Harmony LIVE, March 11th - 18th. Come Sail Away!!!

Disclaimer: this cabin will have a lived in appearance.

View from cabin door into the room. The wood paneling to the right I think is the access to neighbouring main level washroom watt lines behind their shower. The only noise we heard from the neighbours cabin was that toilet flushing.

f75ed62363fce19e1db1ac3c6f746afa.jpg

View looking back to door.

1ddf2cd3d98e3a8bc09dd03bb9217107.jpg

View towards to back of the cabin, from the end of the hallway. The main level washroom is behind the artwork on the wall in the right of the photo.

05a2463fd0638c52969080e444168577.jpg

There is storage here and there are two safes in the centre unit. There is also a coffee maker that we did not use.

74db99e019a02138ef3d5ebb6a1a1558.jpg

View looking back. You can see how the couch is transformed into a bed for the evening. Storage is located under the TV and the fridge is to the right under the raised counter. There is also a dining table with chairs for four.

993a3d07a5206a628611bad5e6a2c073.jpg

Downstairs washroom. It has two shower heads, but no longer had the centre rain shower head like on Oasis and Allure.

bad8f2448e392523ab2d885a142cf2fe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The door to the adjoining neighbour's cabin. We did not hear any noise from this doorway at all. To the right of this door was a closet with an upper and lower rack for hanging items.

2b82f4bf7dcab772bc9bf8653e4cb2ee.jpg

Stairs to the loft. At night there is a switch to have mini lights on for every other step, or not on at all. This was a great feature as on Oasis Allure there was always a minimum of 1 light glowing all night. In the past we covered that light with a face cloth.

fb46d70732896e4c6217daf59930f9a6.jpg

Bed area in the loft.

9fa30c53313e7adbf339ae9aa8911fe9.jpg

TV folds down from the ceiling of the remote control. There is no longer a sheer than goes across the balcony edge, which is on Oasis and Allure.

da5682eac1c94ffa81ab2c90b528aacc.jpg

Upstairs washroom, has a tub with a shower head now on Harmony.

f7cdb4a2ed0308805a2f19719fb906a0.jpg

Lisa doesn't like it over the old double shower that was upstairs with the rain head, but she likes the glass half wall even less.

649c54bcccaacb5a7d4b278ecaddc58f.jpg

Glad to see the TV is not mounted on the glass rail like OASIS...It was too low and difficult to see in bed. I like the wood floor on the main level instead of the loft. The sheer has been removed on OASIS too. It wasn't there when we were on it in January. We have this room booked for January of 2018, and I appreciate being able to see it. Thanks.

Oh my god ................. I know this guy🙈

This guy ( like myself ) is from Co. Cork in southern Ireland and this pic was taken about 2 years ago about 10 miles from my home. It was taken in jest and put on social media to highlight the neglect our local roads were suffering and within 24hrs it made the National news 😄😄😄

BTW this guy is 6 foot 4!!!!! Crazy pic and crazy how small the world is!!

Loving the review although I'm just catching up

8f6d13c3ff2be069acf0625b445813db.jpg

Thanks so much for these recent picture. My husband and I have this same room booked (1724) on Harmony for the 5/5/18 sailing! We are taking my brother as a graduation present. My one thing I don't like is no privacy screen for upstairs.

From your pictures, I see you can see like the basketball court really well, but do you have a good side view of the ocean? (If we look directly below the balcony, will we see water or other rooms)?

Also- what's your periscope name?!

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone

A few other things we noticed about the cabin. The electronic curtains are now on button switches and not the old dial control which is on Allure and Oasis. Much easier to use now.

Currently the larges curtains work well at keeping the light out, but the curtain near the dining table doesn't go from window frame edge to edge. Some light does get it, but it wasn't enough to keep us awake.

The curtain upstairs beside the bed has the same issue and the light does shine on your face. I had a magnet with me so I checked the window frame to see it it would stick but it didn't. I was hoping to use the magnet to hold the curtain tight, but alas no luck. My solution was a bit ghetto but it did stop the excess light from shinny on Lisa's face.

69f199306fed134c4cffacae5cc32c31.jpg

There was no balcony noise when the doors were shut. During the ATS you did hear some cheering at the loudest parts but that was no different than on the sister ships.

There is no longer the Bose sound system hooked up to the TV, like on Allure. In reality the Bose didn't really improve the sound IMHO and the Samsung speakers did a decent job. This cruise we barely had the TV on.

Speaking of television I did check and the HDMI input and it is no longer easy to access from the back side edge of the TV. At least that was the case in our cabin. From following the cable with my hand if feels as though it feeds into the back panel of the TV, which would be the exact same as our Samsung TVs here at home.

