New itineraries needed

Minoushka

:cool:i think cruise lines should offer new / different itineraries to Caribbean for winter vacations ,I would love more Southern Caribbean islands .ABC islands or others .I.m tired of same old same old eastern western routes ...done those many times ...Its time for a change ...plus longer cruises than 1 week ...12-14 days is best

I totally agree. We were going to plan a cruise for March and like the big new ships but were so turned off by the super bland itineraries for the away class ships that we just said screw it, we'll go to Punta Cana instead! Saved some money with that decision as well.

I'd really like to do a longer Caribbean cruise including the ABC islands next year. The only southern itineraries NCL offers are from San Juan which is a total pain in the bum to get to from the UK! So even though I'd prefer to sail NCL I'm looking at a really nice P&O 14 day itinerary. I hope NCL is listening to this thread!

:cool:i think cruise lines should offer new / different itineraries to Caribbean for winter vacations ,I would love more Southern Caribbean islands .ABC islands or others .I.m tired of same old same old eastern western routes ...done those many times ...Its time for a change ...plus longer cruises than 1 week ...12-14 days is best

Celebrity offers some very nice 10-14 day cruises, many going to Aruba and Cura?ao.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i would like to see aruba and and also southern caribbean added as well. nassau is a waste of a stop IMO.

also, no sure why , but there seems to be very few sailings offered now the first week of september which is typically a regular week for us. its basically alaska or bermuda, or the escape/getaway.

i would like to see aruba and and also southern caribbean added as well. nassau is a waste of a stop IMO.

also, no sure why , but there seems to be very few sailings offered now the first week of september which is typically a regular week for us. its basically alaska or bermuda, or the escape/getaway.

I was looking at October and only found Escape out of Florida.

Agreed! I'm doing a repo NY to Miami in October to hit some different islands.

I also will be on this cruise as is a change of scenery. After the Repo cruise I may skip next year at least as the East/West/South routes are getting routine now.

Agreed! I'm doing a repo NY to Miami in October to hit some different islands.

Let us know which islands have the infrastructure to handle the ships. If you get off the mass market lines and on the luxury lines they go to plenty of islands that you would enjoy. We have cruised to St. Barths many times, Saba, Iles des Saintes, Jost van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, Norman Island, St.Croix, just to name a few. In December we have a cruise that round trips out of Bridgetown and visits the spice islands and some of the Grenadines. What you want is there you just have to forget the big ships and the mass market lines.

Hmmm...we are booked for a Western Caribbean cruise of 14 days ( yahoo ) out of NY for a winter cruise....It includes Jamaica which I am happy about...and quite a few sea days which I love as well. They also are offering a 14 day Southern Caribbean at that time as well. We have done the Southern Caribbean several times already....so like others we are tired of it. Never did a Western one because we did not want to have to fly to Florida. Our cruise in Jan is the first one offered by NCL out of NY for that itinerary so we booked. I am not a fan of 7 day cruises.....too short. We did a 10 and a 12 day years ago and it was perfect. Can't wait for our 14 day in Jan.

The Escape is doing some different islands out of NYC in December/January. The 12 day December goes to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. The 14 day in late January does Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, Tortola, St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Lucia, Barbados, and St. Kitts.

I totally agree and even posted about this a few weeks ago - "Lack of southern itineraries and mega ships". I've done Eastern & Western aboard Getaway and wanted to book Escape next so we chose Western for the extra port day and what we felt was a better itinerary. I really wish they would drop Nassau or add a 4th port stop the Eastern routes.

Started looking for a nice 10-12 day Southern for our next trip and found some great itineraries aboard Dawn, but most sail out of San Juan vs Florida which adds airfare to the cost. One CC member pointed out Jade sailings out of Miami and I had totally missed those while looking. We ended up booking a 10 night with 6 port stops (San Juan, St. Thomas, Roseau/Dominica, Barbados, Martinique and St. Martin) on Jade for December 2018 and I'm super excited!

We are also interested in some new itineraries on NCL.

1. Long cruises around Hawaii and to another island, it can be Fanning Island again but that's not necessary. The one week cruises without seadays they have now is not interesting for us but we should love to cruise in that area again.

2. Different Southern Caribbean itineraries, from Miami and longer than a week. ABC-islands is a great idea.

3. Roundtrip cruises on the Baltic Sea from Stockholm.