Luggage problem

Roce48

I have carried my suitcase on board before, and may do it again after this last cruise! Apparently, not just my AAA ship luggage tag, but also my Personal ID tag fell off. I finally retrieved it from Guest Services at 10 pm. Somehow from the point of my handing it over to the gentleman at the luggage drop it managed to lose both ID tags! That's laughable now, but was not funny at the time it happened. I don't gamble because of my luck, but what are the chances of BOTH tags falling off? :rolleyes:

When we went on our cruise last year, I was waiting and waiting for my luggage. Finally went to guest services and told them my luggage hadn't shown up yet and a couple of other people in line had the same issue. They took us to a room where several dozen suitcases sat and all the ship luggage tags had come off of them.

When we went on our cruise last year, I was waiting and waiting for my luggage. Finally went to guest services and told them my luggage hadn't shown up yet and a couple of other people in line had the same issue. They took us to a room where several dozen suitcases sat and all the ship luggage tags had come off of them.

I've read several places, you should put ID inside your suitcase just for this very reason. We always put our itinerary inside our suitcase as well as ID. It may be overkill but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last year one of our bags came much later without the luggage tag. We found the tag in the trunk when we put the bags in for the trip home.

Our normal luggage tag with our name was still on the big.

This year I put 2 RCCL luggage tags on each bags. All of our bags where in the hallway leading to our room around 1:30. We wound up wheeling them to the room a little later when we went to the room for the second time.

I've read several places, you should put ID inside your suitcase just for this very reason. We always put our itinerary inside our suitcase as well as ID. It may be overkill but I would rather be safe than sorry.

My luggage tag and the one I had inside was still there. The one missing was the one that tells you what room to drop off your luggage. It came off during baggage handling from the porters to the ship. Apparently it happens quite a bit.

My luggage tag and the one I had inside was still there. The one missing was the one that tells you what room to drop off your luggage. It came off during baggage handling from the porters to the ship. Apparently it happens quite a bit.

I put one of them inside also. I don't know if ship personnel are allowed to look inside or not. You might want to invest in some plastic cruise tag holders that have metal holders. You can find them online for a minimum of cost. Worth the investment if you cruise fairly often.

Our last cruise in 2015 for our NE cruise, I had bought the new holders with the wire loop and one got snagged on something in the cab and ripped off. The porter attached a new tag but my husbands luggage still ended up in the back room. I will go back to the Zip lock ties to secure the holders from now on. I also make up an ID and itinerary for each checked bag and place inside

Those of you who had your tags ripped off... how were they attached to your luggage? Were they the RCI tags (that you are supposed to fold and tape) or porter provided tags?

I've had the RC departure tags ripped off a couple of times, and had to go searching for the bag. That's what prompted me to purchase the tags with the metal loops. I put two of those on each bag.

Those of you who had your tags ripped off... how were they attached to your luggage? Were they the RCI tags (that you are supposed to fold and tape) or porter provided tags?

My adult son and some of his friends just got off the Liberty of the Seas. One of my son's friends, not a seasoned cruiser, packed his meds and didn't take a carry on. Of course the cruise line lost his suitcase. The on Board pharmacy didn't have his medication in stock. The line gave him an allowance to purchase some clothes. On day 4 they found his luggage. They gave him a lame excuse why it was missing.

Just a reminder to those who are new to cruising- make sure that you have all meds and valuables packed in a carry on or back pack, include 24 hours worth of clothing also. The lost luggage does happen to people and it can ruin an otherwise great vacation.

I have had that happen in the past so what I do now is I have 4 luggage tag on my luggage. One on the handles (top handle, side handle, bar pull) and thru the zipper pull. I place them basically everywhere I can secure them so if they all are lost then it is intentional.

The 1 time accidentally I never gave the luggage porter a tip my tag was missing and 1 of the cases looked like it had been dragged along the bottom of the ship.I now always put 2 tags on,pink straps around the cases with my wife's name on and never forget a tip and so far touch wood it has been fine.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

The 1 time accidentally I never gave the luggage porter a tip my tag was missing and 1 of the cases looked like it had been dragged along the bottom of the ship.I now always put 2 tags on,pink straps around the cases with my wife's name on and never forget a tip and so far touch wood it has been fine.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Let's see, the porter, in your plain site, only tosses your bag onto a rack. They did not loose, your bag, toss it around, and played kick the luggage because of your tip. Let's see, they will possibly loose their 80K - 120K job over a $2.00 tip.

luckily, after 20+ years of cruising, I have learned how to par down what I take, but, when flying to the port, I always get non stop, so IF by chance (knock on wood, never) my luggage doesn't make it onto the plane, I still have one or two days before to have it reach me. I always put a copy of my hotel reservation in the inside just in case. But when we are ready to go to the port, I pack as much as I can into my roll carry on and just leave non necessities into my larger case, so when I board, I have all my belongings with me and I can unpack as soon as we get to our cabin, so when our larger case appears, I just shove it under the bed

the CC tags are good , they have the plastic loops you feed through and i think were just 9 bucks for 4. but make sure you follow the order, mine was stuck and not processed after a few days

I had never bought the plastic tags until CC had the sale in January....mega cheap, they came in a few days and they are really nice, we sail in a couple of weeks, can't wait to put them on.

Each piece gets (2) TWO of those heavy vinyl holders with the stainless cables.

If our bag/bags are going to a hotel (pre-cruise) we put the HOTEL NAME-ADDRESS-OUR LAST NAME AND RESERVATION NUMBER in the sleeves. If the bags are going on the ship the printed Cruise luggage tags go in the vinyl sleeves

The standard leather tag with the little window that is part of the luggage gets a smaller (insurance policy tag) with our last name-ship-sail date and reservation number. Inside gets another INSURANCE BAGGAGE TAG.

We send our luggage ahead and are a little extra cautious due to the extra handling the bags will get..

bosco

I have always printed the free luggage tags and attached according to directions, folding and taping with a good clear tape (like a wide packing tape the post office or Walmart sells), covering all the vital information. Print as many as you want if you like putting more than one tag on as a previous poster stated. We have never lost any of these tags before or after a cruise and have to cut them off before the next trip. Paper is a lot stronger than you think when it's folded. I also put our name, address, phone numbers inside the luggage for identification purposes just in case.