Bottled Water

CarnieAddict

No bottles just cans. You can purchase a 12 pack of water for $4.50 through the Funshops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is one of those 'hidden' gems, getting bottled water for $.037/bottle, delivered to your room. I think Carnival realizes that what you don't spend on water you will spend elsewhere on ship.

I happily drink water from the tap in my Bubba (32 oz jug). I ordered bottled water on my last cruise just for convenience, so I could fill it up as I was getting ready for the day, and not have to worry about finding a spigot. My only complaint was that it wasn't kept cold. I went up to a bar to ask for a glass of ice to dump in (so as not to contaminate any thing in the back) but the bartender just dumped a scoop of ice in for me.

Unless you're addicted to bottled water, why not just bring a refillable water bottle? Although there are some that will debate the issue, the ship's water is perfectly fine to drink.

Can't speak for others but we buy the bottled water to take ashore on excursions.

I got a bad bacterial infection from "munching on ice" from my most recent carnival cruise. I

A bacteria that lives in 30-47 degrees and comes from ice from untreated water sources. ( or from mushrooms and i dont eat mushrooms )

I am allergic to water that has "minerals" added and carnival couldn't guarantee their bottles water had no minerals added. They would not allow my "bottled" water on board- even with a drs prescription.

( RCCL AND CELEBRITY allows bottled water due to medical reasons)

Thinking the ice would be a safe source i munched on ice - my mistake.

DONT TRUST THE ICE!

Im still on antibiotics and fighting this nasty bacteria! Thank you CARNIVAL PRIDE!

80fd1119c723bb570034c31e79fcf90e.jpg

Edited by justforfun25701

No bottles of anything. They only allow cans of soda still in the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does the soda need to still be in the case? I was asking a few weeks back because I want to split up our second case and just bring some of my favorite but have the bulk of it for my DH... I was told it doesn't matter, that you can have it loose in a bag, or a duffle or something, because they open the case and check each can anyway!

Does anyone have experience with this where Carnival expected the soda cans to be in the case?

Does carnival still allow you to carry on bottled water? And what about bottled pop?

The last time you was able to bring bottle water on board was July 2015. That is when we went and they said after July 9 2015 no more. But it is easier to order it from the fun shop. It will be in your cabin when you arrive.

Sent from my P00I using Forums mobile app

Does the soda need to still be in the case? I was asking a few weeks back because I want to split up our second case and just bring some of my favorite but have the bulk of it for my DH... I was told it doesn't matter, that you can have it loose in a bag, or a duffle or something, because they open the case and check each can anyway!

Does anyone have experience with this where Carnival expected the soda cans to be in the case?

I always bring my soda CANS loose in my bag. Never has been a issue

Unless you're addicted to bottled water, why not just bring a refillable water bottle? Although there are some that will debate the issue, the ship's water is perfectly fine to drink.

For us, its convenience while in our room. My spouse and I will each drink 1-2 bottles in the evening/early morning time. We usually also will carry 1-2 off ship while shopping in port.

I have a question.......

If I buy 2 packs of water, waiting for us in the cabin, and we go through it, can we order more during the week for the same price?

Does anyone know?

TIA!:D

Yes you can.

I got a bad bacterial infection from "munching on ice" from my most recent carnival cruise. I

A bacteria that lives in 30-47 degrees and comes from ice from untreated water sources. ( or from mushrooms and i dont eat mushrooms )

I am allergic to water that has "minerals" added and carnival couldn't guarantee their bottles water had no minerals added. They would not allow my "bottled" water on board- even with a drs prescription.

( RCCL AND CELEBRITY allows bottled water due to medical reasons)

Thinking the ice would be a safe source i munched on ice - my mistake.

DONT TRUST THE ICE!

Im still on antibiotics and fighting this nasty bacteria! Thank you CARNIVAL PRIDE!

The ice of course comes from ship's water which is treated and tested to US public health standards. CCL's bottled water is purified spring water.

Well, a couple of problems with your premise here. First off, the water onboard is not an "untreated water source". All water loaded in port, must come from a source that has been tested (at the hydrant used to load the water, not a generic water board test) to meet EPA standards within the last month. It is then chlorinated to 4-5ppm chlorine before it goes into the ship's tanks. It is then kept out of use and segregated from the rest of the water until a bacteria test is completed and found negative (18-24 hours). All water produced onboard is also chlorinated to 4-5ppm before it goes into the tanks. Then when the water is circulated around the ship for use, including the ice makers, it is continually chlorinated to maintain a minimum of 0.5ppm chlorine. The ice machines are sanitized on a monthly basis, running an hour long cycle using a sanitizing solution, not just a cleaner. I had one Assistant Refrigeration Engineer who spent nearly full time sanitizing ice machines, since once he finished the last one onboard, it was time to start the cycle all over again.

I would be more worried about the ice from ports of call like the Bahamas, given hurricane Matthew, and Bermuda, where drinking water is typically collected in roof-top cisterns.

I'll call that post out as well, sounds like a bunch bull. So, the other 3000 people did not get sick, just you, not really plausible. The ice is from purified water and ice will never get to 47 degrees

The poster has a valid point, in that the water that circulates in a commercial ice maker (it doesn't just fill up cups and let them freeze like at home) will go from the normal supply water temperature to 32*F in order to freeze, and there is always a reservoir of cold water in the machine that will be in the breeding range of several bacteria and molds (34-45*F). Contaminated ice, from sources as the poster says that are not treated, or from poorly maintained machines is quite common. However, as I've noted above, the ships have neither untreated water, nor unsanitized machines.