Pre-Registering for October 2018 to March 2019

cruisefan2012

Sorry I didn't realise you were transferring a booking as well. In that case you'd need to stick with P&O (assuming your original booking was made via them) so that they can do it all in one go.
Apparently we don't have to stick with P&O but what annoys me is that because I have the audacity to work full time and so can't be available when the P&O agent calls 36 hours after I pre register in the middle of the working day at the drop of a hat, and as he doesn't work a shift that means I couldn't easily speak to him until this evening, pre registration is now closed and so nothing can be done until 27th. He can't even confirm the cruise I want will include flights back to my chosen destination. Ludicrous. Didn't know I was up against a deadline before the upper echelons of the Peninsular club got the rights to book.

And please do NOT tell me to use a TA, I'd still have to talk to them to confirm details and unfortunately I WORK full time, I don't have hours to spare on the phone. I thought P&O customer service was better than other cruise lines, well it isn't after this weeks experience.

Apparently we don't have to stick with P&O but what annoys me is that because I have the audacity to work full time and so can't be available when the P&O agent calls 36 hours after I pre register in the middle of the working day at the drop of a hat, and as he doesn't work a shift that means I couldn't easily speak to him until this evening, pre registration is now closed and so nothing can be done until 27th. He can't even confirm the cruise I want will include flights back to my chosen destination. Ludicrous. Didn't know I was up against a deadline before the upper echelons of the Peninsular club got the rights to book.

And please do NOT tell me to use a TA, I'd still have to talk to them to confirm details and unfortunately I WORK full time, I don't have hours to spare on the phone. I thought P&O customer service was better than other cruise lines, well it isn't after this weeks experience.

No need for the attitude! I was only trying to help and I also work full time (for the NHS so you can imagine how my working day goes!).

I gave my TA the cabin numbers I was interested in and he called me back before I started work to collect the payment details for our deposit. All done and dusted before another frantic day working!

No need for the attitude! I was only trying to help and I also work full time (for the NHS so you can imagine how my working day goes!).

Did you know you can get 5% discount for being an NHS worker? I found out today, called P&O to amend my booking as I'm also an NHS employee.

Did you know you can get 5% discount for being an NHS worker? I found out today, called P&O to amend my booking as I'm also an NHS employee.

No I didn't but will bear that in mind for the future! We booked through a TA rather than P&O and got a really good deal already so I'm not sure if they'd honour the NHS discount.

No, I deal with an excellent TA, who does all the groundwork and gets a price.On the day of booking she confirms the details including the cabin etc with me over the phone before she presses the book button. At this point I pay the deposit.This TA is exceptional and never fails to deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you.

When I have pre registered with our Cruise Agent, I have always given her at least four or five cabins that I'm happy with. She has my card details and providing she can get one of those cabins she will book it and pay the deposit with my card. I'm happy with this and it does mean that it doesn't matter if I'm not there to answer the phone - I usually will be though - and often she has phoned me by 10 -10.30am to say that it's all booked. She's never not been able to get me one of the cabins that we want. I still think it's worth while having a good Cruise Agent rather than booking through P&O. That's just my experience.

When I have pre registered with our Cruise Agent, I have always given her at least four or five cabins that I'm happy with. She has my card details and providing she can get one of those cabins she will book it and pay the deposit with my card. I'm happy with this and it does mean that it doesn't matter if I'm not there to answer the phone

When I have pre registered with our Cruise Agent, I have always given her at least four or five cabins that I'm happy with. She has my card details and providing she can get one of those cabins she will book it and pay the deposit with my card. I'm happy with this and it does mean that it doesn't matter if I'm not there to answer the phone - I usually will be though - and often she has phoned me by 10 -10.30am to say that it's all booked. She's never not been able to get me one of the cabins that we want. I still think it's worth while having a good Cruise Agent rather than booking through P&O. That's just my experience.

That's exactly what I've done, it's the first time I've pre-registered so I guess I'll have to wait until sometime on Monday to see if it was worth doing.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

That's exactly what I've done, it's the first time I've pre-registered so I guess I'll have to wait until sometime on Monday to see if it was worth doing.

Well, that worked for me, I got a call from my TA at 8.30 this morning, so it's all booked and in my first choice cabin as well, only 1 year and 10 months to go now!

Talk about wishing your life away...........

Peter

Just booked B830a transatlantic cruise for Oct 2018. After the past passenger discount and 5% employee scheme discount (similar to HSBC mentioned above) I've ended up paying approx £300 pp more for a two week cruise than we paid for a one week Britannia cruise last December (not over Christmas period) so all in all, we're pretty pleased. Plus they gave us double OBC :-)

I'm now booked on D905, Adonia's repositioning voyage back from the Caribbean in March, 2019. I've wanted to "do" the Caribbean for some time, and this has the attraction of only having to fly one way, as I'm not keen on long flights and the associated jet-lag. One of the ports of call is Port Canaveral, so I'm looking forward to the opportunity of paying a visit to the space centre.

I'd registered my interest in the cruise on the website when the 2018-9 programme was first announced, but not having heard anything by today I thought I'd better ring P&O, and the lovely Georgina soon had me fixed up.