Lisa did mention that the upstairs closet had no shelves and only upper bar to hang things on. It is a better set up on Allure and Oasis. She found this to be disappointing as it could have been set up way better.

There were many power outlets throughout the cabin. They also had two of these charging devices. One above the fridge on the main level, and another beside the bed in the loft.

c6b8aa1659651412cf93ff13ec8ab510.jpg

It was a great cabin to rest our heads for the week.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Thanks so much for these recent picture. My husband and I have this same room booked (1724) on Harmony for the 5/5/18 sailing! We are taking my brother as a graduation present. My one thing I don't like is no privacy screen for upstairs.

From your pictures, I see you can see like the basketball court really well, but do you have a good side view of the ocean? (If we look directly below the balcony, will we see water or other rooms)?

Also- what's your periscope name?!

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oasis and Allure the curtain was just a sheer so it really didn't do much, but I do understand what you are saying.

The one photo you are thing about was a 180 view with 9 photos weaved together. It was more focused to the basketball court. Here is a pic from the port side rail. The only thing below that you look straight down on the port side edge is the walkway that leads along the edge of the ship towards the mini golf. It has a wonderful water view.

ccf6dc9a8704e33d6497172ca01f8d10.jpg

This port side pic was taken from the rails edge.

b88fa2c1f308f07b5b48cbd4848193bd.jpg

You can also look down on part of the boardwalk cabins but not actually see the boardwalk. Here's a pic of "Ourusualbeach" and family out on their balcony.

c2579f6b6a6f739c0154562c6471b9b2.jpg

Edit: Andrew_1720 for Periscope handle.

Your hockey life looks like mine. Just wait until your sticks don't fit widthwise in the back of your car! We also have the drying rack that we call "Dan the Drying Man". Spring Bantam starts tomorrow with our first checking clinic! We are going to Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday to see the Blackhawks vs Panthers game. This will be the 4th away Blackhawks game this season and my kids don't know we are going! We leave Sunday on the Allure in the 2 bedroom ATS and have enjoyed reading about your trip on Harmony.

Another year and the sticks will have to be propped differently for us. Enjoy the game, it would be great to see Jager play and against the Hawks as well. Chicago has had many of our former London Knights play for them, so it's always nice to see them do well.

If you happen to have Frankie as your Genie let him know that Andrew, Lisa and Owen from Canada say hello. It would be greatly appreciated.

First - Anthony, I have loved your live review. I wish I had time to catch up on your periscopes too!

Dan The Drying Man!! We have a basketball and baseball player with similar all year long schedule - so there are ALWAYS uniforms, pads, etc on the drying rack! I am totally going to name him!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cel, autocorrect got you. It's Andrew. :) It always gets me, so no worries. The drying rack is great, a swear it had helped to reduce the stink.

Awesome review of your cruise as always Andrew.Congrats to Owen on his hockey. Good luck the rest of the finals. My boys hockey season come to an end in a couple weeks. My youngest is in the semis for bantam title this week and his last tourney is at the end of the month. Sadly my oldest didn't have the best year in midget this year. They just finished 2nd in a tourney though and have one more to do at the end of the month. Then the hockey "stink" will be gone for a few months.lol

The stink will only be gone until you open the bag again, and poof it's back. Hopefully they rest of the season goes well. We have been at the other end of the spectrum with only 3 wins one season and last year was a 50-50 season. This year has been the opposite, most likely never to be repeated again.

I bumped into Ourusualbeach (Ken) and some of his family after supper tonight. We headed up to Wonderland for a drive by dessert. It isn't something that they always do, but if there are a few remaining desserts available you can buy them.

I liked the first one, with meringue, ice cream and black berry sorbet. Delicious.

Hi, how can I check to see if this is available? Also, how much are these?

Thanks!

There is no guarantee that you can get it or that they will do it. We asked the maitre de at Wonderland and she had to check with the chefs if there were enough left over for us to partake in the drive by dessert. We were told the cost was $10 per dessert.

Glad to see the TV is not mounted on the glass rail like OASIS...It was too low and difficult to see in bed. I like the wood floor on the main level instead of the loft. The sheer has been removed on OASIS too. It wasn't there when we were on it in January. We have this room booked for January of 2018, and I appreciate being able to see it. Thanks.

I agree with you, they were mounted awkwardly low on Oasis. I preferred the carpet on bottom level but I think they went with the hardwood for cleaning purposes alone. I'm glad to hear that the pics have helped.

