Harmony LIVE, March 11th - 18th. Come Sail Away!!!

The only day we ate breakfast at the Coastal Kitchen. If I had to pick one day, disembarkation day is the day.

For those curious. Here's the menu.

f6d203d61f177fed69c5740761eb0b1c.jpg

Edit: obviously my head isn't 100% as I already posted this above.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

I have been reading along and truly enjoyed your review. It makes my wife and I excited and can't wait to get on to Symphony. For your congestion you can use Pseudoephedrine 30mg tabs if you don't have high blood pressure, it willl clear your head quickly. I recommend this all the time as I am a pharmacist.

Paul

The only day we ate breakfast at the Coastal Kitchen. If I had to pick one day, disembarkation day is the day.

Nice that they offered breakfast in CK on disembarkation day.

Safe travels, and I hope you feel better!

Thanks again Andrew for a great live thread ☺

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris. I hope you enjoy Harmony in a few weeks.

Thanks for an amazing week Andrew - you are a top notch LIVE poster! I am wishing you a safe flight home and hopefully you are feeling better in the morning. Try taking a decongestant an hour before you fly - will definitely help with your ears.

I did as you said, and the ears aren't hurting yet. Hopefully it will remain that way for the entire flight.

Thanks again! I really enjoyed your review. I hope you feel better! Safe travels home.

I am starting to feel better and thank-you.

Andrew, Owen and Lisa you are the best, thanks for sharing your wonderful family vacation.

It was a great time.

You are a real trooper keeping us updated during a time that I am imagining that you feeling like crap, thanks so much for that.

I hope tomorrow morning brings you good health.

Safe trip home.

Your welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I miss the umbrella tables.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We do too.

Thanks so very much for all the wonderful pics and usefulness information!! We will be booking Harmony or Symphony on our cruise next week on Oasis! Does anyone know if Symphony will have the solarium pool?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We can only wish that they add it. I think RC has heard that people miss it.

Great job Andrew. Sorry you're not feeling well.

Get well first and then do the post cruise shakedown when you're feeling better. We'll all still be here.

Easy stuff first and the other will follow. Lisa is sitting with an interesting character on the flight home. He used to play for the KC Chiefs. I'm thinking defensive lineman by his size, and attitude. He is funny, but every 10th word is the F-bomb. I will see if we can get his name.

Haha, thank you very much, that was a great trip. This time we will be renting a house and staying on the west coast of Puerto Rico for 3 days. So hopefully I can post some new views of Puerto Rico before our cruise.

Again, great review and thanks for taking the time to do this. Talk to you in a few weeks :D

I'm looking forward that. If you had pictures from the "Pork Highway" that would be even better.

Thanks for another great live review Andrew.

Your welcome.

atgood

Thank-you.

Edited by A&L_Ont

My partner has always wanted to go on the mega-ships, me not so much however after this great review (and others you've done) I'm going to give it a try so we've just booked Allure for Jan. 2019. This will be our first time on Royal Caribbean and it's reviews like yours and others (Yorkvillain etc.) here on this forum that have convinced us to sail on them.

Thank you!

I agree with you about these reviews. if you want to read another good one check out JohnGaltny's Empress review. Very funny!!

Thank you for your wonderful posts! I have enjoyed cruising with you. We will be on the same cruise next Saturday with our family celebrating my husband and my big seven o birthdays! And taking our grandson (6) on his first of ( I hope ) many cruises. I appreciate the posting of the compass and the kids club. We have been on over 50 cruises, but I can't wait to see his face when he sees this ship for the first time! Just like I loved seeing our kids faces years ago. So thank you for all your time to do these posts and pictures. It is special times and memories ( egg catching ) that we make! Trust me, save the pictures for his wedding video!! Love it, thank you!

I think he will have a blast and enjoy it. Have fun with your family when you sail.

Andrew, thank you so much for an awesome review. I really enjoyed myself following your family vacation and Owen's team hockey tournament. I hope you'll get rid of that nasty cold very soon. Feel better and safe trip back to cold Canada.

