Favourite Unique Drink?

D C

Can u go to SO5 just for drinks and not eat ?? [emoji484] [emoji483]

Someone posted that you could. I personally think it would be awkward, but the restaurant is ala carte so you could easily go and order an appetizer or a roll and drink away. If someone is not a sushi fan, we LOVED their noodle bowls. One is big enough for two people and are $9-$11.00. Best service we had all week and we had great service most places. Gede on the Reflection was a fabulous waiter!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

On the Eclipse, I asked my favorite waiter, Willie, this very question and he said you could definitely do that if that's what you want to do. FYI, the drinks are made at the World Bar so there's a wait but the drinks are worth it. We thoroughly enjoyed Sushi on Five and went there many times during the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the following (some with minor changes)

Mojito - lime, mint muddled, gin (rum is standard), triple sec or simple syrup, seltzer. Sometimes they are made with Sprite which I have switched out for seltzer.

Aperol spritz - Prosecco, Aperol, top w/seltzer

Alluring aperitivo - Aperol, Hendrick's gin, Fresh pink grapefruit juice

Elderflower blush - St. Germain liqueur, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Fresh lemon juice, Basil, Strawberries, fill with Seltzer (Sprite is supposed to be used)

Mint lemonade - nonalcoholic

Fresh cucumber gimlet - Hendrick's Gin, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Cucumbers muddled & garnish

I second the aperol spritz for a hot day by the pool. I'll have to try the alluring aperitivo next time. And I liked the elderflower blush, too, light and tasty.

I'd love to suggest a grasshopper at the Martini Bar, for something different. If you are on Equinox, Marco at the Martini Bar makes an extra tasty one.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 3/7/2017 at 5:17 PM, groryjm said:

Our favourite is a "Last Voyage" as found in the Ensemble lounge.........

http://www.Moreton.co.uk/cpi/Ensemble%201.JPG

The Recipe I use at home is .....

Aperol - 40ml

Gin - 40ml

Cointreau - 40ml ( I prefer the blood orange version but it is only available in airport duty free shops :()

Pinapple Juice - 80ml

Lime Juice - 20ml

Sugar syrup - 20ml

This allways reminds me of the "ant room" on X Reflection 🆒

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I had to pass on thanks for your recipe for Last Voyage. It was by far our favorite cocktail from the Ensemble Lounge. Like you, we snapped a photo of the menu so we’d have the ingredient list, but this is so helpful!

On 3/19/2017 at 9:51 PM, Pier290 said:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Yes! i actually plan to do that. Their sushi rice is not to my standard so I wouldn't order any food there again, but I do enjoy their cocktails, if they happen to have the ingredients to make the drinks on the menu 🤣

On 3/12/2017 at 5:59 PM, MixerDave said:

As a retired bartender it makes me laugh at a martini recipe made with vodka. (especially a flavored vodka.) Call it the 20th anniversary cocktail - but leave martini out of it. I would have customers asking me for a martini and I would inquire as to what gin they preferred. I would hear "gin?". I want xxx vodka!

I used to think that way.  A martini was made with gin.  Case closed!  Then along came James Bond!  Seeing that he was the coolest man alive, I figured if he could drink Vodka martinis so could I.  So, I tried one.  Been hooked on them ever since!  

Elvis

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elvis1209 said:

I used to think that way.  A martini was made with gin.  Case closed!  Then along came James Bond!  Seeing that he was the coolest man alive, I figured if he could drink Vodka martinis so could I.  So, I tried one.  Been hooked on them ever since!  

Elvis

Too be fair to Ian Fleming a Vesper is mostly gin...... 

"Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel."

Screenshot_20221107-085710.thumb.png.f260fc876dd82510aa15ddfdeda61b62.png

I tried a Mexican Firing Squad on my Summit cruise in October and loved it.  I am usually into Bourbon drinks but wanted to try something different and this was just right. Not too sweet, and not too tart.  The Premium drink package always makes me want to venture out and try new (to Me) libations.

If we're going to bring this thread back to life then I need to add a few of my new gotos. Since this thread began in 2017 the WCB and Retreat sundack have come into my sights.

The Retreat Cocktail my Gastrognomes new fav

image.jpeg.3b8d52b3c401e87cc9cc7d8b473177c9.jpeg

image.png.65e2f21943a74aaf84b5de87f1394dbf.png

Edited by groryjm

That moment when you see a thread title and think, "I have to follow THAT one", only to realise it was your own 5 year old post coming back to life. 😅

With a sailing coming up, this is a great refresher! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, groryjm said:

"Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel."

Screenshot_20221107-085710.thumb.png.f260fc876dd82510aa15ddfdeda61b62.png

The formula - split base and vermouth - made Vesper qualifies as a martini variant. 

Thank you to the poster who reported an off-menu Creme Brulee' martini in the Martinin Bar!   

My DH and I were on the Reflection last November.  It was his first cruise, and he enjoyed Miami Vices, Mudslides, and the martinis in the Martini Bar.   Although I am a seasoned Celebrity cruiser, I finally discovered the Strawberry Fields beverage in the World Class Bar.  The only ingredient I remember is the whipped egg white topping the drink.   Can't wait to have another one when we sail next February! 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 1:42 PM, lizinindy said:

I love a SPICY cocktail--one that gives you a brief sore throat after you swallow! On the Solstice years ago, the female bartender made me a cocktail called, "the grass is greener." It was perfect--knocked your socks off with the heat!

Try a Matahari 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/life_style/13092377.diy-cocktails-making-spicy-scottish-matahari/

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 4:02 AM, groryjm said:

I tried one of these on Edge - I did not care for it.. 

14 hours ago, nimiq said:

That’s my kinda drink. Never had that but you think they know how to make on on Celebrity?

If so will definitely give it a try.

sea ya 

Eric 

It's amazing. I've never had it anywhere other than Glasgow, Scotland. But anyone who can make a margarita and has a chilli to hand should be able to cover it off.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:03 AM, DaKahuna said:

I tried one of these on Edge - I did not care for it.. 

I'm with you on that one!  I think of myself as a purist.  There is only one drink that should have the name "martini".  The only variation should be either gin or vodka.  IMO all other drinks that are called martinis are abominations.  Not to say that they shouldn't exist, but they shouldn't have the name "martini".  By rights, the Martini Bar should not be called the Martini Bar, but the Abomination Bar!  Of course, that would be a bad business move!  Anyway, like I said, this is just my opinion.  God, I need a vacation!

Elvis