Harmony LIVE, March 11th - 18th. Come Sail Away!!!

The only day we ate breakfast at the Coastal Kitchen. If I had to pick one day, disembarkation day is the day.

Where did you eat breakfast the other days? I know JRs one day, but did you just do room service the other days? Other recommendations?

SaveSave

Andrew, thank you so much for sharing your vacation. It was great checking my email and seeing 'another update on Andrew's thread' and I"d be excited to see what you were up to today on that wonderful ship. During your live review we were waiting for the next cruises to be released. We took our kids on Allure last year and so wanted to try either Harmony or Symphony...similar ships + waterslides and Abyss so your report was perfect timing to have the ship fresh in my mind. :-)

Looks like you had another wonderful cruise. Hope that cold is gone and welcome home.

Thank you for sharing another of your cruises with us. I'm looking forward to the next one!

DH always got colds at some point during a vacation--anytime we had flown somewhere. We learned to NOT have the fan directly blow on us. No colds since then. Coincidence? Try it, and you be the judge. We think it's that's dirty airplane air blowing on us. I also thought it was going in and out of hot outside air and the a/c (mostly during our summer vacations to Disney World for me). Once we started flying to Florida for cruises, he would get sick. Then we read about the cold germs in airplanes. Knock on wood, no colds since.

Hope you're feeling better now that you're home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Welcome home guys! We are off the ship in the morning, but staying an extra day in Ft Lauderdale since it was a LOT cheaper to stay Sunday and pay for Monday morning air. Weird how things price out sometimes! Hope your cold is short-lived and the good memories made on Harmony last forever. Was such a privilege to meet you, Lisa, and Owen.

Mal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Mal. Safe travels home tomorrow. It was a pleasure to meet you as well. I hope you to continue to follow our future journeys and please jump in whenever you want. It's nice to hear from those following along. It means a lot.

Welcome home - we arranged some light snow flurries in honor of your arrival :o

Glad you are settled on the couch - I know the feeling, vacations are fantastic, but it's always good to come home!

Looking forward to more insights about your cruise, and of course pics of the cabin!

Thanks for the weather, yuck! The good thing is we get to see the last of the snow melt. There was none until 10 minutes from our house. Gotta love the snow belt. Pics hopefully tonight.

Welcome Home, to you and your Family. I thoroughly enjoyed following your live blog here.

You did a phenomenal job Periscoping all week, as well as supporting the Royal Caribbean Periscopers!!!!

Thank You so Much, for taking the time to share your vacation with all of us!!!! [emoji847] I hope I get the chance to meet you, and Family, in the Near Future!!!

I have you to thank, as the first periscoper I ever watched, & igniting my Periscope addiction, Positive outcome of my Addiction, having a Successful Cruise Periscope Group.

I hope you feel better soon, as well.

Thanks Again Andrew!!!!

@CruisingKat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Kat, as always thank-you for the kind words. I apologize for creating for addiction. [emoji3]

The only day we ate breakfast at the Coastal Kitchen. If I had to pick one day, disembarkation day is the day.

Where did you eat breakfast the other days? I know JRs one day, but did you just do room service the other days? Other recommendations?

SaveSave

We ate at breakfast at JR everyday, except the last day. Creatures of habit.

Another great one Andrew! Keep em coming!

If I could be live every week it could be awesome.[emoji12]

Andrew, thank you so much for sharing your vacation. It was great checking my email and seeing 'another update on Andrew's thread' and I"d be excited to see what you were up to today on that wonderful ship. During your live review we were waiting for the next cruises to be released. We took our kids on Allure last year and so wanted to try either Harmony or Symphony...similar ships + waterslides and Abyss so your report was perfect timing to have the ship fresh in my mind. :-)

Looks like you had another wonderful cruise. Hope that cold is gone and welcome home.

Thank-you Lu.

Thank you for sharing another of your cruises with us. I'm looking forward to the next one!

DH always got colds at some point during a vacation--anytime we had flown somewhere. We learned to NOT have the fan directly blow on us. No colds since then. Coincidence? Try it, and you be the judge. We think it's that's dirty airplane air blowing on us. I also thought it was going in and out of hot outside air and the a/c (mostly during our summer vacations to Disney World for me). Once we started flying to Florida for cruises, he would get sick. Then we read about the cold germs in airplanes. Knock on wood, no colds since.

Hope you're feeling better now that you're home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You have a great theory, especially relating to the plane.

I used to work outside 85% of time all year and going from temps of extremes to either hot to cold or vice versa is also a big cold maker. Even when dressed in layers in the winter if your under layer got sweaty you needed to change it ASAP to avoid getting a cold. Once I started spending more time in the office I definitely had less colds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great review!! Thanks so much for sharing!! Looked like you had another wonderful cruise! Hope you feel better soon and can't wait until your next one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm counting down the days until September 30th.