Cindy

There is going to be a 40F degree temperature change, I can only hope that I am ready for the cold.

My partner has always wanted to go on the mega-ships, me not so much however after this great review (and others you've done) I'm going to give it a try so we've just booked Allure for Jan. 2019. This will be our first time on Royal Caribbean and it's reviews like yours and others (Yorkvillain etc.) here on this forum that have convinced us to sail on them.

Thank you!

I hope that you like your Allure experience. Embarkation and disembarkation days are the only days that it feels crowded. Just make sure you book your shows in advance and then you won't have too worry about seating.

Once again I looked so forward to your families travels.

It was really needed after we shoveled out from our Lake Erie lake effect snow storm (lol).

Thanks for taking the time sharing your vacation with us.

Speedy recovery.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Thanks Sue.

I have been reading along and truly enjoyed your review. It makes my wife and I excited and can't wait to get on to Symphony. For your congestion you can use Pseudoephedrine 30mg tabs if you don't have high blood pressure, it willl clear your head quickly. I recommend this all the time as I am a pharmacist.

Paul

Paul, thanks for the tip. I don't have high blood pressure so I will need to remember that tip. I am excited to try Symphony as well.

Oh man you just hit a nerve. I HATE that feeling when you put your jeans on right before you leave the ship. And they're always a little bit tighter too.

Track pants, the old school version of stretchy pants. Totally the answer.

Nice that they offered breakfast in CK on disembarkation day.

Safe travels, and I hope you feel better!

It was great.

Andrew and family,

Thanks for taking us along. You got some great pictures.

Safe travels...

mac_tlc

I think the new IPhone 7 camera is so much better than my old 6S.

Did you have to make a reservation for this? When we got to the CL there were no tables so we just ate buffet.

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

I guess we arrived at the right time, approximately 7:30. We had no reservation but there were available tables. Lots of people did the buffet and there were many seats in the lounge area.

What a great run of reviews here lately...Trainman, Yorkvillain, and now you. Thanks for keeping me entertained. Safe travels home and hope you shake that cold quickly.

Indeed, there have been many good reviews the last few weeks. Bugsycruiser should be coming up soon as well on Harmony. That is always a good read.

I agree with you about these reviews. if you want to read another good one check out JohnGaltny's Empress review. Very funny!!

I will be off to read that shortly. Always a great read when John does a review.

Best of the Best. The competitors.

c29dbd781bbaf9474b7b9600d9b88f77.jpg

This time they did it as a skills competition not by the cheers of the audience. They had two supervisors do the scoring and who ever had the most points at the end won.

First challenge, throw the ball in the pail after dropping in from the top. No one got it in.

52b19df3fa96ed43af76f2360208ccec.jpg

The next challenge was an acid drop in from the side. This one was a failure.

29d21e531cb4e6c06caa7fb1daae372f.jpg

Next up was the challenge of 10 360s in 30 seconds. Kelsey go it.

2f13f15b5be591a876051306c5296913.jpg

Doing the show-pony was next. All of them got it done. I don't think I can bend down that far, or at least after this past week.

a7ffb3e404f21b998699d8ba585c09b7.jpg

The final challenge was doing a 360 on a boogie board. No pics of that sacrilegious event. After the totals were added the winner was Kelsey. If you look closely enough you will see my signature on the board from my November win.

a4d726183c059f3992f83cc52a430266.jpg

Thanks for the great review, Andrew! It was fun to visit Harmony again, and we really enjoy your reviews since our family is me (Lisa), DH, and our son who turns 9 at the end of the month.

Was Raj back in the CL? We *really* enjoyed him on our December sailing. I am hoping he will be on board when we sail Symphony on her maiden 7-day Caribbean voyage in November, 2018.

Feel better, and safe travels.

