What are you favorite ports?

We are trying to plan a cruise for 2018. Our favorite ports are St. Thomas and St. Marteen, but want to do something different and interesting. Would love to hear suggestions on your favorite ship and favorite ports, so we can try something new!!!

Thanks!!!

Barbara

We are trying to plan a cruise for 2018. Our favorite ports are St. Thomas and St. Marteen, but want to do something different and interesting. Would love to hear suggestions on your favorite ship and favorite ports, so we can try something new!!!

Thanks!!!

Barbara

Adventure or Jewel, Southern Caribbean.

Thanks!!!

Barbara

We visited Martinique last year and really enjoyed it...we also like Barbados (multiple times there).

St Lucia for the spectacular mountain scenery and Antigua - Valley Church Beach is one of the more amazing beaches that I've ever been to...the calm milky turquoise water is unlike anything I've ever experienced at a stateside beach.

It is very hard to choose as each island seems to have something very unique that makes it special. I would list St. Maarten as number one but St. Thomas, Aruba, Curacao, Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, and yes even Jamaica, all come to mind as places I really like.

Adventure or Jewel, Southern Caribbean.

Agree with Bob!! Adventure of the Seas is a wonderful ship. We just did a B2B on Adventure leaving from San Juan and visited St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, Barbados, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. All of them are AMAZING islands but we loved St. Kitts, Barbados, Bonaire and Curacao the most!! This was our first time in ABC islands and I would recommend it VERY highly if you haven't been!!

Such wonderful suggestions!!! I wish we could do them all. I do think we are leaning toward leaving from San Juan to be able to see more of the islands. We live in Florida, so it is hard to spend the money to fly to San Juan when we are used to just driving........

Such wonderful suggestions!!! I wish we could do them all. I do think we are leaning toward leaving from San Juan to be able to see more of the islands. We live in Florida, so it is hard to spend the money to fly to San Juan when we are used to just driving........

That is exactly why we go out of San Juan. We love being able to see as many islands as possible!!

Cruising out of San Juan opens things up to see a number of the Southern Caribbean ports - St. Lucia, Barbados, Martinique...just to name a few. We've done that 3 times (on Adventure), and those are some of our favorite places to visit.

Any itinerary from San Juan is going to get you some great islands in the southern caribbean. We've only been on 7 cruises but 3 have been from San Juan. We need to hit Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica and British Virgin Islands yet and I think we will have been to everything RCI offers on their cruises.