Is OBC really a credit if you don't get it???

I know that they have the capability to talk to Miami at any time. I would ask them to pay for a call to your TA, which they can also do. Your TA can straighten it out and get you credited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Only 28 cruises on 6 cruise lines? [emoji849]

That's only 4.6 cruises per line so you aren't really that special to them. I would not have left guest services until I had something on paper to show I had it. Then I would have spent it and deny the charges on my credit card if I didn't receive it.

28?

Icruisetoomuch... didn't know that was possible. Don't know how many we've been on, but it's never too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be any combination. 5 lines might have only been one sailing.

Could be any combination. 5 lines might have only been one sailing.
If that's the case, they are turning their back on NCL after 23 cruises over $25… It wasn't enough to warrant a third visit to the front desk during the cruise, but it's a big enough deal to throw away Platinum (possibly Platinum Plus) status?

It's only for $25? I see both sides. I wouldn't waste my vacation time on this for more than one visit. However, I think the cruise line should not lose a customer over this either, it shouldn't be too difficult to check.

This happened to us once on a Celebrity cruise (although it was the TA's mistake), and it was for more than $25. The person at Guest Services couldn't have been nicer. He said, "don't waste your vacation time, I'll take care of it, I'll leave you a message in your cabin when it's settled.":)

The OP did NOT answer the question if they made any changes to their reservation after they first booked and showed us the very old confirmation with the Dash Sale $25 from April last year. I am willing to bet that there was a change and they did not realize that $25 came off. This happens quite frequently. Most of the time the NCL Rep does not advise they will lose the SBC after the change.

Thank you for all the advice, input, remarks, observations, suggestions, guesses and assumptions. Here are more facts to clarify what happened. I booked a cruise directly with NCL around Jan 2016 for a Jan 2017 sailing. Then around April 2016 NCL informed me the cruise was cancelled due to the entire ship being chartered. They gave me some choices and I chose the Epic sailing on March 4, 2017. They promised me $25 OBC and a slight cabin upgrade from a studio to an interior for my inconvenience (how ironic). All the paperwork proving my case is posted in this thread. NO changes of any kind were made after I received the paperwork shown above directly from NCL. Also, no TA was ever used regarding this cruise. Lastly, I am a firm believer in OCCAM's RAZOR which is a philosophy that believes the best explanation is usually the simplest explanation. In this case the simplest explanation considering all the paperwork I posted is that NCL screwed up and refuses to admit it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As stated in my last post NO changes of any kind were made (or even requested) after I received the paperwork shown above which clearly states $25 OBC. Furthermore, I have cruised enough to know that the price I paid as shown above which included the Ultimate Beverage Package was as low as it was going to get.

On my last cruise I had $100 from my TA not show up. I went to guess services and they said they would check into it. The next day they left me a message saying they had contacted the office in Miami and there was no record that I should receive it, so I wouldn't be getting it, even though I had paperwork showing I would. When I got home I called my TA and they issued me a credit immediately. Now that is customer service!

In cases like that the ship will often contact the TA to figure out what's going on. I'm not sure what the point of contacting Miami was, since this was not OBC from NCL. I would assume it's in the ship's interest to help you get that TA OBC, but it depends on how much the TA actually pays NCL to arrange $100 of OBC for you (I doubt it costs them $100).

In the OP's case, it was NCL OBC, so Miami should know what happened to it. It should have been cleared up on board, and we don't know why it was not, since the OP didn't press for an answer on board, and apparently doesn't care to pursue the matter with NCL post-cruise guest relations. I know, it's only $25, and time is money, but if they have time to keep posting on this thread, they have time to send 5 lines to NCL asking for an explanation.

Like the OP I was cancelled off Jade Houston, rebooked Jade Tampa, cancelled off Jade Tampa, rebooked Epic. I did have a TA. My cousin. Poor thing basically booked me 3 cruises but only got one commission.

Each cancellation we got $100 OBC which was added to my initial $200 OBC with the original booking. (in a suite so got all booking perks and a bigger OBC with the cancellations.)

It WAS stressful. I made sure to call NCL right before the cruise and have them email me CURRENT statements and amenity confirmations. All was in order. I cruised 2/25 with no hiccups.

I chose to stick with NCL after each cancellation with price protection and excellent perks. However, the trip I booked would have cost me much less as I live in Texas. Instead, we had airfare, hotel and shuttle costs for 3. All we would have had was gas from Dallas to Houston and we had free parking, rides to port, etc. from friends. All in all we spent $1000 more with a gain of $200 OBC. But we made that decision and lived with it.

I feel for the OP. Had it happened to me I would have been frustrated too.

Everytime I cruise I cross my fingers and hope it works out without problems. So far I have been lucky. But I will always be leery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I were on the Epic sailing out of Barcelona and did not get our OBC added to our account so went to guest services with all of the paperwork, they couldn't give it to us until they checked with Miami office which would take time because of the time zone difference, they said they were sorry and gave us two bottles of wine sent chocolate covered strawberries and a box of chocolates to our room the OBC was on our account the next afternoon. When we got home we had a gift certificate from our TA saying they didn't get the paperwork in on time so they gave us the certificate to keep us booking with them. So sometimes the cruise line is not at fault

• 1 month later...
To avoid potential problem, log into your NCL account before you leave for your cruise and your OBC from NCL should be there. If nothing shows up, you have none.

Maybe or maybe not. I just got off the phone w/ NCL. because $150 in OBC (shareholders & ?) doesn't appear online or on my confirmation. Rep said it's because NCL "gave" me those OBC's and they will appear on my account on the ship. I do have amenity confirmations for them.