Many thanks for the thorough and enjoyable report. Can't wait for my turn in October! :D

October can't come soon enough I bet. [emoji3]

Thanks for the virtual cruise with you, Lisa and Owen!! Take care of yourself and feel better soon!! Until next time, .............. CHEERS!!:cool:

Thanks Sal. I hope you and Tom are doing well. Hopefully we can get the gang together again.

Great review! Maybe we will sail on Harmony in the near future. Thanks!

We had a great time on Harmony, a much better experience than our November cruise on her.

A couple of pics from take off. Bye Harmony.

12afa8e85e3ac8e7a9b66a65f8d9d1ac.jpg

The first thing I obviously noticed was the flow riders.

Then I looked at the next pic. We took off at approximately 11:45 and noticed something. Look at how empty the outside of the terminal is. A handful of cars and that's about it. Amazing the difference of a few hours.

ac543f5de2a877f1e6fa5673a498d81a.jpg

I had mentioned Lisa's seat mate yesterday and I will try to give you a shortened version of what her 2.5 hour flight was like.

We met the gent, who we later found out his name was LV, in the gate area prior to boarding. His personality was larger than he was, and he himself told Lisa he weighed 280lbs. He had longer hair, wore sunglasses inside the airport and the entire flight with a ball cap on backwards. His boisterous personality actually scared two younger children at the gateway.

He struck up conversations with the people around him asking where they lived and why they were in Florida. Canadians were an easy target. When someone asked him where he was from and where he was going he proclaimed that he was a house keeper that he was being sent from Boca to Detroit for a week and then to Manhattan. MMM, we thought. I think everyone thought, I sure hope we don't sit beside him.

When it came to pre-boarding and business class he was went in. I don't mention it, but we do fly business as well. As it turns out, guess who was sitting beside Lisa. We always rotate who sits with Owen, each taking either turn one way down and the other back. I think I lucked out this time.

Before the plane door was shut he had already learned all of our names and then proclaimed to Lisa that he will be in our top 5 of worst seat mates ever. He said it loud enough that all of the plane could have heard it.

By the time we pushed off the gate and the safety video was about to start LV was still loudly gabbing to Lisa. Just then the older lady in the seat in front of me, 2A, sprung up like lightning and shushed Lisa and stated "some of us want to hear this video". Up until that moment the man in 2B, her husband, had been laughing a fair amount about LV interactions. The husband quickly quieted up as well.

By the time we taxied to the end of the runway he had already told me that Lisa should get a job and informed me that she does talk a lot. He said it in a hilarious way, with no form of meanness. It was more of a joking matter of fact. He even said his wife hadn't worked in 27 years and that I should put my foot down now before TVs to late.

Lisa is a chatty one with a good sense of humour so they actually made a good pair for the flight back to Detroit. Lisa told me when we were driving home that one of the first things she said to him was you don't clean those houses do you.

He responded that he actually owned the houses and that he stopped cleaning them, and doing any house work in 2014. That's when he informed his wife that "I do what I want", and he no longer wanted to do housework.

Lisa also overheard his cell phone call just after the plane door shut to his wife. The wife said you better not be day drinking. Needless to say he had three Vodkas on the flight, and one was a double. We won't tell her. ;)

During the flight Lisa and LV had hilarious conversations. She learned about his wife and family, his time in the NFL for the Chiefs and his post football career. He actually runs a large company that manages over 12,000 apartments in 9 states. It is actually great that he was doing a bit of day drinking as we never would have got to meet him.

He also told me, to get Lisa a job. He also informed me to frequently say, "I do what I want". He did tell Owen though to listen to his mom and his teachers and work hard in school. Even though there was a lot of joking he did have a serious side.

I think the best moment of the flight was shortly after we landed and were about to disembark. LV loudly stated to Lisa "you better watch out for the old woman that bug eyed on you". In reality it should have been him.

The older lady in the row in front of us slowly disembarked and then proceeded to sit down in a waiting wheel chair. Lisa, Owen and I passed by her. LV the. proceeded to stop and told her "to have a good day" and he then proceeded to say "that woman beside me was crazy".

LV knew that we could hear him as we waited for him in the jetway. He then said to Lisa "I totally threw you under the bus. I love causing that type of sh/t". We walked all the way with him to the luggage carousel laughing and there we parted ways as he waited for his wife to pick him up.

We informed him that he is in our top 5 of favourite people we have ever flown with, even though every tenth word he said can't be published on CC. I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of our new friend.

Customs coming back into Canada with Nexus took less than 1 minute. I felt for the 100 cars that were waiting for at least 45-60 minutes.

Agent: Do you have anything to declare.

Me: No.

Agent: Have a good day.

Me: Thanks.

Now instead of living out a suitcase we are living at the arena again. Some of this will look familiar to you.