The final sunset.

e1148b5fe13e0699c60c76c90cce6c7b.jpg

Which leads to the final parade of the cruise, which for us was also the first parade of the cruise. I thought I'd feature the St Patty's celebration. I could used pants like that to wear home.

d65346e595139aa849fbfb5241083f2a.jpg

31cddc823a176eafd36ead0b29892456.jpg

e0599ef8b2a812ac7b3513a69d5b317c.jpg

Hidden Mickey Ears? What??

4e80893dc138ddb8bfb9a54efc7ce5b0.jpg

Which also means it's the last towel animal night. That's one huge crab.

62edbe96ae67f47c1c4f387e0e596294.jpg

Another great review! Thanks! Are you SURE you can't squeeze in another cruise before September?? 6 mos is waaaaay too long to wait for another review from you and Yorkvillian! :D

If things work out well Maureencruiser, Yorkvillain, and I should be on the ship together. That should be a great review.

Thanks for the great review, Andrew! It was fun to visit Harmony again, and we really enjoy your reviews since our family is me (Lisa), DH, and our son who turns 9 at the end of the month.

Was Raj back in the CL? We *really* enjoyed him on our December sailing. I am hoping he will be on board when we sail Symphony on her maiden 7-day Caribbean voyage in November, 2018.

Feel better, and safe travels.

Raj was in the DL this week. I didn't get to see him but he is a great guy. I can't wait to see what Symphony has to offer.

Hello, from Gingey MnKneecapping, I loved the fish pedicure!

Thank you for taking us on your fabulous Florida visit and cruise (I am still amazed at how fast a week goes)!

Also, hope you continue to feel better today and had safe travels.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What happens to all those lays potato chips.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

That's a great question, to which I don't have answer. I did eat a few bags and brought a few for travel but that was it. By no means did I get through the stack they left for me.

Hello, from Gingey MnKneecapping, I loved the fish pedicure!

Thank you for taking us on your fabulous Florida visit and cruise (I am still amazed at how fast a week goes)!

Also, hope you continue to feel better today and had safe travels.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You aren't kidding. We have been away for 11 days and in a way it feels as though we just left yesterday. Well worth it, without a doubt.

Welcome home guys! We are off the ship in the morning, but staying an extra day in Ft Lauderdale since it was a LOT cheaper to stay Sunday and pay for Monday morning air. Weird how things price out sometimes! Hope your cold is short-lived and the good memories made on Harmony last forever. Was such a privilege to meet you, Lisa, and Owen.

Mal

We arrive home about 5 pm. After some fierce laundry sorting we now have 3 loads of laundry done, the mail sorted, clocks changed and are happy to be sitting on the couch relaxing.

Besides having to force my ears to pop after the plane landing the flight was great. I will tell you about Lisa's flight neighbour tomorrow. We will never forget LV, in a positive way.

This flight we only had one bag searched by TSA, and it was the one that holds the flow boards. They are quite curious about that bag, as the last 4 times we have flown from FLL they have inspected it.

Tomorrow I will post photos of the cabin, and hopefully complete my post cruise shake down and final thoughts.

I'm still doing shooters, and somehow NyQuil tastes better in the Caribbean.

Welcome home - we arranged some light snow flurries in honor of your arrival :o

Glad you are settled on the couch - I know the feeling, vacations are fantastic, but it's always good to come home!

Looking forward to more insights about your cruise, and of course pics of the cabin!

Welcome Home, to you and your Family. I thoroughly enjoyed following your live blog here.

You did a phenomenal job Periscoping all week, as well as supporting the Royal Caribbean Periscopers!!!!

Thank You so Much, for taking the time to share your vacation with all of us!!!! [emoji847] I hope I get the chance to meet you, and Family, in the Near Future!!!

I have you to thank, as the first periscoper I ever watched, & igniting my Periscope addiction, Positive outcome of my Addiction, having a Successful Cruise Periscope Group.

I hope you feel better soon, as well.

Thanks Again Andrew!!!!

@CruisingKat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app