Feb. 23 Navigator it was $35 per & Giovanni's was $30 per.

I just checked my upcoming dinner at Chops on Adventure because I just paid it and didn't pay attention to the price. I thought being that Chops was new on AOS that they might start it up higher, but I paid $35 each. I think Chops opens in Mid March for the first time and I thought Royal would use that opportunity to start it higher, but I guess not.

for every instance above (holidays etc). would the specialty dining pack cover this price?

This past Christmas the holiday sailings (Christmas and NY's) the specialty dining packages were not available to purchase. They raised the price of Chops and a few other restaurants to $75pp for those special days.

For all the other Holidays, yes the dining package covers all the restaurants other than Chefs Table, the wine pairings and the mystery theatre dinner.

Your sailing on the Anthem on Dec 14th is not considered a Holiday sailing.

On the Feb. 3 Navigator the SR had a problem filling their restaurants. As a matter of fact, when we paid our bill at Giovanni's our waiter gave us his business card with a 20% off the next visit. Very unusual ....

Not unusual at all. Has been mentioned many times here on CC and on many reviews in the past few years.

The Hotel Manager on board has the autonomy to offer sales in order to attract more business at their discretion.

Regarding the OPs original post and several replies... my most recent sailing on Harmony Chops, Jamies', 150 Central park and Wonderland were all $25 per person. Obviously I purchased the 4 night dining package for $100.

Not unusual at all. Has been mentioned many times here on CC and on many reviews in the past few years.

The Hotel Manager on board has the autonomy to offer sales in order to attract more business at their discretion.

Regarding the OPs original post and several replies... my most recent sailing on Harmony Chops, Jamies', 150 Central park and Wonderland were all $25 per person. Obviously I purchased the 4 night dining package for $100.

It was unusual as never got a referred a discount in all my crusies, and the feeling that they were begging for business. High prices cause a certain level of rebellion.

This past Christmas the holiday sailings (Christmas and NY's) the specialty dining packages were not available to purchase. They raised the price of Chops and a few other restaurants to $75pp for those special days.

For all the other Holidays, yes the dining package covers all the restaurants other than Chefs Table, the wine pairings and the mystery theatre dinner.

Your sailing on the Anthem on Dec 14th is not considered a Holiday sailing.

What the heck was included in the $75 per.

It certainly seems like that's the direction they want to steer people towards.

It was unusual as never got a referred a discount in all my crusies, and the feeling that they were begging for business. High prices cause a certain level of rebellion.

On Legend we were approached while dining in Chops. I think we got Chef's Table for around $60. :D

On Legend we were approached while dining in Chops. I think we got Chef's Table for around $60. :D

Not sure how I would feel being approached at dinner. Its taken a while for me to get use to sales pitches on the promenade as you leave the gangway on embarkation day.

On an upcoming charter Chops Grille is showing up at $35 per person. It's nice to see the cross-promotion for the Chef's Table at a discounted price. Something tells me that college kids are not going to go for it but I've been pleasantly surprised before! :D

Wine is included. 😉

For my March 2017 cruise on Brilliance, Chops is showing $35 and Giovanni's is showing as only $21 on the cruise planner.

Same prices on Liberty for March 2017 but the $21 at Giovanni's is a 30% off special they have going.

Sabor is $15 each for dinner right now.

Wine is included. 😉

Tisdale?:eek:

Unfortunately Chef's Table menus and wine pairings are not as good as they used to be. When they served Caymus Cabernet and the menu shown below we felt it was worth the $$.

c2ff01d64f0a4a47ba67200618029152.jpg

2cdb781b299b6da576470d4ff7c0e546.jpg

Oh, the good old days. On Oasis in October, the CT guy told us that his wine budget has not kept pace with the increase in the wine prices. So his $60-70 doesn't buy the good stuff any more.:loudcry: