May weather Bermuda

Kimblizz2

I dont want to over pack. We are on Anthem Of The Seas May 6.to Bermuda 5 nights. Is it warm enough to swim? My mother in law is always cold and concerned for her, should we pack Shorts/pants/sleeves/no sleeves? Help me to avoid overpacking please!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

I dont want to over pack. We are on Anthem Of The Seas May 6.to Bermuda 5 nights. Is it warm enough to swim? My mother in law is always cold and concerned for her, should we pack Shorts/pants/sleeves/no sleeves? Help me to avoid overpacking please!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

There is lots of information on air and water temperatures on the WEB. Find it using Google.

DON

Bermuda is in the Atlantic, off the coast of the Carolinas.... water temps will hit the low 80's by the END of May....If you're from the north, you might find it refreshing, especially, if it's HOT enough to need to get wet!

Bermuda is in the Atlantic, off the coast of the Carolinas.... water temps will hit the low 80's by the END of May....If you're from the north, you might find it refreshing, especially, if it's HOT enough to need to get wet!

No, water temperatures don't reach the low 80's until mid to late June. Here are the long term average air and water temperatures in Bermuda:

http://www.bermuda-online.org/climateweather.htm

We did Bermuda & Caribbeans last year and while seas were smooth wether in Bermuda was .... pouring rain. We made an effort and still went to snorkeling park beach. Water was on a cooler side.

You never know what weather you are going to get there. Other two times we stopped in Bermuda in August weather was perfect. Two times we sailed specifically for Bermuda in July... we had many rainy days. First time out of two we saw a sun only for 3 last hours in Bermuda out of three days.

Island is still beautiful and lots to see and do.

It will be too cool to swim in the ocean, but you will be able to use the ship's inside pools.

I suppose if you are from south Florida that might be the case; but Bermuda sea water temperature in May should be in mid-seventies: that is about as warm as it ever gets along the Jersey Shore, the south shore of Long Island, Cape Cod and the offshore Massachussetts islands. Millions of people seem to happily swim at those beaches.