Favourite Unique Drink?

D C

DW asked for a Caribbean Sunrise last cruise. Dinner waitress asked 'What is that?" DW; "Tequila sunrise with rum instead of Tequila." The rest of the week, she brought DW a Caribbean sunrise every night w/o being asked.

Our favourite is a "Last Voyage" as found in the Ensemble lounge.........

Ensemble 1.JPG

The Recipe I use at home is .....

Aperol - 40ml

Gin - 40ml

Cointreau - 40ml ( I prefer the blood orange version but it is only available in airport duty free shops :()

Pinapple Juice - 80ml

Lime Juice - 20ml

Sugar syrup - 20ml

This allways reminds me of the "ant room" on X Reflection :cool:

Yumm - to both!! I like drinks with a spicy kick. :)

Try making them with "Stoli Hot", Jalepeno infused vodka. Pretty darn tasty:D

My favorite drink from Celebrity is the Fresca Picante from the old Molecular Bar. Some of the World Class bartenders have made them for me.

.5 oz gran Marnier

.5 oz agave nectar

.5 oz lime juice

.75 oz pineapple juice

1.5 oz tequila

Muddle strawberry, jalapeno and cucumber.

Shake on the rocks.

• Like 1

On our recent cruise on Solstice they had a selection of cocktails in the Sky Lounge named for signs of the zodiac. Naturally I had to try the one for my zodiac sign - Virgo. It was scotch whisky based and was surprisingly nice, although it packed a punch. It became my favourite Sky Lounge cocktail. I don't think it helped me do any better in afternoon trivia though! ;p

I really enjoyed the Zacapa Above the Clouds at the World Class Bar on the Celebrity Reflection. It actually influenced me to buy the smoking gun and wood chips that they use on board. It is just aged rum infused with Applewood Smoke.

On our recent cruise on Solstice they had a selection of cocktails in the Sky Lounge named for signs of the zodiac. Naturally I had to try the one for my zodiac sign - Virgo. It was scotch whisky based and was surprisingly nice, although it packed a punch. It became my favourite Sky Lounge cocktail. I don't think it helped me do any better in afternoon trivia though! ;p

I think that one is called the Leo and it was my go to drink in the Sky lounge. It has JW Black label, triple sec, orange bitters and Soda (or something, I can't remember what they used exactly)

This thread has some great cocktail memories and really makes me want one. I loved the Milky Way, Espresso Martini and blue martini.

A few years ago, we bought one of the packs of cards with the cocktail theme, each card has a cocktail recipe on. Whilst it was an impulse purchase, they've been used a few times to recreate some from holidays.

This thread has some great cocktail memories and really makes me want one. I loved the Milky Way, Espresso Martini and blue martini.

A few years ago, we bought one of the packs of cards with the cocktail theme, each card has a cocktail recipe on. Whilst it was an impulse purchase, they've been used a few times to recreate some from holidays.

I tended bar for 25 years. I had customers come to me and ask what my drink specialty was. If I was really busy, i would tell them "Jack on the rocks". Or they would ask me to suggest something. Others would say can you make a ?????. I would ask what was in it so I could fake it - I would get - "I don't know but it was red"

I think that one is called the Leo and it was my go to drink in the Sky lounge. It has JW Black label, triple sec, orange bitters and Soda (or something, I can't remember what they used exactly)

No, the one I had was definitely the Virgo cocktail. It was made using Highland Park Einar. I had to query that as I knew Highland Park was a single malt scotch but I'd never heard of the Einar label. I'm fairly sure it didn't have triple sec in it either, but I can't remember what the other ingredients were.

No, the one I had was definitely the Virgo cocktail. It was made using Highland Park Einar. I had to query that as I knew Highland Park was a single malt scotch but I'd never heard of the Einar label. I'm fairly sure it didn't have triple sec in it either, but I can't remember what the other ingredients were.

Oh yea, I skipped that one because it had cinnamon in it. I do like Highland Park tho

Thanks for posting the Sky Lounge cocktail list, bottomfeeder.

Pineapple reduction, orange zest and cinnamon were the other ingredients. The cinnamon was actually half a cinnamon stick. It gave quite an unusual flavour but it went with the whisky. The pineapple reduction wasn't as acidic as normal pineapple juice but also not too sweet. It was a very interesting cocktail. I wasn't sure that I'd like it the first time I ordered it but I was intrigued to try it, and I did like it, very much indeed. It was very strong so I needed a glass of water on the side.

Oh yea, I skipped that one because it had cinnamon in it. I do like Highland Park tho

Highland Park is one of my favourite single malts too. Unfortunately I can't drink it straight very often as it triggers a reflux attack.

I haven't been on Celebrity in a few years, but I am going on the Equinox in July, so I hope they still have my favorite drink.

20 Year Martini

Celebrity Cruises 20th-Anniversary Martini Recipe

Ingredients:

2 ounces Grey Goose pear vodka

1 ounce Brut Champagne

¾ ounce lime juice

¾ ounce Dainzu rose-flavored syrup

Ginger passion foam

3 sage leaves

This is my favorite. Some bartenders don't know what I am requesting, I found it last at The a Passport bar on Eclipse in 2014.

quote=Dawniepoo;52497213]I haven't been on Celebrity in a few years, but I am going on the Equinox in July, so I hope they still have my favorite drink.

20 Year Martini

Ingredients:

1 ounce Brut Champagne

¾ ounce lime juice

Ginger passion foam

3 sage leaves

This is my favorite. Some bartenders don't know what I am requesting, I found it last at The a Passport bar on Eclipse in 2014.

quote=Dawniepoo;52497213]I haven't been on Celebrity in a few years, but I am going on the Equinox in July, so I hope they still have my favorite drink.

20 Year Martini

Ingredients:

1 ounce Brut Champagne

¾ ounce lime juice

Ginger passion foam

3 sage leaves

As a retired bartender it makes me laugh at a martini recipe made with vodka. (especially a flavored vodka.) Call it the 20th anniversary cocktail - but leave martini out of it. I would have customers asking me for a martini and I would inquire as to what gin they preferred. I would hear "gin?". I want xxx vodka!

• Like 1

This is a great list. I think I'll have to print out the thread and use it as a checklist. or put it into a spreadsheet :)

Ha! Good point! ;p

Please share your spread sheet - looking for new drinks to order besides my usual long islands. Thanks.

I discovered these amazing drinks at the Martini Bar a couple of weeks ago on Equinox: Black Forest, Chocolate Espresso and Fresca (w/ watermelon juice).

My go to drink used to be a Margarita, but I have a Mojito much more often nowadays...goes with everything and also thirst quenching.

I've never seen a Tootsie Roll on a cruise, but they great as well and simple. OJ and Kaluha, and yes, they do taste like a Tootsie Roll!

Pat :)

Just back from the Reflection...some new favorites for me...

#1~Nagasaki Batida (Sushi on 5)

#2~El Don Julio (World Bar)

#3~Taurus (Sky Lounge)

#4~Spicy Mangotini (Sushi on 5)

Can u go to SO5 just for drinks and not eat ?? [emoji484] [emoji483]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app