Oh my god ................. I know this guy[emoji85]

This guy ( like myself ) is from Co. Cork in southern Ireland and this pic was taken about 2 years ago about 10 miles from my home. It was taken in jest and put on social media to highlight the neglect our local roads were suffering and within 24hrs it made the National news [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

BTW this guy is 6 foot 4!!!!! Crazy pic and crazy how small the world is!!

Loving the review although I'm just catching up

I've been to Cork. Beautiful country side around every corner, unless you fell in the pothole. :) I hope you enjoy the rest of the review.

Well now that I neglected my family, and missed dinner, (reading 36 pages at once) I am caught up on your very entertaining live review!! As usual I have loved every minute. Thank you, and the family for taking us along. Hope you're feeling better. Can not wait for the next adventure with you!

Andrew, thanks so much for a wonderful review. Eager to hear about issues related to arriving at port at start of cruise. Not wanting to dredge up bad memories as it looks like your whole family recovered nicely and had a great trip. My family will be in 2BR Aquatheater Suite in July and are curious about problems you had checking in. Thanks in advance.

Andrew, thanks so much for a wonderful review. Eager to hear about issues related to arriving at port at start of cruise. Not wanting to dredge up bad memories as it looks like your whole family recovered nicely and had a great trip. My family will be in 2BR Aquatheater Suite in July and are curious about problems you had checking in. Thanks in advance.

Wait, I know it seemed along time ago, but what happened on embarkation when you boarded. There was "issues"

Getting to that today. ;)

Another year and the sticks will have to be propped differently for us. Enjoy the game, it would be great to see Jager play and against the Hawks as well. Chicago has had many of our former London Knights play for them, so it's always nice to see them do well.

If you happen to have Frankie as your Genie let him know that Andrew, Lisa and Owen from Canada say hello. It would be greatly appreciated.

Our Genie is Daniel, but I will ask him to pass your message along to Frankie!

Ok, post cruise wrap up and Star Class comments will have to wait for tomorrow. I have something much better to talk about tonight. It's time to be a proud dad, and proud parents.

Owen's hockey season is over. THEY WON!!!!! 3-2 and they are now the Champions!!!

329d1c6f30f2e014d9379037bdd19e93.jpg

A great dual team photo.

81a369eabb6b97b07babea9d28506346.jpg

Our team photo.

146eef3a38cb668e79985935123f878e.jpg

6ca6e140183196144c166b97ba8821e6.jpg

What great song for the drive home.

11fc506881b675f0ed8c00322e0819f8.jpg

This pose is starting to look familiar.

fc26b006affb38ffa9fbb97ce4aeb2bb.jpg

Ok, post cruise wrap up and Star Class comments will have to wait for tomorrow. I have something much better to talk about tonight. It's time to be a proud dad, and proud parents.

Owen's hockey season is over. THEY WON!!!!! 3-2 and they are now the Champions!!!

329d1c6f30f2e014d9379037bdd19e93.jpg

A great dual team photo.

81a369eabb6b97b07babea9d28506346.jpg

Our team photo.

146eef3a38cb668e79985935123f878e.jpg

6ca6e140183196144c166b97ba8821e6.jpg

What great song for the drive home.

11fc506881b675f0ed8c00322e0819f8.jpg

This pose is starting to look familiar.

fc26b006affb38ffa9fbb97ce4aeb2bb.jpg

Nice to set hat Owen was able to be part of that final game. Congrats Owen!!!

Their season has been beyond belief, most likely to never be repeated again. It is only his third season playing and this year he had a pretty decent run of 16 goals and 24 assists. He was in top the 4 on the team, which means there were three even better. That being said we had strong defence and rock solid goal tending.

This might not mean much to a few of you but to the sports parents these numbers are amazing. Especially, when you figure we had 13 players and 2 goalies, and with a local and limited drawing area with only 1 team in our age group.

The team we beat in the semis and finals both come from the same town. That community has 4 teams in the same age group.

Look at those season stats.

e60b26338f5136cc89a478a7e5e68f80.jpg

Second half of the season prior to playoffs.

ed7f6de9f072a9bb134a975f1c2104d7.jpg

Total season results.

29245c8d819f3e6c02ebd90f2a83cc4b.jpg

Owen with the crew.

9d761a5a3f25b5aa5783654cdaf7a070.jpg

Shaking hands after getting his medal.

cd92a95eccdb23973a9f6a99a41ba4ef.jpg

5312a49079d1789ba31a0b0f65278060.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Congratulations to your son and his team for winning their tournament!

Sent from my iPhone

The tournament Champs and more importantly the Adam A Divisional Champs. They are in essence the Champs over 28 other teams. :D

We have lived at arenas since September 6th until tonight - 6 months. It will be nice to have a few weeks before baseball and soccer starts up.