Have you been on Harmony in the last few sailings??

We are heading out on her in 2 weeks with 2 teenagers, so just wondering from people who have actually been on Harmony...we have been on Oasis and Allure, but looking for Harmony cruisers......As you can see by our signature, we have cruised a few times and have always taken our kids....now they are 14 (DD) and 17 (DS) and they have always liked to hang together.....

Have you bought the WOW bands and were they worth it? Thinking so because my kids both love the flowrider and swimming and seems like this would be easier than carrying / worrying about a seapass card, but looking for cruisers with actual experience with teens.....

How was the teen club?

What about Royal IQ? Was it worth it? We are thinking about doing this just to keep in touch on the ship......seems like a good deal - is it $7.95 per phone??

How about Wonderland? Our kids like to try different things - is it worth it?

THANKS in advance for your advice!!

Sailed Harmony in Feb. The only one of your questions I can address is about Wonderland. We thought it was dreadful. We were in a Star class suite so we didn't pay for it (not directly, anyway) or we would have been very unhappy. The service was outstanding. The food was just too weird. If it had been good, weird would have been ok....but it wasn't good or recognizable.

If you have any fussy eaters then beware.

We started with a table of 6 but by the end of the meal there were only 2 left.

I fully understand that food quality is subjective and there are plenty of people who rave about a Wonderland...but not me.

My boys (15 and 18) are on board right now so I'll be able to let you know their thoughts as I hear from them.

I do know they do not have the WOW bands and I don't think they'll be eating at Wonderland. I think my 15 year old will probably check out the teen club so hopefully I can let you know his thoughts.

My boys (15 and 18) are on board right now so I'll be able to let you know their thoughts as I hear from them.

I do know they do not have the WOW bands and I don't think they'll be eating at Wonderland. I think my 15 year old will probably check out the teen club so hopefully I can let you know his thoughts.

Would love to hear how they liked it and any insight into how teens feel !! :*

We were on Harmony in November 2016 with our family, (8 of us)

4 kids ages 5, 12,15 and the oldest who had just turned 18.

The 15 year old really enjoyed the teen's club, plenty for him to do

and that's why he loved it. He was always involved with doing something

with the other teens his age. For 18 year old, this was his first time not being able to

be with his brother at the teen's club like other cruises we have been on (since he had

just turned 18) he was a little disappointed.

He was able to find other things to do, but really missed being with his brother

in the teen's club on this cruise.

If you have been on Allure and Oasis before, then it's basicly the same thing, except for

some of the main attractions like the Abbiss (slide), Escape the Rubicon (puzzle room)

and the new production shows. There is plenty for the teenagers to do on this ship.

The sports court, flowrider, mini golf, zip line, the Abbiss, just to name a few.

We really enjoyed the 3-D movies and the Escape room as a family.

We all had a great time on Harmony. Food was good, and the service from our

waiters and cabin attendant were outstanding.

We chose Boardwalk balcony cabins and it came with a super nice perks.

We had a free soft drink package for 2 free, and dinner at Johnny Rockets for 4 free.

This was by far one of the best cruises we've had on Royal Caribbean.

3 of us had the wristband from previous cruises and all we had to do was

take it to the front desk to get it reprogramed, no charge.

So it's worth it to pay for it, you can re-use it on other cruises.

Edited by Angelsea57

Sailed Harmony in Jan. and used wow bands for myself and wife. This was the second ship we used them on. We did not sail with kids but would think the bands would be better for kids while on board. Still need seapass to off and on ship in ports

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just sailed on Harmony over President's Week.....I can tell you we loved the WOW bands....made it easy for everything we needed on the ship and the only time we really needed the seapass was to get on and off the ship. I did do the 'Behind the Scenes Entertainment Tour' and for that you needed the actual sea pass which had your C&A designation on it because the tour is only open to Diamond and above cruises.

We did not eat at Wonderland, but people who we know that did, loved it....but food is very subjective.

Thanks for the input! Would love to hear from anyone who disembarked today....my kids (luckily are pretty low key) are pretty flexible and have always enjoyed themselves on cruises!!! A few new things on Harmony, so wanting to know first - hand!!

Sailed Harmony in Feb. The only one of your questions I can address is about Wonderland. We thought it was dreadful. We were in a Star class suite so we didn't pay for it (not directly, anyway) or we would have been very unhappy. The service was outstanding. The food was just too weird. If it had been good, weird would have been ok....but it wasn't good or recognizable.

I fully understand that food quality is subjective and there are plenty of people who rave about a Wonderland...but not me.

Thanks for your input!!!

:*

Well, I am one of those people. I LOVE Wonderland. I have eaten at Wonderland on Quantum, Harmony and Anthem and truly enjoy everything about it.

I also like the WOW band and use it whenever I am on a ship that has them. Your kids who love the pool and the flowrider will also like the wowbands, since they are completely waterproof.

The Royal IQ app IS $7.95 per person for the communication function. I didn't use it, so I can't comment upon its quality on the Harmony.

Enjoyed your video and comments - looked like you had a fun trip! Thanks for the link! :)

I know it's long but there's a LOT to cover with that ship and seven days. Thank you for watching! It was a great trip! :)

I know it's long but there's a LOT to cover with that ship and seven days. Thank you for watching! It was a great trip! :)

Agree with one of your criticisms.......I had no idea they charged for some Room Service items!!! Not happy about that! That was always a nice little "perk".......oh well....:rolleyes:

We just got off Harmony on Saturday so I can add a few thoughts. We didn't buy the Wow bands ourselves since it was just my husband and I. He was on the flow rider all the time but just put his sea pass card in the velcro pocket of his swim shorts. For teens though, I could see there being a huge advantage to wearing the wrist band and not worrying about losing a card. If you do lose a card though, they are happy to replace it very easily for free at guest services.

For teens who like to use the flow rider, during the week there was a late night flow rider session just for teens where it was all lit up and no adults were invited. They would probably have a blast with that - in fact my husband wished there was an adult version haha.

We used the Royal IQ app but didn't need to pay for it for communication because we have iPhones and could just iMessage each other for free without the internet package through Royal Wifi.

We chose Chops and Jamie's over Wonderland because we weren't feeling very adventurous but I've heard it's good if your teenagers are up to trying something new and not picky eaters.

They have an escape room on the cruise that would probably be really fun to do with older teens, its a small cost but much cheaper than the cost of them off the ship.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask 😊

We just got off Harmony on Saturday so I can add a few thoughts. We didn't buy the Wow bands ourselves since it was just my husband and I. He was on the flow rider all the time but just put his sea pass card in the velcro pocket of his swim shorts. For teens though, I could see there being a huge advantage to wearing the wrist band and not worrying about losing a card. If you do lose a card though, they are happy to replace it very easily for free at guest services.

For teens who like to use the flow rider, during the week there was a late night flow rider session just for teens where it was all lit up and no adults were invited. They would probably have a blast with that - in fact my husband wished there was an adult version haha.

We used the Royal IQ app but didn't need to pay for it for communication because we have iPhones and could just iMessage each other for free without the internet package through Royal Wifi.

We chose Chops and Jamie's over Wonderland because we weren't feeling very adventurous but I've heard it's good if your teenagers are up to trying something new and not picky eaters.

They have an escape room on the cruise that would probably be really fun to do with older teens, its a small cost but much cheaper than the cost of them off the ship.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask 😊

Thanks for the great input! My kids will love the late night flow rider session - will be sure to look for that! Were the flowriders open on port days?? We are probably staying onboard in Nassau.....

My kids can be food adventurous, so thinking we may try Wonderland......thanks for the comment....we will see!!

:)