8009cbe2cf3429cff9e1d70ee1e501a2.jpg

8cd90698ee2adeecb3cef2c4862c25b7.jpg

Owen played tonight, but before his game started there was some excitement at the arena.

ceeeaa102d667930c8232d4f7d800ec3.jpg

A Lucan Pee Wee team won the Ontario Championship game today. They were whisked away in firetrucks with horns blaring for a celebratory loop around the community. Small town living at its best.

Owen's team is is playing in the finals of their divisional championship and the series was tied 1 game a piece. They were down 2-1 for a few minutes in the third but it was quickly tied up. Owen scored the game winner with just under 4 minutes left in the third. They pulled their goalie and with 1.5 minutes left we got an empty net goal.

The next game is Tuesday and the first to 6 points is the victor. We now have 4.

Owen with his medal from the tournament while we were gone. I'm not sure if the finger is for #1 or to pull his finger for fart time.

6a4b6ece72adce8f4c7e8d165af69096.jpg

I always love your reviews. I enjoyed the journey!

Congrats to Owen on his hockey win!

Nexus 1 min vs 60 min? I'm going to get that. Do you really have nothing to declare? Or do they not care about tourist stuff while crossing back? I'm a sucker for the Logo store sales and souvenir cups. lol

What a small world! I sat in front of you with my daughter and two little granddaughters from London, Ontario. We chatted a bit with your wife. Yes, Canadians were an easy target for him. His insistence that "Yuppers" (those living in Michigan's Upper Peninsula) refer to Canada as Canadia was unusual, to say the least.

I have enjoyed reading your review. May we see spring and sun shortly!

I always love your reviews. I enjoyed the journey!

Congrats to Owen on his hockey win!

Nexus 1 min vs 60 min? I'm going to get that. Do you really have nothing to declare? Or do they not care about tourist stuff while crossing back? I'm a sucker for the Logo store sales and souvenir cups. lol

We had goods for a total of $350 for the three of us, well under our $2,400 limit. We also had no alcohol or tobacco. They often ask the same questions as the regular lines and sometimes they don't. They seriously care about what you have, but they trust in your honour as you are in Nexus.

In Nexus you can just as easily be sent to secondary inspection. It's well worth it if you make multiple trips to the states a year. Right now we know we are headed that way for 5 times this year.

Loved the review. Thank you! Congratulations to Owen and his team!

He says thank-you. One more win is all they need.

What a small world! I sat in front of you with my daughter and two little granddaughters from London, Ontario. We chatted a bit with your wife. Yes, Canadians were an easy target for him. His insistence that "Yuppers" (those living in Michigan's Upper Peninsula) refer to Canada as Canadia was unusual, to say the least.

I have enjoyed reading your review. May we see spring and sun shortly!

We could not remember that "Canadia" description to save our lives. Hopefully your drive home was good from Detroit. We didn't see snow until 10 minutes from our house.

Your hockey life looks like mine. Just wait until your sticks don't fit widthwise in the back of your car! We also have the drying rack that we call "Dan the Drying Man". Spring Bantam starts tomorrow with our first checking clinic! We are going to Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday to see the Blackhawks vs Panthers game. This will be the 4th away Blackhawks game this season and my kids don't know we are going! We leave Sunday on the Allure in the 2 bedroom ATS and have enjoyed reading about your trip on Harmony.

First - Anthony, I have loved your live review. I wish I had time to catch up on your periscopes too!

Your hockey life looks like mine. Just wait until your sticks don't fit widthwise in the back of your car! We also have the drying rack that we call "Dan the Drying Man". Spring Bantam starts tomorrow with our first checking clinic! We are going to Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday to see the Blackhawks vs Panthers game. This will be the 4th away Blackhawks game this season and my kids don't know we are going! We leave Sunday on the Allure in the 2 bedroom ATS and have enjoyed reading about your trip on Harmony.

Dan The Drying Man!! We have a basketball and baseball player with similar all year long schedule - so there are ALWAYS uniforms, pads, etc on the drying rack! I am totally going to name him!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome review of your cruise as always Andrew.Congrats to Owen on his hockey.Good luck the rest of the finals.My boys hockey season come to an end in a couple weeks.My youngest is in the semis for bantam title this week and his last tourney is at the end of the month.Sadly my oldest didn't have the best year in midget this year.They just finished 2nd in a tourney though and have one more to do at the end of the month.Then the hockey "stink" will be gone for a few months.lol

I bumped into Ourusualbeach (Ken) and some of his family after supper tonight. We headed up to Wonderland for a drive by dessert. It isn't something that they always do, but if there are a few remaining desserts available you can buy them.

I liked the first one, with meringue, ice cream and black berry sorbet. Delicious.

Hi, how can I check to see if this is available? Also, how much are these?

Thanks!