Boardwalk balconies

Need a bit of advice on Boardwalk balconies.

Looking to book symphony for sept 2018 as a wedding anniversary surprise for my wife and considering a boardwalk balcony ( we have always booked ocean view balconies in the past).

What is the best deck/location on the boardwalk?

Was looking at deck 12 about 5 cabins back from the aqua theatre .

What are the pros and cons of Boardwalk balconies in general?

Attracted by the soft drinks packages which come with it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Biggest con, no privacy. We noticed someone across from us using binoculars. Only rational conclusion is they were trying to get a cheap thrill.

By being slime ball. And apparently people get those cabins just to see unsuspecting people in the privacy of there cabins. This topic was discussed in another cruise forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking to book symphony for sept 2018 as a wedding anniversary surprise for my wife and considering a boardwalk balcony ( we have always booked ocean view balconies in the past).

There has been a number of posts on the Symphony Boardwalk cabins today.

IMO the view and privacy of an OV Balcony is worth the extra few bucks. Lots of negative feedback on the Harmony Boardwalk rooms. We will be in 11329 in a few days.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2469422

Noise is the biggest factor.

Noise is the biggest factor.

Are the boardwalk balconies super noisy? I know there is alot of action going on during the day, which isn't a concern because we stay busy during the day anyway - but, my biggest one would be at night when trying to go to bed..........

Are the boardwalk balconies super noisy? I know there is alot of action going on during the day, which isn't a concern because we stay busy during the day anyway - but, my biggest one would be at night when trying to go to bed..........

Exactly my concern too. If we step out onto the balcony and there is noise, then totally fine (and expected). It's when we turn out the lights and want to got to bed that we don't want noise keeping us up. I did ask the Royal agent and she said they are soundproof inside if you close the balcony door, but can't say if this is the case as haven't stayed in one yet myself (we're giving it a try).

I've answered a few of these posts about noise in a Board Walk Balcony so I'll answer here as well. We were in cabin 8311 on the Harmony in February and had absolutely no issues with noise in our cabin. Not once was our peace interrupted due to shows or movies or crowd noise. When you open the balcony door you will hear noise but it's not overpowering, at least it wasn't to us. Just normal everyday city noise without the cars honking.

It wasn't a balcony we spent a lot of time on, as you can look at the same crowd going by so many times before it gets a bit boring. Would do it again if I got a good deal on it but we really enjoy our ocean views so next time will be outside.

Most of the sound is from Aquatheater shows.

We have stayed in 10329 on Oasis and have the same cabin booked on Allure this April. We love the BW balconies because there is so much to see particularly the AquaTheater right from your balcony and the ocean too. Noise was never a problem. A lot of folks will say there is no privacy, I never felt like we were intruded upon. I figure if someone has nothing better to do then try to see into my room, they won't be impressed with what they find. Enjoy your room!! :)

We stayed on one on the Oasis of the Seas for an August TA back for refurbishment. I do not remember the number but was up high very near the Aqua show. Night noise with doors shut--no problem, but daytime noise was to me as someone said like city noise and I did not enjoy it. Also found the balcony hot with no breeze. It was back to outside balcony for us.

I was just in the deck 12 Boardwalk balcony 5 cabins from the back (12321) the last week of February 2017. I'd agree with most of what is said here:

It's pretty noisy out on the balcony, with the carousel music and general noise from both above and below. But it's not bad inside. If you're looking for a peaceful balcony experience though this isn't it. The times when you hear the noise inside too is mostly during the Aqua Theater shows, which sometimes run until 10:30 or later, and during the loud parts of movies (action scenes, etc.). I believe twice movies started as late as 11:00, and the other nights 10:30, so if you are an early to bed person that's not great.

The view is greatly compromised by the Abyss slides too.

Overall, it's certainly not terrible, but I don't think it's worth paying a balcony price for these cabins. The balcony experience just isn't that great. If I was going to do it again I'd either upgrade to a ocean view balcony or downgrade to an oceanview without a balcony.

(I'd even do an inside, but my wife insists on having a view. Maybe the virtual balcony would be enough to satisfy her?)

Thanks for all the info. You have made up my mind not to stray from ocean view balconies. We really enjoy the views early morning and as this is a surprise anniversary cruise I don't want my wife to be disappointed. If it were a lot cheaper it might be worth a go but only talking maybe £2-300 .