Price Adjustments- A little tip if you have old bookings

kruzerci

We still have several of the open bookings and/or bookings from onboard that are at least a couple of years old. As some of you may be aware, Royal Caribbean changed final payment dates for new bookings from 75 to 90 days on 7 day cruises (at some point last year?) The new standard applies to new bookings only. So, if you have a booking from prior to this, the 75 day cancellation/final payment guidelines still apply.

Last year I used an open booking from early 2015 to book an upcoming cruise on Oasis for 2017. I booked this sailing when itineraries were released hoping to lock in a decent price. Fast forward to now. For most people booked on this sailing, they would have reserved it under the new guideline of final payment due at 90 days before sailing. As such, Royal Caribbean's revenue department lowered the price after the final payment date of 90 days.

Since we used an old booking, our final payment date was at 75 days.

As sometimes happens, prices dropped dramatically for this sailing the day after the 90 day final payment threshold. So substantially that prices were $700 lower than what we had paid.

Moral of the story, if you have an old booking, keep an eye on prices between that 89-75 day prior to sailing period. You'll be entitled to price reductions for those 15 days that most are not.

When I changed one of my old bookings the cancellation changed from 75 days to the new policy of 90 days. I questioned it and was told that it is like re-pricing you are subject to today's terms

I guess I lucked out because I booked Oasis a couple of weeks ago and it still has a 75 day final pay.

:rolleyes::o:eek:;p

That was only the second time I had changed that booking. My guess is that Ellen ran into the 100 change limit on the booking and was penalized.

My emojis went to the wrong spot!!!

Edited by molly361